Options

Highest Profile Candidates going!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This show is completely throwing me off-base this series. Was not expecting Jane or Duane to go in the last few weeks, and was certainly not expecting Katie to go tonight.

Must be a deliberate effort on the part of the production team to keep us guessing.

Comments

• Options
    ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like this approach at all! It just gives the impression that we're left with weaker candidates who generally don't do much. Especially when you have people like Azhar surviving over Katie who, despite her faults, at least took risks and put forward some ideas...

Like I mentioned in the main thread, I definitely had Jane, Duane and Katie down as potential finalists, or at least top 8 candidates!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone like Stephen ends up in the final, the editing will have a lot of work to do to make him seem competent.

At the moment, I'm liking Jade, Nick and Tom, but none of them have played a real key role in a winning task yet.
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was weird. I was thinking, I disliked everyone in the losing team except Tom, Katie, and I don't have an opinion on Jade. And then one of the only tolerable ones got fired.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marvola45 wrote: »
    If someone like Stephen ends up in the final, the editing will have a lot of work to do to make him seem competent.

At the moment, I'm liking Jade, Nick and Tom, but none of them have played a real key role in a winning task yet.

Nick and Tom Project Managed their team to victory by a large margin via consistant and competent implementation of a strategy they created themselves. I'd argue they both have more clear-cut attribution for a task win than anybody else remaining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Nick and Tom Project Managed their team to victory by a large margin via consistant and competent implementation of a strategy they created themselves. I'd argue they both have more clear-cut attribution for a task win than anybody else remaining.

Actually yes, you're right, I stand corrected. They just did it in such a low-key manner that I don't automatically think of those performances when I look at them. Most years, the 'best' candidates are highlighted repeatedly by the editing and by the other candidates, but there's been a lack of that this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie was the only one I had any liking or empathy for.
    She had huge support on You're Fired tonight, and the DS forum poll so far.

Law Shoogah seems to be getting very short-sighted in some of his opinions lately.

Hopefully, she'll now go on to better things.
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Tom and Nick are going to be in it until the end. Jenna did really well tonight and I think she and Ricky will be there as well, along with perhaps Jade.

I think some of the tasks this series were/are geared towards certain candidates.

Tonight's was plainly meant for Adam. The fitness one was for Stephen and perhaps Ricky. The condiments one I'm guessing Jane. Apparently there's something to do with imported wines later on so if Tom's still there then that will be for him.

I also reckon Stephen's been given a bit of a "Jedi Jim" edit tonight.
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Wulfster wrote: »

Law Shoogah seems to be getting very short-sighted in some of his opinions lately.

Totally agree with this, the current series is sadly reminding me of series 4 (though less nasty, but more boring).

Think that Katie was easily one of the best candidates this year (alongside Nick, Tom and Duane) and was basically fired because Lord Sugar got sick of seeing her in the boardroom again (on that basis, Gaby and Laura should soon start packing).

Yes, she made a mistake, but she owned up to it and at least she did something unlike most of the other contestants (very evil of the editing team to make it seem like Katie was not selling, in the spoiler thread we knew that Katie was in Scotland because she sold meatballs to some guys for 5 pounds).
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it seem quite clear this year that Lord Sugar has already seen the business plans and decided which ones he likes as the past few weeks everything in the board room has been stacking up against one person yet they've been saved and someone unexpected fired - Laura, Ricky and Adam should've gone over Jane, Duane and Katie according to what had been said in the boardroom in my opinion
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie thought it was realistic to sell tatty claggy pasta and a meatball made of pigs arseholes on the street for £8. She's no great loss, let's be honest.
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie thought it was realistic to sell tatty claggy pasta and a meatball made of pigs arseholes on the street for £8. She's no great loss, let's be honest.

and at a scottish football match too.It would have been a travesty if she hadn't been fired imo.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duane and Katie going consecutively is a strange coincidence, considering they were the forum favourites for a long while.

Tom is currently the strong favourite so if this unfortunate pattern continues, he's next for the chop!

:eek:
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been a very unusual year. Mulling over the early eliminations, the only one that makes much sense based on past years is Michael. I'd have expected the rest to have all made it further based on what usually happens...
  • Options
    Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wulfster wrote: »

What? Bottle blonde Fulham good time girl seeks TV job after appearing in The Apprentice. Who'd have thought it? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well, most people disagree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most people disagree with her firing over one of the few people weaker than her who's been pogo'ing up and down on an over the top one-note negative edit for over a month now. It's not really a suprise. I'm not saying she should have gone this week, because Adam is crap, and not even good tv at the same time, but she was on borrowed time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Most people disagree with her firing over one of the few people weaker than her who's been pogo'ing up and down on an over the top one-note negative edit for over a month now. It's not really a suprise.

Nick and Tom are certainly stronger than her, but can´t for the life of me think of anyone else :confused:

I'm not saying she should have gone this week, because Adam is crap, and not even good tv at the same time, but she was on borrowed time.

Well, she was on borrowed time due to her frequent visits to the boardroom (as mentioned by Lord Sugar when I fired her and he repeated it also on You´re Fired) and not because of her business skills.

It was clear from the spoilers that she wouldn´t make the ´final five´ stage, but she didn´t deserve to go out at this moment (especially against two of the weakest candidates who are still left).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, of course, she is so professional :rolleyes:

I´m a foreigner, but do you Brits mix (or rather confuse) business with pleasure :confused:

Major headline: BRITISH TART HAS BOOZE FEST :D

(you have to be foreign to understand the irony)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick and Tom are certainly stronger than her, but can´t for the life of me think of anyone else :confused:.

Ricky (slightly to my surprise) I think has turned out to be much stronger than her. He's done more positive things, and made fewer mistakes.

The issue is who is clearly weaker and I can't think of anybody who has made as many mistakes (except Adam, who makes a business of being wrong about everything, and probably Stephen (although even he contributed strongly to the boys win Week 1 by modifying the price-point of their products to increase sales)) - the location and the price point this week, pushing the over-abundance of props tat last week, inappropriately aiming for the mass-market when it was a blind alley on the condiments task (even if the factory hadn't messed up they would have lost), not overseeing production on the same task in favour of listening to Stephen spout shit all day, and advocating the wrong approach to the junk shop task.

She's made enough mistakes over the course of the six weeks that I think that it's hard to point out many clearly weaker than her, despite the good things she did, none of which actually resulted in a win for her team (except possibly last week, in one of the most derrided and dismissed "wins" in the show's history).