Options

Random forgotten storylines from 90's and 00's

starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
Forum Member
Not the tram crash, you ain't my muvva, kings house collapse, Lassiters burning or Deirdre and Dev :cry:

These are little forgotten storylines. They might be funny, dramatic, silly, boring or just filler.

I'll start off. Scooter and his goldfish - Corrie :D

Another Corrie. Craig Harris (whos mum left and sister and dad had been killed the year before) becoming a goth and dating a gothic Rosie Webster. and the 2 of them getting caught trying to er... get jiggy.

Comments

• Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie - Michelle's baby swap when she found out Ryan wasn't actually her son. That seems to have been totally forgotton and was quickly swept under the carpet as if it never happened.
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Shirley Benson and her cat. Any other answers are, from here on, invalid.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I found it odd when she spoke to Pat about Gavin and thinking "Does anybody care about this Shirley?!"

She and Gavin were just so random. Were the created as a filler after there plans for the Kapoors changed?
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Justice for Boots! :D
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That was an amazing storyline. Shirley Benson would give Shirley Carter a run for her money. What an absolute legend!!

Boots will never be forgotten. Not even Wellard comes close.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember Doris Moisey who moved in with Jim Branning, trying to make moves on him while Dot was away around 2002/3? She was a right tart :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    I found it odd when she spoke to Pat about Gavin and thinking "Does anybody care about this Shirley?!"

She and Gavin were just so random. Were the created as a filler after there plans for the Kapoors changed?

Did she not have a bizarre love triangle with Ash and Adi Ferriera? Tariq's dramatic reveal as a relative in kidneygate must take the second spot in this contest by the way
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was an amazing storyline. Shirley Benson would give Shirley Carter a run for her money. What an absolute legend!!

Boots will never be forgotten. Not even Wellard comes close.

It's true. Wellard never had a chain of chemists named after him!
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she not have a bizarre love triangle with Ash and Adi Ferriera? Tariq's dramatic reveal as a relative in kidneygate must take the second spot in this contest by the way

Ferriera! - Why did I put Kapoors?! :blush:

I didn't even remember Adi until you reminded me. I remember her and Ash having a fling.

I didn't mind the Ferriera's. Yes the kidneygate when on too long but imo they were nowhere near as dominating as the Carters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    Ferriera! - Why did I put Kapoors?! :blush:

I didn't even remember Adi until you reminded me. I remember her and Ash having a fling.

I didn't mind the Ferriera's. Yes the kidneygate when on too long but imo they were nowhere near as dominating as the Carters.

May have been a different story if the actor who played Dan wasn't deported. The kids were going to bump him off and cover it up weren't they?
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Shirley dated Dan who was the father before she started seeing Ash the son however whilst secretly seeing Ash Dan started to show an interest in her again and tried to woo her back. The storyline was going to result in Shirley and the siblings murdering Dan but was scrapped when the actor got deported. It was a huge mistake not to recast him and continue with the storyline - he'd only been onscreen 6 months he wasn't a long term character who viewers would struggle to accept a new actor. The storylines cancellation and subsequent poor replacement (kidney gate) meant the beginning of the end for the Ferriera's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree Dr K.
  • Options
    baisbaisbaisbais Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harold's 'Evil Stroke' in Neighbours. People still talk about Susan's amnesia, but forget how much more ridiculous that almost-simultaneous story was...
  • Options
    CalfroCalfro Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    baisbais wrote: »
    Harold's 'Evil Stroke' in Neighbours. People still talk about Susan's amnesia, but forget how much more ridiculous that almost-simultaneous story was...

Oh yes!! Didn't he attempt to murder Paul because of it? I found that scene hilarious when it aired.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calfro wrote: »
    Oh yes!! Didn't he attempt to murder Paul because of it? I found that scene hilarious when it aired.

He did! Tried to strangle him. It was SO funny, unintentionally :D
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Harold tried to stangle Paul that was because he blamed Paul for the deaths of his son daughter in law and granddaughter in the 2005 finale. His stroke which caused him to turn evil was a couple of years before that in 2003. He even became a sex pest and groped Izzy Hoyland!
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was going to say wasn't Adi Ferreira gay, but now I think I may be thinking of the character the actor played in Bend it Like Beckham. Clearly the Ferreiras made a massive impact on me :D

So what did Adi do while his siblings were running around not killing their dad, having wholly unrealistic kidney transplants and almost shagging a long lost sibling?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to say wasn't Adi Ferreira gay, but now I think I may be thinking of the character the actor played in Bend it Like Beckham. Clearly the Ferreiras made a massive impact on me :D

So what did Adi do while his siblings were running around not killing their dad, having wholly unrealistic kidney transplants and almost shagging a long lost sibling?

Thought blow this acting lark and set up a national chain of cut price supermarkets. The signwriters cocked up the name though.
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Felix the barber from Eastenders, everyone thought he was a weirdo at first but realized he wasn't and felt sorry when they realized he was a Holocaust survivor

He ended up whisking Blossom - Alan Jackson's mum off to Israel
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do wish Eastenders would repeat some old school episodes. Shirley and the cat was soo funny... Huw and Lenny in Eastenders Running a pirate Radio station, and annoying Ian.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr Fonseca coming out as gay in Eastenders.
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a touching storyline from Corrie was when Maud Grimes went with her fiancee Percy Sugden to France for VE day with her daughter Maureen

She insisted of visiting a grave of someone who turned out to be Maureens real father who got her pregnant before they could get married as he had to return to France and got killed there (Maureen had no idea until she revealed this)

Percy (the miserable fart) broke off the engagement as he could not deal with marrying a woman who had a child outside wedlock
  • Options
    Sam_Williams1Sam_Williams1 Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    That bird with the nightmare neighbour in Eastenders, really got into that particular SL.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Harold tried to stangle Paul that was because he blamed Paul for the deaths of his son daughter in law and granddaughter in the 2005 finale. His stroke which caused him to turn evil was a couple of years before that in 2003. He even became a sex pest and groped Izzy Hoyland!

Ah, yes, thanks for putting me right :) The strangling was more understandable - albeit still hilarious to watch, for some reason - but the sex pest thing was ridiculous. And he started eating meat, the sure sign of evil! :o
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin going out with the midwife on Corrie