Galloway accused of racism after refusing to debate with Israeli

Comments

• JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    MAW wrote: »
    So, would you refuse to debate with, say, a North Korean? Or an American? simply on grounds of their nationality?
    I wouldn't .

But he would.
  • SpamJavelinSpamJavelin Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, would you refuse to debate with, say, a North Korean? Or an American? simply on grounds of their nationality?
    But wait, wouldn't that make somebody a racist tosser?
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member

I reckon it probably would, yes. The man is an insult to cats. My cats don't have a racist bone in their bodies, they will purr and cuddle with all nationalities of cat lover.
    Forum Member
    He doesn't recognise Israel as a state so why would he debate with an Israeli?
    Forum Member
    JB3 wrote: »
    He doesn't recognise Israel as a state so why would he debate with an Israeli?

He's a bit hard of understanding about facts, really.
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    I reckon it probably would, yes. The man is an insult to cats. My cats don't have a racist bone in their bodies, they will purr and cuddle with all nationalities of cat lover.

Tell that to the mice:mad::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    Of course Israel doesnt compare to SA. The atrocities committed by Israel far out weigh what happened in SA. There are plenty of issues in and around the region. Jerusalem is just one. Occupied territories being another one, "the wall" being another, the 1000+ UN mandates that Israel chooses to ignore, the humanitarian atrocities committed by Israel against the Palestinians another.

If all he does is manipulate people to massage his ego, I guess thats better than what Israel has done to the Palestinians. Come on, even you can see that? Or do you agree with what israel does?

It is impossible to analyse the SA/Israel issues on the same basis. One was a purely racial issue stemming from the European powers desires to defeat the others while also claiming to spread morality and light into the less civilised worlds. In this way, it was one-sided bullying, by modern standards. The Israel (essentially Jerusalem) issue is far more complex and is a religious issue over the rights and will of the Lord Himself. On this basis, terms like 'illegal' do not exist since it is accepted by both parties that the Lord, not an ephemeral, temporal organisation like the UN, will decide what constitutes legality. Both sides in this conflict broadly accept this so the intervention of a cat-imitating charlatan and his ilk is a meaningless distraction.

I am separating the two points here - the Jerusalem issue and the other since concessions would be possible in the latter aspect but never in the former. From a historical perspective, this 'liberation' of Jerusalem is something that was dreamt of by poets, politicians, and artists alike during many long, dark centuries. The issue over Gaza is of no spiritual value and is just part of this wider game that has detracted from the main issue; neither side gains from the current state of affairs in that region.

I also will add here that events in just the last two days (Birmingham loons, Spurs attack in Lyon) highlight the issue of antisemitism rising in Europe which will only strengthen the resolve of many fighting that particular corner.

Backing Galloway is the only indefensible thing in this argument, no matter what 'side' one is on
    Forum Member
    He's a bit hard of understanding about facts, really.
    And you think that's all it is?

A bit of a slagging on a mediocre internet forum and that's everything sorted?

Another notch on your 'comedy retort' post and all is well.

Good for you.
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member

Well no because Israeli's are not a race. GG would (and has) debated the issue of Israel with Jews (who aren't Israelis).

JB3 has already explained it well
    He regards Israel as a pariah state, which is illegally occupying land that they shouldn't be occupying, and not only do they refuse to withdraw from it, they go on to occupy even more, add to that the control they have over every aspect of life in the Gaza strip and I can see why he wouldn't want to recognise Israel as having any legitimate point of view and debating with an Israeli would suggest recognition.

So it is a boycott on political grounds. You may not like him (and that would be fair enough) but this is not a racist position to take.
    Forum Member

Good for you.

Not really. He's well and truly on my 'never would be missed' list. But there's bugger all I can do about it. I'm pretty sure I'd lose my firearms certificate if I achieved my ambitions.
    Forum Member
    No really , well done!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member

Good for you.

Mediocre ? DS is the biz
  • Softie-CynicSoftie-Cynic Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Once, I used to sort of admire Galloway, he had more intelligence than the average politician and very good public speaking skills. On radio shows he was an interesting listen (only if capped at 10 minutes or so as he repeats himself a lot).
    Now he's just a sad, bitter, brainwashed monkey dancing the tune of radicalised muslims.
    I really pity him and what he's been reduced to, all for the sake of keeping his name in the public attention.
    Forum Member
    Mediocre ? DS is the biz
    Oh, yeah....
    Forum Member
    Galloway is a treasonous, self serving bellend of the highest order. Shame he was born here, or we might stand a chance of deporting the bastard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is living proof never to go against the main political parties.
    Forum Member
    Galloway is a treasonous, self serving bellend of the highest order. Shame he was born here, or we might stand a chance of deporting the bastard.
    When Scotland detach themselves , we can deport back to them.
    Forum Member

Others have 'gone against' mainstream parties and emerged with their honour intact. Galloway is special, in that respect, forgive the pun. His 'party' doesn't represent mainstream Islam even, it's just for the nutters.
    When Scotland detach themselves , we can deport back to them.

No thanks. I'm not a Scot, but I love Scotland, and wouldn't wish such a man on them, unless it's to reclaim sovereignty on an uninhabited island. That might be perfect.
  • MordirithMordirith Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Galloway is THE terrorist sympathizer, appeaser and apologist extraordinaire.
    Forum Member
    Others have 'gone against' mainstream parties and emerged with their honour intact. Galloway is special, in that respect, forgive the pun. His 'party' doesn't represent mainstream Islam even, it's just for the nutters.

No thanks. I'm not a Scot, but I love Scotland, and wouldn't wish such a man on them, unless it's to reclaim sovereignty on an uninhabited island. That might be perfect.
    But it's his homeland..
    Forum Member
    Mordirith wrote: »
    Galloway is THE terrorist sympathizer, appeaser and apologist extraordinaire.
    Yes, yes.

*pats mordirith's head*
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How so? He's still an MP. He still gets quoted. He still gets to ask questions and gets publicity for his causes. Plenty of other Labour MPs and most of the Lib Dems were also against the Iraq war.

What stood him apart and caused him to be booted out of Labour was not him going "against the main political parties" but he, in their words, was inciting foreign forces to rise up against British troops. He'd still probably be a member of the Labour party if not for that.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done George ..just right to .Israelis have never apologised or even considered what murder and genocide they did to the Palastine and the surrounding areas. They are no better that the Hilter inspired Nazis .

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4806374/George-Galloway-accused-of-racism-after-refusing-to-debate-with-Israeli.html

Galloway is getting better and better at exposing these vile governments.

The guy is just a sad, attention seeking t*at.

I don't like Israeli policies either, but I wouldn't refuse to debate with one individual from that country. That's taking out your wider beliefs on a single person, which is plain nasty.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    “To refuse to talk to someone just because of their nationality is pure racism, and totally unacceptable for a member of parliament.”
    It's xenophobic, not racist.
    Forum Member
    But it's his homeland..

I doubt he's got many sympathisers there. Syria or Palestine is more his cup of tea.
    It's xenophobic, not racist.

True, but still a bastard.