Why Do I Like Heidi?

SunnySunshineSunnySunshine Posts: 5,399
Forum Member
Shes's foul mouthed, kind of mean, useless in tasks and has spent most of this CBB semi passed out in the zombie "zone". Plus I don't really approve of her former career.

Despite all this, I still don't want her to be kicked out tonight.

I think she's really fascinating mix of hard as nails and vulnerability, and it interests me that people like Steph like her. Didn't she say that Heidi was "The most fun of any of them" or something similar?

I'm not sure why! :confused::D

Comments

• calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    something tells me you might be on your own sunny:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I completely agree with you. I am desperate for Heidi to stay, although I can't really explain it.
    Sov has spectacularly self-destructed also. :o
  • SunnySunshineSunnySunshine Posts: 5,399
    Forum Member
    Yeah - I like Sov too, but the way she has been shown has done her in.
    Forum Member
    calamity wrote: »
    something tells me you might be on your own sunny:)

I'm hoping there's a few of us (very few possibly!) :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Also I think people mistake Heidi's humour for her just being plain bitchy.
    I think she's quite dry - when she says "stupid b&tches", I don't think its any different from someone calling someone else an idiot.
    If you don't understand her humour, it just sounds weirdly harsh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Heidi too , her bluntness makes me laugh, she says what she thinks and she is what she is. I hope to see more of her, and maybe see a bit more of her venreable side.
    Forum Member
    She certainly doesn't seem to be putting on any kind of false front does she?

The "stupid b!tches" stuff makes me go like this: :eek:
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I don't know what to make of Heidi, half of the time I feel sorry for her and wonder how she can appear on tv in her ragged state of dress. I am not sure I understand her humour, when she was on about Jordan I felt quite sorry and embarrassed for Alex.I think she is having a bit of an easy time on CBB as the HM's seem sorry for her... I'm not sure how I feel about her. I think if Sov stay tonight she will cause more havoc than Heidi would.
    Forum Member
    I would love to see Heidi all astonished at not being evicted by the British public.

I think part of what I like about her is that she's not one of the "Try hards" there to further their ambitions or raise their profile.

Having said that, I've no clue what she's doing in there or how the heck she ended up in the CBB house in the first place!

She wouldn't be one of the first people you'd think of to put on your wish list would she? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member

I will join your few Sunny :D
    Forum Member
    I will join your few Sunny :D

Yay! You watch - we may even make it into double digits! :D

Do you know why you like Heidi? Or is it all a bit unfathomable like with me? :D
  • Robert RomarinRobert Romarin Posts: 11,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think most people like to think of themselves as having a very stable, well-defined and common-sense set of values. It's comforting...it's 'right'. Unfortunately it rarely holds in practice. In fact, when tested most people have a very flexible 'morality' in my experience.

There's plenty of evidence of this from the types of character that people like or dislike in scripted dramas on film and TV....and it extends to the unscripted soap such as BB. I believe this stems in part from the fact that most of us are brainwashed with a 'morality' which, whilst undoubtedly not without some value, is also full of inconsistencies and hypocrisy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I really want Heidi to stay, although she is not doing very much i still think she is the better character, I found this link on you tube to a show she did about building her brothel in nevada, you get a real insight into her life and how crazy she is with her birds, look how beautiful she was before all the surgery........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnot9k0-L9E&feature=related
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

::peach to their own sunny
    Forum Member
    Watching that made me realise another thing I like about her: She has a great voice doesn't she?
    Forum Member
    calamity wrote: »
    ::peach to their own sunny

Indeed my lovely! :D
    Forum Member
    I think most people like to think of themselves as having a very stable, well-defined and common-sense set of values. It's comforting...it's 'right'. Unfortunately it rarely holds in practice. In fact, when tested most people have a very flexible 'morality' in my experience.

There's plenty of evidence of this from the types of character that people like or dislike in scripted dramas on film and TV....and it extends to the unscripted soap such as BB. I believe this stems in part from the fact that most of us are brainwashed with a 'morality' which, whilst undoubtedly not without some value, is also full of inconsistencies and hypocrisy.

That's v. interesting cos I pride myself in seeing all the shades of grey and feel - if I'm honest - a bit superior to people who see the world in stark black and white terms.

And Heidi is definitely a grey area!
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her - mainly because she cant stand Sov and Kat. But I like the little anecodtes she comes out with.The one last night about the prison dildo trade getting her into trouble.

Sov is a brat and Kat waits for the world to land on her lap without making any effort. So far it has as she is young and pretty but she wont be like it for ever.
  • InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having said that, I've no clue what she's doing in there or how the heck she ended up in the CBB house in the first place!

According to reports, she's in there to get the money to help her daughter through drug rehab. (Or is that Stephanie? If so, maybe it's for the money for more birdseed.)

I too want Heidi to stay. Last night's show just highlighted for me how much greater value she is in the house than the other eviction candidates:

Heidi: direct and fearless in questioning Alex, tales of prison life that add a whole new dimension to denture cream and gives invaluable advice about being careful where one walks in the shower.

Kat: giggles and any understandable words are inane.

Sov: the petulant teen routine can have entertaining consequences but gets old and at heart she has nothing to say or contribute.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    She's vile. Quick to criticize other peoples claim to fame, yet her's is for being a pimp for celebrities?
  • InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    b00n3d wrote: »
    She's vile. Quick to criticize other peoples claim to fame, yet her's is for being a pimp for celebrities?

You may be too young to recall, but she was huge news in the late nineties, more so in America but also here. The media was salivating with the hope that she'd reveal her client list.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Heidi, so so funny, her quick wit is amazing, she just comes out with the greatest one liners!!!! i hope she stays tonight XD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to reports, she's in there to get the money to help her daughter through drug rehab. (Or is that Stephanie? If so, maybe it's for the money for more birdseed.)

I too want Heidi to stay. Last night's show just highlighted for me how much greater value she is in the house than the other eviction candidates:

Heidi: direct and fearless in questioning Alex, tales of prison life that add a whole new dimension to denture cream and gives invaluable advice about being careful where one walks in the shower.

Kat: giggles and any understandable words are inane.

Sov: the petulant teen routine can have entertaining consequences but gets old and at heart she has nothing to say or contribute.

Totally agree. Unfortunately I think Sov will stay in - she will appeal to more of the majority of CBB viewers, however as for value, Heidi is a far better person to have in the house, she's crude, direct, and a great housemate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of those up for eviction, Heidi is the most watchable HM, the others are a complete waste of O2.

I love the way she occasionally rises from her stupor, says something amusing for all the wrong reasons or simply inappropriate and then vanishes back into obscurity. I find her very watchable and highlights work for her as i doubt she does anything else other than what we see in the HL show anyway :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If none of you have seen the Nick Broomfield documentary he did way back I think in 94...ya need to. Gives you more of an insight into her psyche.