Premiership Coverage next season

I have been enjoying the Premiership coverage on BT vision sport so far, although I would prefer to do setanta on a pay per view basis. I am only really interested in watching Spurs games so I'm not really getting my moneysworth at the moment. Anyway, if there is one improvement I would like to see next season it would be to have games available for say, 8pm instead of 10.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Not likely to happen unless BT pay loads more money for better football rights
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    deeman wrote: »
    Anyway, if there is one improvement I would like to see next season it would be to have games available for say, 8pm instead of 10.

What do you guys think?

How much more would you be willing to pay???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Can't happen as the Premier League rights deals are fixed for the length of the contract. BT only owns the rights from 10pm because that's all that was sold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    How long is the contract BT have with the Premier League?

Also I would be willing to pay more for ealier game,s, and extra couple of quid should do it.
  • HomesdaleHomesdale Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member

Also I would be willing to pay more for ealier game,s, and extra couple of quid should do it.

I think i read somewhere that the contract is for 1 year. Then at the end they can see where they are and if its been beneficial to one another!!
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Homesdale wrote: »
    I think i read somewhere that the contract is for 1 year. Then at the end they can see where they are and if its been beneficial to one another!!
    It's three years, as is the case with all the FAPL audio-visual contracts.
  • DeanDSDeanDS Posts: 1,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I might be wrong here, but I think the FA do not want games shown earlier, this is to prevent supporters of teams in lower divisions not going to away(and home) games so they can stay in and watch a premier game at 5.30 say, rather than go to a game, come back from a few hours drive and watch a game.
    Like I say I'm unsure, this just seems to be something I think i've heard/read before.