Is this case off limits too? The murder of the bride in South Africa. Anni Dewani

Comments

• googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paying the taxi cleaning bill? :D
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    tpk wrote: »
    Think its quite obvious that if Mr Dewani is extradited to South Africa then he will be found guilty of conspiracy to murder, no matter what (if any) involvement he had.

Why is it "quite obvious"? It's this kind of arrogant presumption of superiority that is making this country a global joke (the biggest laughs being had by FIFA at the expense of Prince William and the two Daves last week).
    Mr Dewani is a wealthy man who can afford to hire the country's highest profile publicist to do a job that does not need doing. I'm quite sure he can find the right legal team to represent him in a case that has the eyes on the world on it.
  • IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    PPI wrote: »
    SA police lawyer has stated they have hotel CCTV footage of Dewani meeting the cab driver....... drumroll....

BEFORE and AFTER the murder.

Case closed, your honour ...?
    Before as well as after? :eek:

Silly monkey! :rolleyes:
  • PPIPPI Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    IWantPVR wrote: »
    Before as well as after? :eek:

Silly monkey! :rolleyes:

correct, BEFORE and AFTER
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bail granted according to Sky News
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    bail granted according to Sky News
    You're not wrong:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Shrien-Dewani-Met-Taxi-Driver-Before-And-After-Wifes-Murder-South-Africa-Honeymoon-Killing/Article/201012215851215?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15851215_Shrien_Dewani_Met_Taxi_Driver_Before_And_After_Wifes_Murder:_South_Africa_Honeymoon_Killing
    Outside court, Sky News reporter Alistair Bunkall said: "The most interesting piece of evidence was footage apparently taken three days after Mrs Dewani's death, seeming to show the husband handing over a white package to the driver."

The lawyer offered the evidence as argument against granting Dewani bail, claiming he posed a significant flight risk.

But Mr Justice Ouseley disagreed with their accusations and granted bail for the Bristol care home owner, who was not in court.
    I can't believe he got bail. With his money and connections, I doubt we'll ever see him in a court again. Guilty or innocent with that much evidence around I'd be gone in a flash.
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    IWantPVR wrote: »

Don't worry, our own justice system is so far superior to all those dirty foreigners' that there's absolutely no chance of any Brits committing crimes abroad and then coming back here and using money, contacts and PR pressure to escape justice. Our decency and strong sense of fair play is the envy of the world, you know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought Shrien, if innocent, would prefer to have the opportunity to demonstrate this in the eyes of the world, rather than try to use this black police officer's use of slang as leverage to avoid appearing in court and clearing his name.

Totally agree.

Another reason he should go back is as follows. Yesterday evening Anni Dewani's distraught family (via several TV news broadcasts) implored Shrien to return to South Africa to face the various allegations against him in a SA court. Also, Anni's father has been quoted as saying he has complete faith in SA's judicial system.

Hence, the longer Shrien refuses to return to SA the more he risks ailenating himself from his dead wife's family. He really needs to stop running. :(
  • jassijassi Posts: 7,895
    Forum Member
    Released on bail ! Our judicial system never ceases to amaze me :eek:
    Forum Member
    haha released on bail!

unbelievable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jassi wrote: »
    Released on bail ! Our judicial system never ceases to amaze me :eek:

He suspected of being the mastermind behind his wife's murder. So, in view of that the decision to grant him bail is utterly crazy. It's also a kick in the teeth to the SA police/judicial system.

The South African prosecutors who requested for Mr Dewani's extradition must be absolutely seething.

Utter madness!! :eek::eek::eek:
  • superboysuperboy Posts: 4,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What surprises me the most is the amount of facebook groups giving him support, despite all the evidence
    Forum Member
    superboy wrote: »
    What surprises me the most is the amount of facebook groups giving him support, despite all the evidence

seem to be plenty against him aswell
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yep agreed that he will probably disappear forever now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprising that the judge doesn't consider him a flight risk. Time will tell on that front won't it.

I still think he'll be extradited though.
    Forum Member
    Seems this case will decided, guilty or not guilty wise dependant upon his doing a runner or not.

Clearly will only do a runner if he knows the writing is on the wall.
  • WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha released on bail!

unbelievable.

Wikileaks Julian Assange's denial of bail is looking totally political now if you factor in this case
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems this case will decided, guilty or not guilty wise dependant upon his doing a runner or not.

Clearly will only do a runner if he knows the writing is on the wall.

He will be tagged though?
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's screwed now with the CCTV footage. I'm glad they have that.
    Forum Member
    poppitypop wrote: »
    He will be tagged though?

He has been tagged since earlier this week, dont think they are that hard to take off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That SA police chief needs to shut the hell up, he is just digging and digging his hole and giving Dewani reasons to avoid trial on a plate (continuing monkey comments being perceived as racist, predetermined guilty so no fair trial etc)
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    correct, BEFORE and AFTER

He is so f**ked.
  • chicaxschicaxs Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Funny how he dumps his first fiance (after being engaged for just a month) then has no wife 3 days after their honeymoon.

Also he has no history of having any girlfriends. Whoever sparked the Gay rumour may be on the ball.
    Forum Member
    jon8769 wrote: »
    Surprising that the judge doesn't consider him a flight risk. Time will tell on that front won't it.

I still think he'll be extradited though.
    SA may not have the death penalty but it's a pretty brutal regime in which to spend 20 years in a high security prison. The death penalty would be preferable I think.

Perhaps the judiciary are keen to scupper any possibility of extradition to absolve them of any responsibility to carry out their commitments under the treaty?
    Forum Member
    he is a sociopath, plain and simple.