SNP plan secret massive cuts to NHS

Scott ChegScott Cheg Posts: 393
Forum Member
NHS exposing Salmonds lies today. The SNP are ready to cut the funding to the NHS once independence comes in. This is the complete opposite to what he has been saying these past weeks and months.

Wonder how many more of his policy's are also based upon lies.

Comments

• PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't sound secret if you know about it.
  • Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott Cheg wrote: »
    Most of them are.

And the ones that are not based on lies are based on mis-truths...

The SNP don't care about the people of Scotland post Independence, they only care about getting the credit for leading Scotland into their Independence dream.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its already happening here in the UK funding although above inflation is not keeping pace with the cost of treatments.
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It can't be true, I mean what with all that oil revenue they can afford anything.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the Yessers, because the BBC are reporting this, it can't possibly be true! The BBC are the new enemy of the state, apparently!
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't matter. If there is a YES vote and the SNP announce "massive cuts" to the NHS next week then they will lose the first Scottish general election. Either way, the voters of Scotland will decide.
  • Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scaremongering nonsense.

When Scotland is free from the evil Eng...sorry Westminster, it will have the money to afford anything and everything it wants. It is written in the sacred White Paper.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter. If there is a YES vote and the SNP announce "massive cuts" to the NHS next week then they will lose the first Scottish general election. Either way, the voters of Scotland will decide.

I cannot help feeling that due to the west lothian question UK voters should have had a say.

I would certainly have voted for Scottish independence personally.
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    Amaretto2 wrote: »
    Scaremongering nonsense.

When Scotland is free from the evil Eng...sorry Westminster, it will have the money to afford anything and everything it wants. It is written in the sacred White Paper.

Aaaagh................

Afternoon Mr. Salmond!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot help feeling that due to the west lothian question UK voters should have had a say.

The people of England should have woken up ages ago and recognised the fact that the best way to solve the West Lothian Question once and for all is to campaign for an English Parliament. Trouble is, most of them think that's what Westminster is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people of England should have woken up ages ago and recognised the fact that the best way to solve the West Lothian Question once and for all is to campaign for an English Parliament. Trouble is, most of them think that's what Westminster is.

You are probably right there.!

But belatedly we are waking up Labour did not ban Scottish MPs form voting on English issues in my view as they were only looking at their majority in the HOC,and how that might be affected Blair should have dealt with this at the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are probably right there.!

But belatedly we are waking up Labour did not ban Scottish MPs form voting on English issues in my view as they were only looking at their majority in the HOC,and how that might be affected Blair should have dealt with this at the time.

Cameron said today we are "Nowhere near" an English parliament. Does he not realise that if there was already a strong English parliament then the Union might not be in danger of breaking up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron said today we are "Nowhere near" an English parliament. Does he not realise that if there was already a strong English parliament then the Union might not be in danger of breaking up.

He probably does but its too late in the day.

He should have reformed things in my view rather then a referendum.

But there you go.
  • television2004television2004 Posts: 2,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Too many Scots in UK politics. They can have a say in how England is governed but not the other way for English MP's! It was Scottish LibDems that voted to raise the tuition fees in England to 9k
    The Barnet formula gives them more money per head than the rest of the UK, Why?
    They moan about the so called "Westminster" government forgeting that this was controlled in 13 of the last 17 years by two Scottish Prime Ministers. One who sent the UK into a War in Iraq. The other who squandered all our gold reserves and nearly bankrupt the UK. (Scotland would have gone bankrupt if it was independent)..
    Then when the coalition is called in to clear up the left over horse manure they blame Cameron and Co.
    To all Scottish voters please vote YES.
    You can go your own way without the rUK funding you!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If the vote is Yes the issue is resolved anyway apart from Welsh MPs. If it is No then all that is needed is to only allow MPs from any of the countries of the UK to vote on legislation before Westminster if it directly impacts the country they were elected in.
  • television2004television2004 Posts: 2,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    If the vote is Yes the issue is resolved anyway apart from Welsh MPs. If it is No then all that is needed is to only allow MPs from any of the countries of the UK to vote on legislation before Westminster if it directly impacts the country they were elected in.

So do you think the Scottish MP's would allow it?
    If it was that easy why has it not been done.
    There are probably voters in Scotland who think after independence they should have representation at Westminster.
  • clinchclinch Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »

I don't trust them to abide by that. They would claim that the implications of spending on a particular education or health issue impacted on Scotland and so they would claim the right to vote.
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member

he does not realise much does he :D he has handled the whole referendum with great ineptitude . He may over take Brown as the UK's worst post war PM .
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    he does not realise much does he :D he has handled the whole referendum with great ineptitude.

I guess that depends on if you think he wants No to win the day, or just wants to look like he wanted No to win
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clinch wrote: »
    I don't trust them to abide by that. They would claim that the implications of spending on a particular education or health issue impacted on Scotland and so they would claim the right to vote.

Both health and education are already devolved to Scotland so their MPs shouldn't be voting on legislation before Westmister on those matters unless it changes the situation in Scotland. There would need to be rules on voting which would prohibit any government from deciding on what was and what wasn't allowed to suit their agenda.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocking revelation but will be ignored by the lemmings hell bent on yes regardless of any or indeed all risks.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another day, another "Cheggers Does Politics" thread.

I'm not complaining, though, i find him quite entertaining. :blush:
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    promising to lower taxes and also increase services "by using better management" is pretty much what every politician says nowadays ... then they always do the opposite .......
  • MagnamundianMagnamundian Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no "SNP Policy"

There is agreement that there is a funding shortage and services will have to be cut.

Obviously in a post-Yes vote Scotland that funding shortage can be addressed, as the only question will be how much the Scottish Gov't is willing to spend from the entire pot of taxation, not how much has the Westminster Gov't has allocated plus how much can the Scottish Gov't top-up from minor tax raising powers.
  • Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scott Cheg wrote: »
    NHS exposing Salmonds lies today. The SNP are ready to cut the funding to the NHS once independence comes in. This is the complete opposite to what he has been saying these past weeks and months.

....:o