Options

ESPN - Help Me Out

TheChrisTheChris Posts: 302
Forum Member
Guys, I want to watch UFC at 3AM on ESPN

But here's the thing, I got all the channels like all the movies, news and sports and stuff, but it still says I need to subscribe to ESPN

How much does it cost/month,

Can I cancel after 1 month or the next day without additional costs

And if I subscribe now, will I be able to watch UFC at 3AM, is it automatic?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    9 quid/month if you sub to the Sky Sports channels

12 quid/month for folks without the sports pack
  • Options
    Forum Member
    9 quid/month if you sub to the Sky Sports channels

12 quid/month for folks without the sports pack

Can ya answer my other questions please ;]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I cant. Which is why I hadnt :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No I cant. Which is why I hadnt :D

Ahh ok no worries thanks for helping me out ;]

Can anyone else help me out please
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Do sky subsribers not get any of the ESPN channels free for a month while its just started?
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No,that's only on Virgin cable apparently.
  • Options
    petestanpetestan Posts: 3,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheChris wrote: »
    Can ya answer my other questions please ;]
    #

You can cancel after 1 month as it's like MUTV an add on NO 12 month subscription, if you ring sky CS they should be able to switch you on almost straight away.
  • Options
    Robbie01Robbie01 Posts: 10,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petestan wrote: »
    #

You can cancel after 1 month as it's like MUTV an add on NO 12 month subscription, if you ring sky CS they should be able to switch you on almost straight away.
    or sign up via Sky Active as there is, or at least there was a few days ago, a £5 discount for the first month.
  • Options
    AdamBruntAdamBrunt Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    #

I was going to post a question asking about this - thanks.

So no 12 month subscription but is there a minimum time between subscriptions ? ie could you sign up today, cancel in a month's time and then sign up again after a couple of weeks ?

Basically, if you're team is only on every couple of months could you use it as a "pay per view" channel so to speak ?
  • Options
    DingerDinger Posts: 2,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdamBrunt wrote: »
    I was going to post a question asking about this - thanks.

So no 12 month subscription but is there a minimum time between subscriptions ? ie could you sign up today, cancel in a month's time and then sign up again after a couple of weeks ?

Basically, if you're team is only on every couple of months could you use it as a "pay per view" channel so to speak ?

i suppose so, as long as its been a minimum of 30 days since you added it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    sorry to be an idiot but how do you sign up to espn through sky active........ i went on page 417 and theres no red button to sign up with please help gotta have the footy on thanks for any help tim
  • Options
    camajcamaj Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there's no red button you can go to "interactive" on the sky epg and then follow the links on there to upgrade. However that didn't work for me, neither does signing up online! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    thanks camaj just done what you said but at the end they say this interactive service isnt working at the moment,but i will keep trying cheers mate
  • Options
    camajcamaj Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks tim, I'm glad it's not just me that gets that message!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem online and interactive yesterday, I gave customer services a call and after holding for nearly 10 mins, they said those systems were down due to high demand but they could add the channels for me over the phone. (Agent said during conversation that they were very busy, I gathered that by the hold time and the interactive/website problems) they even added the £10 credit that was available for online/interactive sign-up, after i asked about it.) I Did a "new Installation" from the engineers menu and the channels were on immediately after that, I was very impressed.
  • Options
    Robbie01Robbie01 Posts: 10,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dinger wrote: »
    I had the same problem online and interactive yesterday, I gave customer services a call and after holding for nearly 10 mins, they said those systems were down due to high demand but they could add the channels for me over the phone. (Agent said during conversation that they were very busy, I gathered that by the hold time and the interactive/website problems) they even added the £10 credit that was available for online/interactive sign-up, after i asked about it.) I Did a "new Installation" from the engineers menu and the channels were on immediately after that, I was very impressed.
    A £10 credit? They've upped that credit quickly, it was only £5 last week.

So effectively the first month is now free - wish I'd waited another week to sign up.
  • Options
    petestanpetestan Posts: 3,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie01 wrote: »
    A £10 credit? They've upped that credit quickly, it was only £5 last week.

So effectively the first month is now free - wish I'd waited another week to sign up.

On the sky website it says £10 if you subscribe to sky sports as well as espn or £5 if you just get espn.

http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyproducts/skytv/channels/addon/espn?DCMP=ILC-SkyCOM_ESPN

Online saving: We will credit £5 to your account if you upgrade to the Sky Sports Pack online, £5 if you upgrade to ESPN online and £10 if you upgrade to the Sky Sports Pack and ESPN online. Credit will be made to your Sky digital account within 60 days of the Sky Sports Pack and/or ESPN being enabled on your viewing card. This is not available in conjunction with any other offer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the sky website it says £10 if you subscribe to sky sports as well as espn or £5 if you just get espn.

http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyproducts/skytv/channels/addon/espn?DCMP=ILC-SkyCOM_ESPN

Yes, I added sports and ESPN at the same time. The credit was added immediately and is on next months bill.