Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    oh GG great granny :D
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    She was standing holding her handbag in front of her' to hide the bump' when talking to Jason's dad.

But when she was sat at the table at Eileen's opposite Jason we had a clear view of her bump as the camera showed her from her sitting position all the way from her feet up. It was when Todd was talking to them so she was slightly turned sideways facing him.

It seems they forget to hide her bump every now and then.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    That scar barely exists now.

Sinead will be doing double somersaults and cartwheels before too long!

Also FMs posted that the cafe wall shook/wobbled when Todd leaned on it. Anyone remember ACORN ANTIQUES!
    Memories of Crossroads with the wobbly sets. :cool:
  • Options
    Pearl McGPearl McG Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    why is Sinead still lying down flat ? Don't they raise the bed up ? she will have a bad back now lying like that for weeks
    Also, why does she never move her arms???
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    What about blood clots? She'd just had surgery and has been laying still in bed since.

She's lying on her back which is where the surgery was. Surely this is very unlikely. Even if she's supposed to be immobile, there must be ways of allowing her to be more upright, by having the bed surface at an angle. They bring food and drink, things to watch and read, but in her position she couldn't do any of those things.

Those eyelashes have impressed me so much, that I am currently composing a poem dedicated to Sinead's mascara. I'll let you all know when I'm done.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    I left school 6 years ago. :p
    I left school in 1997, less than 20 years ago - but I was retiring from teaching in a comprehensive!:)

The school finished at 3.30pm, but where I retired to they chuck out at 3pm and get in the way of us pensioners on the bus.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    But when she was sat at the table at Eileen's opposite Jason we had a clear view of her bump as the camera showed her from her sitting position all the way from her feet up. It was when Todd was talking to them so she was slightly turned sideways facing him.

I hope it's getting to the point where we're all aware that the actress is pregnant but the character isn't, so there's no need to hide it. IMO it would be nice if they just let the character disappear for maternity leave instead of coming up with a stupid storyline like the current one with Kylie because we all know that's why she isn't around.

We're all adults and know all about women being pregnant, what causes it and what the outcome is. It isn't as if we live in prudish times and pregnancy has to be hidden.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's lying on her back which is where the surgery was. Surely this is very unlikely. Even if she's supposed to be immobile, there must be ways of allowing her to be more upright, by having the bed surface at an angle. They bring food and drink, things to watch and read, but in her position she couldn't do any of those things.

Those eyelashes have impressed me so much, that I am currently composing a poem dedicated to Sinead's mascara. I'll let you all know when I'm done.

I'm wondering whether they took the lazy option and filmed all of these scenes at the same time.

Her bruises aren't yellowing either.

Also, re Norris's hilarious pub scenes with MadSoph, Why would you ring the talking clock from a phone that has a clock?
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't see for myself but heard Emmerdale managed it with one of their actresses. Corrie don't care and/or have crap production values.
    Memories of Crossroads with the wobbly sets. :cool:

Speaking of production values....... Acorn Antiques was a parody of Crossroads and its amateur production values.

I saw on a prog about Corrie that showed the walls of the interior sets are moveable. That's no excuse though in this day and age. Corrie seem to be going backwards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »

I'm wondering whether they took the lazy option and filmed all of these scenes at the same time.

Her bruises aren't yellowing either.

Also, re Norris's hilarious pub scenes with MadSoph, Why would you ring the talking clock from a phone that has a clock?

Productions film scenes out of order so that all scenes in the same place are filmed at the same time. It isn't lazy if they bother with continuity and quality. I think we know what happened here!

Lots of the crash victims all seem to have acquired bruising and/or cuts on their temple/forehead. No chins, cheeks or noses got biffed then?! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    I hope it's getting to the point where we're all aware that the actress is pregnant but the character isn't, so there's no need to hide it. IMO it would be nice if they just let the character disappear for maternity leave instead of coming up with a stupid storyline like the current one with Kylie because we all know that's why she isn't around.

We're all adults and know all about women being pregnant, what causes it and what the outcome is. It isn't as if we live in prudish times and pregnancy has to be hidden.

I don't think anyone cares about a pregnant woman being on TV. This is a fictional character who isn't meant to be pregnant. There must have been a time when Corrie actually bothered!
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also FMs posted that the cafe wall shook/wobbled when Todd leaned on it. Anyone remember ACORN ANTIQUES!

Used to love that!

And to be honest, Corrie is almost on a par with it at the moment :D
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Productions film scenes out of order so that all scenes in the same place are filmed at the same time. It isn't lazy if they bother with continuity and quality. I think we know what happened here!

Lots of the crash victims all seem to have acquired bruising and/or cuts on their temple/forehead. No chins, cheeks or noses got biffed then?! :D

Sorry, I should have said "taken the lazy option while filming these scenes."

I'm disappointed that there weren't more visible injuries - if only to see whether they moved around like Todd's scar!
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member

Plus surely the doctors/nurses would need to check her surgical wound to clean it, check for infections/healing progress? How is she supposed to eat/drink flat on her back too, wouldn't she be likely to choke?

Looking forward to seeing the poem. :D I'm sure it'll be a work of Shakespeare! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pearl McG wrote: »
    Also, why does she never move her arms???

I thought that. It was almost like she was strapped down in that bed :o
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Plus surely the doctors/nurses would need to check her surgical wound to clean it, check for infections/healing progress? How is she supposed to eat/drink flat on her back too, wouldn't she be likely to choke?

Looking forward to seeing the poem. :D I'm sure it'll be a work of Shakespeare! ;)

When I was in hospital after a brain tumour removal, I had to lay flat as I had tubes coming out of every vein. I drank liquids from a cup with a straw.
    Tea tastes disgusting through a straw.

I was too ill to eat so can't comment on that.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was waiting for the psychiatrist to see Sinead and say "Hello Scooter" , and she in turn would say "Hello Mr Budgen - I thought you were dead!" :D

Scout but close enough! Ha ha, I hadn't noticed the connection between the two actors!
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Scout but close enough! Ha ha, I hadn't noticed the connection between the two actors!

Oh yes! Thanks for the correction.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    oh GG great granny :D

I'd only just figured out what GG meant on Friday too. :blush::D
    When I was in hospital after a brain tumour removal, I had to lay flat as I had tubes coming out of every vein. I drank liquids from a cup with a straw.
    Tea tastes disgusting through a straw.

I was too ill to eat so can't comment on that.

Ah, that sounds horrible. :( I hope you're all recovered from your brain tumour now.

The liquids through a straw makes sense for someone in that situation but as Craig brought Sinead a hamper full of different foods, we're to assume she can eat solids somehow?
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Janet43 wrote: »

I agree about the implausible & contrived 'exit' storylines for maternity leave!! In the case of all the latest three it isn't like any were in the middle of a major storyline!! Fiz, Kylie & Eva are all characters who could just be mentioned but not seen for 6 months or so given that, as you say, we all know why they're away!! It's a big enough cast to bring in some of the barely used characters instead!!
    I accept it was a different story for the likes of Carla & Maria who were both in the middle of a massive storyline at the time they fell pregnant, then you have to come up with something of an exit story!!
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Sinead has the obligatory oxygen thingy in her nose!
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »

I wonder if it is the same one that they all have up their nose?

I hope they clean it between patients! :o
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »
    I agree. Last nights two episodes were dire. How on earth do the writers come up with a storyline like the "hilarious" joke Sawfie and Maddeh played on Norris with his phone? Why do they insist on these two acting like nine year olds >:(
    This "joke" has been plagiarised from a comedy I saw on TV once. Sorry but I cannot recall which one but I do know that the speaking clock was rung up to make a big phone bill, and it was the Australian speaking clock too!

I thought I'd watched both episodes of CS fully on Friday but clearly I must have drifted off into a dozy stupor at the poor quality and filler being served up because someone here mentioned that Todd got barechested and I simply don't recall even noticing that!

Also, was the man that Steve went to talk about his depression a psychiatrist, a psychologist or just a counsellor? Plus did he pay for a private appointment or was it meant to be on the NHS, in which case it was a major suspension of reality as the waiting list would likely have been until the summer, and certainly 2 or 3 months at least.

You can tell from that last paragraph that I was struggling to pay attention, as most of it was not holding my attention, which is an ever increasing problem with CS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »

I'm sure she didnt have it on in the first ep on Friday but suddenly it appeared in the 2nd!
  • Options
    Susan_TowersSusan_Towers Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    This "joke" has been plagiarised from a comedy I saw on TV once. Sorry but I cannot recall which one but I do know that the speaking clock was rung up to make a big phone bill, and it was the Australian speaking clock too!

I thought I'd watched both episodes of CS fully on Friday but clearly I must have drifted off into a dozy stupor at the poor quality and filler being served up because someone here mentioned that Todd got barechested and I simply don't recall even noticing that!

Also, was the man that Steve went to talk about his depression a psychiatrist, a psychologist or just a counsellor? Plus did he pay for a private appointment or was it meant to be on the NHS, in which case it was a major suspension of reality as the waiting list would likely have been until the summer, and certainly 2 or 3 months at least.

You can tell from that last paragraph that I was struggling to pay attention, as most of it was not holding my attention, which is an ever increasing problem with CS.

BIB Wasn't that in 'only fools and horses', a trick played on, or by Del boy?
This discussion has been closed.