2»

Comments

• Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    Zorro = Rhino :eek:

Bye bye Peri :(

She wasn't impressed with that as an answer.

Wilf and Sylvia are easily the best. And Mrs Noble chose a Noble gas.
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    ....and Sylvester brings out the spoons. Thanks Sylv. TV Gold.

Bernard knows everything.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was rooting for Sly and Sophie, but kudos to Bernard and Jax. :)

Was amazed so few people knew Children of Earth was the title of series 3 of Torchwood! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see them get a pointless answer there for the final:)
    Although I was rooting for Sly and Ace.

Nicola didn't look too impressed- you're right. Do you think she's thwap-ing Andrew over the head with something behind the set? hehe.
    Maybe he just wanted to get off there quick so he could get back to the gym?

Takling of Nicola- she's hardly changed a bit. Not sure what age she is, but I'm guessing she must be around 50 now, and she still looks the same as when she was on TV as Peri.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    ....and Sylvester brings out the spoons. Thanks Sylv. TV Gold.

Bernard knows everything.
    Bernard was once associated with spoons too. :)
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a very good show and K9 was very informative.:D
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,684
    Forum Member
    I love the irony of Slyvester being on this as if you asked the question "Who is your favourite Doctor" to 100 random people, McCoy might well be a pointless answer himself :D
  • Options
    mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the irony of Slyvester being on this as if you asked the question "Who is your favourite Doctor" to 100 random people, McCoy might well be a pointless answer himself :D

Sylvester had possibly the most memorable line any Doctor had. Who could forget the venom he put behind the words "Unlimited Rice Pudding"
  • Options
    JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrprosser wrote: »
    Sylvester had possibly the most memorable line any Doctor had. Who could forget the venom he put behind the words "Unlimited Rice Pudding"

Fantastic line!
    When did he say that?
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Jethryk wrote: »
    Fantastic line!
    When did he say that?

in remembrance of the daleks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=enhdAZlTMlU#t=72s
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just watched the show

i am a but confused

they got the 1st question 100% wrong, they got dab is an anagram of bad and they only knew Cardiff was the town of torchwood, and that made them winners, huh?
  • Options
    Forum Member

not really he starred ibn one of the best doctor who episodes i have ever seen,
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was struck by how different Jax was from the character she played in Who!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only found out about the show 5 minutes before it aired, and it was a real treat to see the Who family out in force. It's just a shame the show itself is so dire, is that really what passes for Saturday evening entertainment these days?

I think Sylvester and Bernard should have done the spoons together though :)
  • Options
    saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally forgot this was on so thank goodness for iplayer.
    Really enjoyed it.
    What's not to like about a programme with K9 and Mr. Smith in it?!
    And any opportunity to see Bernard Cribbens on screen is tv gold :)
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was struck by how different Jax was from the character she played in Who!

Us too - what a lovely lady, and very good at her craft. And lovely to see she and Bernard Cribbins get on so well - what a good team they were! Their strong rounds saved their weak ones. Sylvester and Sophie also clearly get on very well - the two teams with the best camaraderie and chemistry head to head, I would have been happy to see either team through to the final.

Is Pointless one of the few 'celebrity' programmes that doesn't 'dumb down' the celebrity version's questions too much compared to the 'normal' version's? Some very hard (if you don't know the subject) rounds in the DW special - no matter how many times the chemical elements category comes up I can never think of any off the top of my head - apart from the 'usual suspects', and I can never remember the obscure ones no matter how many times they mention them! The final round yesterday, too, was its usual obscure self where the category title gives no real clue to what they'll be asked or what the specifics might be, and then needing some quite narrow fields of experience and knowledge to come up with any answer, let alone a pointless one!

I'll be watching it again later - both my teenage daughters were out at sleepovers last night, and they love Pointless (and any decent quiz show that mixes fun with learning trivia/knowledge/challenge) and they absolutely love Doctor Who! So the two together will be a 'must see' for them when they get home - and they'll know which chemical elements to shout out! :o
  • Options
    bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone spot the the line from Richard Osman to Jax about 'noble' gases? Can't believe neither of them said anything.
  • Options
    ukgnomeukgnome Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK - at the beginning there was the obligatory host in the TARDIS, but did you notice which one? It wasn't matt Smiths one. So the the question is, why was there an older version of the prop?
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's one out of the way, now I just want a Doctor Who special of everything else. I demand a Doctor Who Come Dine With Me. Demand it I say.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity The Chase is on ITV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about a special of Total Wipeout?
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity The Chase is on ITV.

God, that would be amazing. Get Gavin Fuller (DW expert and Mastermind champ) as an honorary Chaser and let the fans attack! :D I would so be there. :D