Options

Russell Brand, Is It Just Me?

Comments

• Options
    Emma PooEmma Poo Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    i hate the man - i just want to run up to him, knee his "ball bags" and shout in his over-large mouth "that's not funny, you w*nker"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I just don't understand him. I tried to watch BBBM but it didnt make any sense to me....

...maybe I'm just a bit slow!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loathe him..always have always will. Everything about him makes my skin crawl, and my brain faint. Thankfully i do not have to watch him hear him... there is that handy gadget called the Remote Control!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    Stewing wrote:
    I loathe him..always have always will. Everything about him makes my skin crawl, and my brain faint. Thankfully i do not have to watch him hear him... there is that handy gadget called the Remote Control!!!!

I agree completely .... but I've just noticed he's on the MediaWatch podcast from the Guardian this week .... Arrrrrgghh there's no escape. Please Guardian don't do it again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like him, I think his humour is very sharp.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dentures wrote:
    Am I the only one that can't stand Russell Brand?

His voice grates.
    I find his 'comedy' very vulgar.
    He is always all over the press.
    He is all over E4.

I'm not keen either.

He was in the audience for Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday night and he looked so scruffy against all the glitz and glamour.

SCD - It Takes Two showed some footage of him from backstage on Saturday night and his comments about Craig Revel Horwood weren't funny or appropriate at tea time.
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he can be quite sharp and extremely funny; but he's in danger of overextending himself just at present. He's on telly all the time and no one has enough material for that.
    As for him being a sex symbol, I really don't get that. Nope. Never have and never will.
    Still, if we all found the same things attractive, some of us would never get any action at all, would we? :D
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is horrible. :mad: :(
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dentures wrote:
    Am I the only one that can't stand Russell Brand?

His voice grates.
    I find his 'comedy' very vulgar.
    He is always all over the press.
    He is all over E4.

I met him when i was working at the beeb and he was naturally very funny, charming and polite. His on screen persona seems to be his natural one too. He even let me have a picture with him and he wasn't even fully made up. :)

The fact i am a bloke was good to as it shows he is friendly to everyone not just pretty ladies. :)

I like him and I know from first hand that he is a decent guy too......even if he is a crazy as the mad hatter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    TTTango wrote:
    Horrible chap. Yes he does look like Uriah Heep (or the child catcher in chitty chitty bang bang).

Give me dermie anyday.

I have heard through the grape vine that a certain little brother may not be presenting on C4 again, and it has something to do with the child catcher.
    Anyone else heard this...

I can just imagine the child catcher, catching the little brother in his net, and locking him away in vulgaria :mad:

I can beleive that, and i'm glad.

Dermot got way too boring and stuffy, towed the Endemol line too much and was scared to have his own opinions. Then along came Russell and suddenly Dermot started trying to be sharp and failed miserably.

The best bits for me was when Dermot appeared on Russells show and vice versa - you could cut the atmosphere with a knife. Dermot came across as sulky and bitter he was no longer C4's golden boy.

I used to like Dermot but he got set in his way - and he also recycles the same jokes but they arent funny.

Im a huge Russell fan and have front row for one of his stand up gigs this weekend. I'll let you know if he sits on my knee ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should listen to Russell's radio show on BBC 6Music. He is a lot funier on this and more natural. Plus Matt Morgan and Trever Lock are also hilarious.
  • Options
    HandyBendyWendyHandyBendyWendy Posts: 3,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like watching him because he shouts half the time and won't let anyone else get a word in edgeways for the other half :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Hes ok in small doses. I think hes quite good on big brothers big mouth but i think after watching a whole show, the shouting all the time gets a bit much, especially when he starts spitting aswell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is Tatlers ''little black book'' second most eligible bachelor this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand him either. I remember seeing him on an E4 show, not knowing who he was, but finding him utterly repellent (I called him an "ugly Kaka" in another thread).

I'm horrified at how popular he's become!
  • Options
    stujonesstujones Posts: 1,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me, but if there wasn't so many revelations about his sex life would there be some questions about his sexuality.

I don't know why but he just reminds me as a cross between Simon Cowell and David Walliams in his body movements and language..... and doubts pursist about those too despite revelations of affairs and being constantly linked with a bevvy of beauties. He's not exactly Grant Mitchell is he?

Not saying he is or anything, but I do find the amount of conquest he supposedly had a bit hard to believe, surely he is a bit of an acquired taste... I mean (and I am saying this as a straight male) he's not got the classic Brad Pitt looks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Those of you who 'hate' him...have you actually seen him do anything other than BBBM??

He is, first and foremost, a comedian - not a TV presenter. His radio show is fantastic, and his stand-up comedy is one of the funniest things i've ever seen.

On television he is an extremely exaggerated version of his actual personality, in person he is quite different!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    i do and i would. ;)

Eh! He reads this you know (I think)...You'll be getting propositioned! :D

He looks like a rock god...

I like him too, but I know people who can't stand him, but people who tend to be successful tend to polarise opinion.

Brain power all sapped, this old woman shall retire in a dark room with some smelling salts. :sleep:
  • Options
    Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    I find Russell too in-ya-face. He really needs to calm down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I went to see Russell stand up last night - and the man is a legend!

He was sooo funny - much funnier than he comes across on TV, I think he gets a bit un nerved by all the cameras really, it sounds odd I know but as a stand up he is a lot more chilled out and less in your face, and seems to be more self-depricating (? - unsure if I have the right word there!) I laughed so much, I think a bit of wee came out (well i did give birth only 3 months ago you know!!)

ALSO, he announced on stage that he would be in the bar afterwards to have pictures and sign autographs, and he really was, and he spoke to every single person there, signed everything, had a picture with anyone, and no, it wasnt just the pretty ladies he was eyeing up, he did it for the fellas too ;)

What a star, ive been to alot of gigs in my time but ive never known anyone to do that - if I have met someone it has been by bumping into them, not by invitation.

We had a fantastic night, and ive already booked to see him again next February :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    He's very funny and unique, he's a big Morrissey fan, naming his cat after him, championing Moz on the culture shows greatest living british icon, leave the man alone!
  • Options
    etralietrali Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Woowookid wrote:
    Personally I find him about as irresistible as a case of chronic haemorrhoids. :p

Couldn't put it better myself. He is a wrteched creature that needs a good bath. Not funny either.
    Any women that finds him attractive needs to get to specsavers pronto
  • Options
    Forum Member
    etrali wrote:
    Couldn't put it better myself. He is a wrteched creature that needs a good bath. Not funny either.
    Any women that finds him attractive needs to get to specsavers pronto

I'll book my appointment then :D

I find the 'real life' him even more attractive than his on screen persona - and he's not stinky, he smells very nice actually :)
  • Options
    lillyoolillyoo Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is he sexiest man in the world (to me anyway) I could just do dirty things to him all day, might have trouble getting him out of those jeans but my god would I try. ;)
  • Options
    etralietrali Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    lillyoo wrote:
    He is he sexiest man in the world (to me anyway) I could just do dirty things to him all day, might have trouble getting him out of those jeans but my god would I try. ;)

He is a self-confessed junkie, who just shouts a lot. And an utter (self-proclaimed) slag.

Still, different strokes for different folks.