Ending Orange contract early

lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have an iPhone contract with Orange that isn't due to expire until July 2011.

I would like to finish the contract early, but keep my mobile number (so would need a PAC).

Any experience of how Orange deal with this, will they just simply charge me 12x £40 (monthly cost)? Cheers

Comments

• carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (in my customer retentions voice)

"Is there any particular reason you're looking to cancel and is that the only reason?" :)

It could always be worth talking to Orange if you're having problems with their service. If you do cancel though i believe it is the number of months remaining x your monthly reccurring charges. They may go as far as working out your cessation fee right down to the exact number of days left in your contract!
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (in my customer retentions voice)

"Is there any particular reason you're looking to cancel and is that the only reason?" :)

It could always be worth talking to Orange if you're having problems with their service. If you do cancel though i believe it is the number of months remaining x your monthly reccurring charges. They may go as far as working out your cessation fee right down to the exact number of days left in your contract!
  • AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To cancel you will have to pay up the remainder of the contract, less the VAT and you will have to pay it there and then to get your PAC. The phone will be disconnected within minutes. If your PAC expires you will lose your phone number so be ready to either take out a new contract or port it to a pay and go SIM to be sure of keeping it.
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Appleseed wrote: »
    To cancel you will have to pay up the remainder of the contract, less the VAT and you will have to pay it there and then to get your PAC. The phone will be disconnected within minutes. If your PAC expires you will lose your phone number so be ready to either take out a new contract or port it to a pay and go SIM to be sure of keeping it.

Actually, not quite correct, but nearly there.

It's the remaining months in the contract (worked on a daily basis), but without the VAT *plus* an additional discount for early termination (which is based on the plan taken out - this is because in a lot of circumstances due to termination rates being levied, it is sometimes cheaper and more cost effective to effectivly incentivise the customer to leave).

Also, the fee no longer needs to be paid immediately for a PAC to be issued. The termination fee goes on last bill.