Options

Jihadi John the beheader has been named as Mohammed Emwazi

Comments

• Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CNN saying he went to Tanzania as a graduation trip gift from his parents when he got there he was sent back to UK & he was questioned by British intelligence as trying to join Al Qaeda, he was twice offered a role with British Security services.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect he will die fighting and become a martyr.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder who'll be the first 'hero' to attack someone with a similar name.
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    take him alive, imprison him and lose the key.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ssdd wrote: »
    If his family are British, where are you wanting them to be deported to?

He was born in Kuwait, so they can have them.
  • Options
    Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Wonder who'll be the first 'hero' to attack someone with a similar name.

It's a rare name. I think only his family have it in the UK.

http://www.locatemyname.com/uk/Emwazi
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not interested in wrongly identifying him. Only an officially confirmed picture.

And what would you do with this picture?
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Why can't the parents of these dudes think of a more original name? It's always Mohammed.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Why can't the parents of these dudes think of a more original name? It's always Mohammed.

He's probably got another name. Its like all those Mexicans onebof whose first names is Jesus or Maria in honour of their particular prophet.
  • Options
    David_Flanagan1David_Flanagan1 Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »

Hmm. I think i would.. look at the picture... with my eyes. What do you do with pictures?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. I think i would.. look at the picture... with my eyes. What do you do with pictures?

Add amusing captions and post them on the internet?
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,794
    Forum Member
    Terry N wrote: »
    Anyone on here know him? :confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31637090

On a google search three people were listed in London with that name in W10 and W9 - Ladbroke Grove and Maida Vale areas.
    Think this is a very dangerous thing to be spreading around, could lead to vigilante attacks against innocents,
  • Options
    Ted CTed C Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a rare name. I think only his family have it in the UK.

http://www.locatemyname.com/uk/Emwazi

Talking of names, do you realise you are actually helping to add notoriety and infamy to this persons cause by using the title 'Jihadi John the beheader'?

No doubt you will claim innocence by saying you are only repeating it from other sources - but by that very repetition you are actually contributing to this persons cause.

Given that you and others started multiple threads on this issue mere minutes after it was announced, it begs the question whose side you are actually on.
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    Lance corporal Joshua Leakey has been awarded the Victoria Cross - the highest British military honour.

Joshua Leakey

I wonder how the sneering 'Jihadi John' would act in similar circumstances?
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Talking of names, do you realise you are actually helping to add notoriety and infamy to this persons cause by using the title 'Jihadi John the beheader'?

No doubt you will claim innocence by saying you are only repeating it from other sources - but by that very repetition you are actually contributing to this persons cause.

Given that you and others started multiple threads on this issue mere minutes after it was announced, it begs the question whose side you are actually on.

Are you remonstrating in equal measure with the various media outlets and asking whose side they are actually on?
  • Options
    David_Flanagan1David_Flanagan1 Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Add amusing captions and post them on the internet?

soundslike fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I was the first to start a thread. The title was worded to get attention to the thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Think this is a very dangerous thing to be spreading around, could lead to vigilante attacks against innocents,

That's the area where he lived. You can see in the post I asked if anyone knew him.
    The Mail have a pic of his old house in that area. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2970161/ISIS-executioner-Jihadi-John-identified-London-man-Mohammed-Emwazi.html
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bri160356 wrote: »
    Lance corporal Joshua Leakey has been awarded the Victoria Cross - the highest British military honour.

Joshua Leakey

I wonder how the sneering 'Jihadi John' would act in similar circumstances?

Interesting that some people are as sneering about him as they are about Jihadi John.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone found a picture of him without his Burka on?

They all look alike.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was the first to start a thread.

Yes, you mentioned that. We know you were the first to start a thread. Well done!
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, you mentioned that. We know you were the first to start a thread. Well done!

Who started this thread?

Do we have a name and a picture?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone on here know him? :confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31637090

On a google search three people were listed in London with that name in W10 and W9 - Ladbroke Grove and Maida Vale areas.

:confused:
  • Options
    Incognito777Incognito777 Posts: 2,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Other than looking at it, im not sure what I else I could do with a picture....
    Im curious to see if its the same person as that rapper pictured on an earlier date.
    Not that I need to justify it to you anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks. I'm always first with the important threads on here. You could say I'm a thread-starter extraordinaire.