Options

It's time to get tough on extremism!

MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2012/10/22/4-45-pm-update-birmingham-men-accused-of-suicide-bomb-plot-bigger-than-july-7-london-attacks-97319-32080837/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'm sorry but this needs to stop.

What's also making me mad is, this area in Birmingham seems to have a lot of terror raids.

I feel constant survillenace, economic sanctions and limits on movements can be the way to stop this extremism.

On top of that...deportation whether these men where born here or not and an Islamic punishment to see how they would like it.

We need to crack down, and being tough is the way forward.

Comments

• Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    You say it like we're not already tough on extremism... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    You say it like we're not already tough on extremism... :rolleyes:

We need to be tougher. At the end of the day, if these people don't like it here....round them up and send them back!
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An "Islamic punishment"? No Sharia law in the UK thank you very much.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need to be tougher. At the end of the day, if these people don't like it here....round them up and send them back!

Back to Birmingham? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    An "Islamic punishment"? No Sharia law in the UK thank you very much.

No, the punishment would take place on Islamic soil. We don't want the terror trash clogging the jails up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Casual wrote: »
    Back to Birmingham? :confused:

Now that IS a bit extreme. :D
  • Options
    WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On top of that...deportation whether these men where born here or not and an Islamic punishment to see how they would like it.
    Back to where exactly?! :confused: (Rhetorical question by the way, I'm not interested in hearing more.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to where exactly?! :confused: (Rhetorical question by the way, I'm not interested in hearing more.)

Country of heritage.
  • Options
    WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Country of heritage.
    :yawn: :sleep: Zzzz...
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Country of heritage.

This is bordering on "I'm not Racist but......." :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Country of heritage.

What happens if they were born in the UK?

Do they still get the sharia treatment then?
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Extreme measures need to be taken!

Oh, wait... :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Country of heritage.

If they are second or third generation British, then do we have to send their parents or grandparents back instead? :confused:
  • Options
    Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is, as Casual alluded to, a lot of these people who 'dont like it here' were born here. We can't deport them. It is the ideal solution, but there's nowhere we could deport them to. What kind of country is gonna go 'oh yes please send us your convicts'.

Then again, Australia turned out pretty fine in the end..
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very frightening to realise what might have happened if our security forces hadn't stopped these people in time. It's difficult to understand that they are willing to live in our midst, but hate us enough to want to kill us.

'Send them back where they come from,' clearly doesn't work, especially when they were born here, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why people who clearly hate us and our values, don't voluntarily go and live in a country whose values they do admire.

Nothing on earth would compel me to live in a country whose values I despised.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea yes yes. We should investigate, arrest, prosecute and jail these types..oh hang on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Send them to Afghanistan for extraordinary rendition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if I commit a crime I will be sent to Ireland as thats where my grandparents were born?
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we need judge 100 years
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc4F7mYFw24&feature=related

send the man down
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    We can't send them back because 'back' doesn't exist if born here, all we can do is be tough on sentencing and no prison perks or bowing to religious demands once inside.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Country of heritage.

I don't really think you understand how deportation works- protip- it's not based on country of heritage. That would be insane. Apart from anything else, it generally relies on the country people are being deported to agreeing to take them. I don't really think already-fraught international relations will be helped by us just illegally dumping our undesirables in other countries just because it's where their grandad lived.

The corollorary to this is, of course, that if there IS a country that's willing to have our terrorists and welcomes them with open arms...

...then I'm not entirely sure I trust them with our terrorists. I'd rather keep 'em here and in prison, to be honest. At least here they're not causing any trouble. I can just see a rogue state going "yeah, all those criminal masterminds you've got in prison? Send 'em to us. We promise not to get them to help us hatch an awesome plan to totally pwn you".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if I commit a crime I will be sent to Ireland as thats where my grandparents were born?

Could be worse, I'd be going back to poland, america, germany or somewhere else, even though I've never met my grandparents or speak the language. I'll swap?
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea yes yes. We should investigate, arrest, prosecute and jail these types..oh hang on.

You sound a bit peeved that people are discussing a very serious matter. It's clear that you'd rather no-one mentioned acts of this kind, but clearly that's not going to happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2012/10/22/4-45-pm-update-birmingham-men-accused-of-suicide-bomb-plot-bigger-than-july-7-london-attacks-97319-32080837/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'm sorry but this needs to stop.

What's also making me mad is, this area in Birmingham seems to have a lot of terror raids.

I feel constant survillenace, economic sanctions and limits on movements can be the way to stop this extremism.

We need to crack down, and being tough is the way forward.

So your solution is for us to become like them?

If you want to live in a country that stones people to death, go live in one!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    This is bordering on "I'm not Racist but......." :rolleyes:

Bordering? If you look back you can see the borderline in the distance.