Options

QuizMania, ITV, Best Quiz TV Show (merged)

ManchesterLadManchesterLad Posts: 2,446
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone eles think QuizMania on ITV is the best Quiz Tv at the moment?, better than all the other Quiz channels.

They have a couple of great hosts on QuizMania , the best has to be the former Price-Drop tv host greg scott , even if you dont phone in its still funny to watch with greg scott as the host makes you laugh that dude.

I hate all the Quiz TV channels but i have to say its diffrent with Quiz Mania. anyone agree? :eek: :D

Comments

• Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    Yup, i seen many quiz channels and their all pants. When Quizmania launched i avoided it until one night nothing was on so i thought 'lets see whats going on' and tuned in and was suprised. The crew actually make me laugh :| quite a good comedy show not a quiz show really lol.

I hope ITV keep it just for the amusment :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did u know quiz mania is changing at the end of the month

This is from quiztelly.com

A brand new and exciting audience participation show is set to replace Quizmania on ITV1 at the end of the month in a co-production between Ludus TV and etv - the operators of The Great Big British Quiz.

The format, called The Mint, will go to air on the 31st March and will broadcast live from 1am to 4am, seven nights a week. For the first four weeks, the show will be extended to start at midnight. It will run for 182 episodes.

The Mint is an interactive game show with entertainment as well as consisting of games for studio contestants as well as callers at home. The show will also feature celebrity guests as well as pre-recorded interviews.

William van Rest, Controller of ITV Play today commented: “We are delighted to launch ITV Play with The Mint. The Ludus:etv team has worked closely with us to devise a fantastic and compelling selection of quizzes and games that we are confident our viewers will love. It is the first in a long line of high quality, entertaining original ITV Play programmes.”

Presenters on the show will include many familiar faces - Alan Coxon, Beverley French, Brian Dowling, Cat Porter, Cat Shoob, Craig Stevens and Simeon Courtie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that quizmania is like a comedy show lol, greg scott and all the crew seem great and funny and get involved in the show.
    I also like how they do loads of other things for viewers at home who dont phone in , like not just the comedy but you can send in emails that they read out (they read loads) and you can send them in pics and stuff that they show.
    I was also same i first i would not watch it for awhile till i saw greg scott was on it and i know hes funny from price-drop , so watched and got into it lol ;)
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Quizmania is going now in favour of ITV Play's programming.

It'll probably continue on Sky, maybe on another ITV channel too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway if they change name from Quizmania or move it to another channel , they should still keep the hosts they have and crew cause they have a good friendy , funny, cool mix there. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it'll be on itv 2 from the end of march. Although i expect itv will drop the programme soon as they are simulcasting itv play on all of their channels throughout the night instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They might end up keeping quizmania cause it seems to be doing really well , i carnt see them dropping a cool show, will just have to wait and see lol ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its amazing :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its LOADS better than all them other rubbish ones that have there own channel , I carnt stand the others but really like quiz mania.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saying Quizmania is good because the other quiz channels are rubbish is like saying it's better to catch typhoid than yellow fever.
  • Options
    JB1601JB1601 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    Quizmania isn't going to disappear - ITV Play will at first rely on other productions to fill the schedules, one of which will be QM. However ITV1 will take The Mint from 31st March.
  • Options
    ChieChie Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night they did 'Sea _____' again! They did it a month ago and the top answer for the last one was the same top answer for this one. I was so annoyed! SEA VAMPIRE - if they ever do Sea Whatever again, remember it :mad:

I liked the Irish girl on last night shows though - "Hello? Hello? Oh my Gawd am I on the telly? What, live? Really? Oh wow look I can hear myself! Isn't that just grand! Oh wooooowww" :D She didn't win anything though bless her.
  • Options
    FootlessMichaelFootlessMichael Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the clues for Sea Bottom :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chie wrote:
    Last night they did 'Sea _____' again! They did it a month ago and the top answer for the last one was the same top answer for this one. I was so annoyed! SEA VAMPIRE - if they ever do Sea Whatever again, remember it :mad:

I liked the Irish girl on last night shows though - "Hello? Hello? Oh my Gawd am I on the telly? What, live? Really? Oh wow look I can hear myself! Isn't that just grand! Oh wooooowww" :D She didn't win anything though bless her.

Sea Vampire? How obscure is that? I had to Google to see what one was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sea Vampire? How obscure is that? I had to Google to see what one was.

It's just the same on the other chanels - these answers are so annoying. Having an obscure answer is okay every now and then - or fr maybe the top two answers, but I've seen these tower "puzzles" and 80% of the answers are obscure!

I know it's just a money-making tool, but it's one of the annoying things about these channels. Overall, I don't think Quizmania is any better (or worse) than the others - they're all as bad as each other. I agree Greg is amusing to watch though and the interaction with the crew is great. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D They have some funny quiz questions on there, I knew they would not be ending quizmania cause im sure greg scott would not have left price drop just to work a couple of months on quiz. Most the hosts are cool :D
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can someone tell me if Greg Scott played Grotbags in emu`s world? :D

you will find his website here.

http://www.gregscott.tv
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went on Greg Scotts site the other day, it was so funny, hes been in some mad stuff, dame he use to be skinny lol ;)
  • Options
    jericho_mpm2005jericho_mpm2005 Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL i sent a photo on QM 2 nights ago with the staff draw up in beards & debbieking was semi fuming,,,,,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to do something like that , send in a funny pic of the crew :D seen some good ones sent in.
    I carnt belive greg scott is only in his 30s i thought he was about 55 LOL :eek:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quizmania isn't to everyone's taste, but one thing is for sure. It's the pinnacle for how a quiz channel or quiz show should be.

And where would humanity be without Chuck, Greggles, Debbie, Flash, Jess, etc, etc on the TV screen!
  • Options
    stujonesstujones Posts: 1,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Chuck aggrivates me - he makes Jonathon Ross sound like Richard E Grant.

Plus how thick he is - he didn't know what a Pestle and Mortar was- he gave this caller funny looks when she said it as an answer for "things you will find in the kitchen" - thinking first of all she meant "Kettle and Water".

He really didn't have a clue what is was - it won the top prize. He looked a right idiot.

Greggles IS quiz mania and I think Lottie is great but hardly on it now.

Funniest Quiz mania moment was when Debbie did a fraudian slip and wanted to say a "200 pound bonus for the next caller" - but ended up combining the first three letter bonus and the last two letter of caller...

TV's naughties blunders here we come.

Oh and that smart blonde camera women also annoys me, Jess is it? Blowing kisses all the time and clearly wants to be a presenter. There is more interaction with Flash, but somehow he doesn't leave the impression that this is just a stepping stone.
  • Options
    slammer-manslammer-man Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    stujones wrote:
    That Chuck aggrivates me - he makes Jonathon Ross sound like Richard E Grant.

Plus how thick he is - he didn't know what a Pestle and Mortar was- he gave this caller funny looks when she said it as an answer for "things you will find in the kitchen" - thinking first of all she meant "Kettle and Water".

He really didn't have a clue what is was - it won the top prize. He looked a right idiot.

Greggles IS quiz mania and I think Lottie is great but hardly on it now.

Funniest Quiz mania moment was when Debbie did a fraudian slip and wanted to say a "200 pound bonus for the next caller" - but ended up combining the first three letter bonus and the last two letter of caller...

TV's naughties blunders here we come.

Oh and that smart blonde camera women also annoys me, Jess is it? Blowing kisses all the time and clearly wants to be a presenter. There is more interaction with Flash, but somehow he doesn't leave the impression that this is just a stepping stone.

Lottie is on information TV between 9pm-12am (roughly). But she better be careful that she doesn't advertise NTL Broadband Uk channel on Quizmaina :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Its Cheap Shite. But That Is Itv 1 2 3 4
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Presenters on the show will include MANY FAMILIAR FACES - Alan Coxon, Beverley French, Brian Dowling, Cat Porter, Cat Shoob, Craig Stevens and Simeon Courtie

Er, apart from Brian Dowling, who are these people? Not very familiar sounding, unless they are ITV's old soap castoffs getting new careers? :confused:

Paddy :D