Options

Any wordpressers out there give me some feedback on my blog?

ahrimaniacahrimaniac Posts: 981
Forum Member
✭✭
Afternoon all

I've been writing a food blog for people following Slimming World, with recipe cards and general blather.

I'm not writing it in order to gain masses of followers or whatnot, just it gives me a secondary reason to keep up with the diet, and actually, the readership is surprisingly decent.

What I was wondering is - any feedback on the style, or the cards, or general layout? I think it needs a page of all the recipes collected together or a menu page down the side with links, but I haven't figured that out yet.

I appreciate this sticking my head above the parapet, but please try and be nice/constructive!

https://twochubbycubs.wordpress.com/

Comments

• Options
    skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It needs an index, you're right.

I was impressed by the quality and quantity of the swearing. And the recipe cards. And how you cooked that turnip.

I'm not a 'wordpresser' though, so can't offer any help.

Edit: ^^^That's not a very good review... :D I liked it a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skazza wrote: »
    It needs an index, you're right.

I was impressed by the quality and quantity of the swearing. And the recipe cards. And how you cooked that turnip.

I'm not a 'wordpresser' though, so can't offer any help.

Edit: ^^^That's not a very good review... :D I liked it a lot.

Hee! Thanks :) I've just edited the word wordpresser out of my title as it sounds ridiculous. But I mentioned it in the edit so your post still makes sense!

I DO love a good swear, and turnip, so really I'm ticking all the boxes. Need to figure out that index though.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I love it, very funny and very informative. I'm going to get one of those potato masher thingies - and one of those enormous wine glasses the size of a pumpkin.

Is there a share button on it, for twitter and facebook etc? I can't see one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there is at the bottom of my posts, but you're right, I need to add a few in!

Those mashers, honest to god, you'll never look back!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    A little bitchy and sarcastic, kinda like myself, I love it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A little bitchy and sarcastic, kinda like myself, I love it!

What a hero!

Thanks :) aah I thought I'd get teared apart for posting. This is a pleasant surprise!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am also in love with your cat :kitty:
    Overly affectionate tom-cat who seems to have forgotten that we had his knackers removed. Goes out into the street, comes back in with a torn ear or split face and expects us to take him to the vets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because you said that, I've added pictures to their page.

https://twochubbycubs.wordpress.com/about/

Enjoy, someone has to...!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ahrimaniac wrote: »
    Because you said that, I've added pictures to their page.

https://twochubbycubs.wordpress.com/about/

Enjoy, someone has to...!
    Aw lovely. I like Bowser the best, Sola looks mean :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I think you misunderstand? DS is the place where people place their God-awful blogs for us all to laugh and poke fun at.

As it happens, your blog is brilliant so there's no fun to be had! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw lovely. I like Bowser the best, Sola looks mean :D

She is! She won't let you pick her up or pet her, and for a brief period, she'd actually come in from the outside to poo in the house and go back out. A water sprayer soon remedied that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    plymgary wrote: »
    I think you misunderstand? DS is the place where people place their God-awful blogs for us all to laugh and poke fun at.

As it happens, your blog is brilliant so there's no fun to be had! :(

Hee - thanks man. I was in two minds as to whether to post it at all as I know DS can be a little...acerbic, but I'm too fat and thick-skinned to care in the long run. Cheers!
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed reading that! Good simple recipes and made me laugh! Good luck with your weight loss :)
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    'recipe: piece of piiss'

Shouldn't that be in the ingredients part of chicken kiev?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha, and take away from the delicious taste of powdered garlic and fromage frais?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do like the Chicken Kiev recipe. And I've ordered one of those mash machines, the OXO Good Grips 3-in-1 Adjustable Potato Ricer - it better be good because it's quite a few bob. But I've given up smoking (Stoptober) and I have heaps of spare cash now. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I promise you, if you're a mash fan, you'll never look back! We chuck any old bits of nonsense in it - turnip, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots...don't even need to peel the buggers because the skin just sits in the ricer as you go (you'll need to take it out a couple of times)

Blimey I should be on commission!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I promise you, if you're a mash fan, you'll never look back! We chuck any old bits of nonsense in it - turnip, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots...don't even need to peel the buggers because the skin just sits in the ricer as you go (you'll need to take it out a couple of times)

Blimey I should be on commission!
    Brilliant. I LOVE mash, it tastes so sinful. I'm quite excited about my mash machine arriving now. Flipping heck, Saturday night and I'm posting about mashed potato!! :D
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be honest I started cringing before it even loaded because whenever I have looked at blogs people want advice on they have been spectacularly awful. In fact, I don't even look at them now but I'm very bored on a Saturday night here.

But I was very surprised! It's really good. Very clear, I like how it's written and the pictures and how the recipes are laid out. I also enjoyed the picture of your cat pretending he doesn't have any back legs :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    I'll be honest I started cringing before it even loaded because whenever I have looked at blogs people want advice on they have been spectacularly awful. In fact, I don't even look at them now but I'm very bored on a Saturday night here.

But I was very surprised! It's really good. Very clear, I like how it's written and the pictures and how the recipes are laid out. I also enjoyed the picture of your cat pretending he doesn't have any back legs :D

I genuinely don't know where his legs have gone in that picture, he's quite a tall cat so they're hard to miss!

I'm the first to bitchily critique people if they set up a blog, I'm not going to lie. That's why I thought karma would bite me on the arse when I posted this one. But your kind words are lovely - cheers!

To celebrate, I've posted about my bumhole.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I genuinely don't know where his legs have gone in that picture, he's quite a tall cat so they're hard to miss!

I'm the first to bitchily critique people if they set up a blog, I'm not going to lie. That's why I thought karma would bite me on the arse when I posted this one. But your kind words are lovely - cheers!

To celebrate, I've posted about my bumhole.

Lol :D

At the bumhole and the cat stealing your chicken.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to bring the mirth!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies, but just a little bump to soak up the Sunday audience....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And a final bump for the midweek (sort of) crowd. Final time I'll bump, promise!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie_Little, the people must know. How are you getting on with your ricer? Has it changed the way you look at the world? Tell!