Ch 4 Junk Food Kids: Who's to Blame?

riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone watching? I cannot believe the little girl Tallulah couldn't get a uniform to fit her in Tesco! And the mother just seems completely ignorant of the fact that she is primarily to blame for the child's size!

Comments

• FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    Watching
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    See these type of programs don't need an announcer or narrator to say "parents are to blame". Just showing us the footage is damning and powerful enough.

How a man even sleeps with a woman like that to create those kids I have no idea. But you can educate kids in school as much as you want, but at the end of the day they will come home to that big walrus there and they have no hope anyway.
  • rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't look like the guy looking over his own teeth , too busy pulling out teeth.
  • horsepillshorsepills Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching? I cannot believe the little girl Tallulah couldn't get a uniform to fit her in Tesco! And the mother just seems completely ignorant of the fact that she is primarily to blame for the child's size!

The stupidity of parents is getting worse.
    She has a 4 year old girl with severe tooth decay and in pain, and her response is "why would she want to clean her teeth when she could be watching peppa pig?"!!!
    Her mother clearly doesn't have the mental capacity to be a proper parent.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching...

Tallulah hasn't got a hope in hell of sorting out her weight problem with that daft mother...It's her thyroid...:(
    Forum Member
    It isn't even a class thing. I'm from a council estate in Belfast, but my mum and dad made us brush our teeth twice a day nor did they shop for sugar laden ready meals in iceland either.
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe she's talking like that in front of her daughter. Lots of things aren't fun but we still have to do them, why doesn't she try making it fun by buying her funky toothbrushes that light up or ones that play music and get her to use a stop watch to count the time etc kids love that sort of thing.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    horsepills wrote: »
    The stupidity of parents is getting worse.
    She has a 4 year old girl with severe tooth decay and in pain, and her response is "why would she want to clean her teeth when she could be watching peppa pig?"!!!
    Her mother clearly doesn't have the mental capacity to be a proper parent.

Sadly I have to agree, it's frightening. :(
    Forum Member
    See it definitely isnt a class thing. Here is a family who clearly are middle class, well educated, piano in the house.
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    I can't believe she's talking like that in front of her daughter. Lots of things aren't fun but we still have to do them, why doesn't she try making it fun by buying her funky toothbrushes that light up or ones that play music and get her to use a stop watch to count the time etc kids love that sort of thing.

She just can't be bothered.
    Forum Member
    19st @ 13 goodness
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad watching that boy's teeth being removed :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love when they show a parent looking all puzzled and claiming they don't know why their kid is so large and then the camera pans to footage of the reason why.
    Forum Member
    Disgusting. Eating in the supermarket. Has she paid for that??
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's half term. . Go take a look at your nearest McDonald's.. Full of kids.. and look who's taken them there.
    Forum Member
    Food to eat around the grocery store that they haven't even purchased yet! Bring something from home I'm sure they have snacks
    Forum Member
    She looks like she is taking the piss her with a smile on her face like when she said 90% or earlier when she said about thyroid problems. Probably loving this 15 minutes of fame.
  • rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Least she was eating sushi!! Lol
  • Jules_BaxterJules_Baxter Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was at school in the 80's and 90's, you had a choice between staying for school dinner, pack up or you went home for dinner - kids were banned from going to any shops etc at lunch time and teachers made sure there were no kids there.

Subsequent generations get given "dinner money" from parents and go to the chippy or fried chicken shops at lunch time! Then go home and have a cooked meal at night! It's not rocket science that take aways should be a rare treat and that they are calorific and fattening.

And what is with that mother letting that slobby teenager be ignorant to the consultant! kids need slaps, that's why there are so many problems with kids nowadays that we never had when my generation was growing up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder will watching their parenting on tv along with the professionals comments be a wake up call for any of them.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    My god, why is she letting them eat the food around the shop?? I wonder if she will pay for it or just forget about it? poor kids, they are being taught its ok to just take anything from a shop and not pay for it.
  • horsepillshorsepills Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's clear that Tallulah's Mum actually knows what the issue is....there's something of a troll about her - she keeps smirking. Sad really, as she obviously doesn't give two hoots about her daughter being in pain.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure they could survive the supermarket trip without the snacking all the way round!!
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    I wonder will watching their parenting on tv along with the professionals comments be a wake up call for any of them.

I doubt it but here's to being hopeful
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I'm sure they could survive the supermarket trip without the snacking all the way round!!

Then forcing kinder eggs into the gobs as soon as they get out.