Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock

Comments

• ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
  • dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    They supported LoG on their US tour last autumn. I guess if they'd blown them off stage, they wouldn't be asked back. I wonder if LoG are one of those bands who make damn sure their support can't threaten them. (limited decibels etc)

Anyway, I checked out Sylosis. I like them. Thanks for the recommendation :)

SYLOSIS - After Lifeless Years

That actually wouldn't surprise me. Lamb of God are clearly a good band, but live they're quite boring and almost mechanical, in my opinion.

Does anyone here listen to A Day To Remember? Normally I would really dislike a band like this. Every song is like three or four different genres chucked into one, with a breakdown thrown in for good measure...

...but I can't help but like them.
    Forum Member
    That actually wouldn't surprise me. Lamb of God are clearly a good band, but live they're quite boring and almost mechanical, in my opinion.

Does anyone here listen to A Day To Remember? Normally I would really dislike a band like this. Every song is like three or four different genres chucked into one, with a breakdown thrown in for good measure...

Well, I don't like LoG but even huge bands like Metallica & Maiden restrict their support acts.

I know what you mean about ADTR's name. I'd immediately assume 'core' & leave well alone.
    Forum Member
    I really like this. Italian Pagan Melodeath

Demoterion - Prometheus
  • mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    mackara wrote: »

I like it. I liked the last one you posted too (or was it the same track?) :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    anyone else a fan of Five Finger Death Punch?

Walk Away - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqpnCwP8mBE

No One Gets Left Behind - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZrkpxH6POE

Listened to both of these and loved both of them plus a few others thanks for the links
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carene2013 wrote: »
    Listened to both of these and loved both of them plus a few others thanks for the links

I heard the new one with Rob Halford on the free metal hammer cd, so i got the new album and some old ones on spotify. I got bored after half the new album, tried a few older songs and they cavorted me too.
  • JonahTakaluaJonahTakalua Posts: 2,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do! I have only recently just got into them as well. They seem to have passed me by previously and now I'm regretting that as I really need to see them!

Didn't realise I was often dancing around drunk to 'All I Want' in rock clubs without realising it was them!
    Forum Member
    Bloodstock is being live streamed. You can watch it on this link NOW!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12kc97_live-steam-bloodstock-festival-2013_music

Stage times, so you know who you're watching
    http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=57221
    Forum Member
    As someone who 'doesn't like Thrash', I'm actually enjoying Death Angel. Their front man is very watchable.

Have to say, I'm impressed at the size of the crowds these early bands are pulling.

And I'll be one of them tomorrow. Eek!
    Forum Member
    I heard the new one with Rob Halford on the free metal hammer cd, so i got the new album and some old ones on spotify. I got bored after half the new album, tried a few older songs and they cavorted me too.

I thought they were proper heavy metal you know like screaming in the chorus etc but was surprised when i listened to them will definetly be listening to them now
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carene2013 wrote: »
    I thought they were proper heavy metal you know like screaming in the chorus etc but was surprised when i listened to them will definetly be listening to them now

Yeah me too, I thought they were screamy which I don't particularly like unless it's in context rather than for the sake of it, but apart from lift me up 5fdp didn't do it for me. Maybe I should give it another go, I might not have been in the right frame of mind :)
    Forum Member
    Yeah me too, I thought they were screamy which I don't particularly like unless it's in context rather than for the sake of it, but apart from lift me up 5fdp didn't do it for me. Maybe I should give it another go, I might not have been in the right frame of mind :)

They don't do it for me either. I don't like that knuckle dragging, pugilistic front man style. (see also Phil Anselmo)
    Forum Member
    The ones that i liked best was far from home,remember everything and walk away try them
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't do it for me either. I don't like that knuckle dragging, pugilistic front man style. (see also Phil Anselmo)

But pantera were awesome on record, cant listen to him talk mind you

I was watching bloodstock at work today, no bands I liked but it annoyed the **** out of my colleagues :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thee last album was pretty bobbins tbh, I like the first two albums
    Forum Member
    But pantera were awesome on record, cant listen to him talk mind you

I was watching bloodstock at work today, no bands I liked but it annoyed the **** out of my colleagues :D

You mis-spelled awful :)

I was pleasantly surprised by a few acts today tbh.

Currently enjoying Accept with their balls to the wall :D

Wolf <3 *sigh*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mis-spelled awful :)

I was pleasantly surprised by a few acts today tbh.

Currently enjoying Accept with their balls to the wall :D

Wolf <3 *sigh*

I will await slayer tomorrow night, but with do jeff or dave it wont feel the same
    Forum Member
    I will await slayer tomorrow night, but with do jeff or dave it wont feel the same

Well there's nothing anyone can do about Jeff :(

Not going to give Sabaton a whirl? :D

Oooooh....Fast As A Shark \:D/
    Forum Member
    Aww....they've finished :(

Next up, King Diamond at 9;15pm.

I wish they'd switch to the Sophie stage in the breaks. Having said that, it's only Scar Symmetry
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww....they've finished :(

my point still stands from a while ago even more now, if they can stream bloodstock how come they cant stream download?
    Forum Member
    my point still stands from a while ago even more now, if they can stream bloodstock how come they cant stream download?

Because Download's a bloated corporate monster
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Download's a bloated corporate monster

:D well that reason I can appreciate
    Forum Member
    Did you watch Municipal Waste? Apparently there was a huge crowd surge & 673 crowd members went over the barrier.

I was in Tesco at the time :rolleyes: