Doc Martin (Part 7 — Spoilers)

Comments

• TantraceciliaTantracecilia Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KiwiKid wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    Things OK here, but I am having "emotional" issues i.e. freaking out at aftershocks

The fanfictions are great therapy though:D

Unable to get on internet as much as before though:cry:

well KK, keep in mind that no aftershock it's going to be worst than the actual earthquake....be calm and try not to worry much...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks again for the welcome and to all of you that have commented on my vids. here is number 3. It is still processing on Youtube as we speak so it's quality should improve. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKNW7UggOkY

Now I must go and read some of your wonderful fanfic. :D

Great vid. :):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to all of you for the great comments on the vids. I watched series 1 to 4 a couple of weeks ago, watched them right through in the space of a few evenings, I was hooked.

I've just started watching it all again, I'll take my time now.

I know you've probably discussed all this many times before, but perhaps you'll humour a "newbie" :D I was just wondering if you all have a favourite episode? I guess for most the favourite scene is the last one in the series 4 finale :p

I'm desperate now for series 5 and am even considering ways that I could convince hubby to take a trip to Port Isaac just around the time they'd be filming... am I getting obsessed, yes, I think so :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to all of you for the great comments on the vids. I watched series 1 to 4 a couple of weeks ago, watched them right through in the space of a few evenings, I was hooked.

I know you've probably discussed all this many times before, but perhaps you'll humour a "newbie" :D I was just wondering if you all have a favourite episode? I guess for most the favourite scene is the last one in the series 4 finale :p

I'm desperate now for series 5 and am even considering ways that I could convince hubby to take a trip to Port Isaac just around the time they'd be filming... am I getting obsessed, yes, I think so :rolleyes:

Hi there, there's nothing wrong with a good healthy DM obsession, shows good taste;)
    My favourite episodes are Series 3 episodes 5 & 6 when there where the best romantic moments imo and you could almost believe there was going to be a happy ending - until the horror of episode 7, which I only ever watch for purposes of research for a story :mad::( Of course the finale of S4 is lovely, but mainly the last 5 mins. :D

Stlll seems such a long way away until S5 :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've got a few. S4e8 obviously, then s3e5 and s4e2. Those are the two I watch the most :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think my personal favourite right now (until I've watched it all again!) would have to be S1 ep 6. I like the way that Martin overcomes his haemophobia in times of emergency (of course he always come through in the end, despite his "blood thing") I also like his relationship with Peter Cronk. They are both very similar characters and I could actually see Baby Ellingham growing up to be a lot like Peter.

The kiss in the car is lovely... until he goes and puts his size 11's (does anyone know Martin Clunes shoe size :D I'm just guessing!) right in it. And the sad thing is, he really doesn't have a clue about what he's done wrong. :rolleyes:

I also enjoyed (if that's the right word) S2 ep 6 when the Docs parents showed up. It helped explain the way he is and it was a really, really sad scene when his wicked mother told him that he was just an inconvenience that had got in the way all these years. I so wanted to punch her lights out :mad:

Anyway, I've waffled enough! Thanks for indulging me! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
    Forum Member

Welcome aboard!

I, of course like the romantic scenes in all the series even though they seem few and far between. I also like some of the scenes where Martin and Louisa are really fighting.The scene where Louisa is having her lunch on the playground, drinking her bottled water and he comes up to her and rants about when the archeologists dig up Port Wenn thousands of years hence, they will wonder how "this despicable thing happened!" ( I can't remember what series and episode that's in.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Portwenn59 wrote: »
    Welcome aboard!

I, of course like the romantic scenes in all the series even though they seem few and far between. I also like some of the scenes where Martin and Louisa are really fighting.The scene where Louisa is having her lunch on the playground, drinking her bottled water and he comes up to her and rants about when the archeologists dig up Port Wenn thousands of years hence, they will wonder how "this despicable thing happened!" ( I can't remember what series and episode that's in.)

Series 2 Episode 2 :D I love that little speech too. 'Disease will rampage, bodies will pile up in the streets!' :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmmm....for me is easy to say the ones I don't like!.....lets start with S2E6...that's the one with his parents ...horrible people :mad:, S3E7...OF COURSE!! this one don't need to be mention beyond the number :mad:, S4E4 that one is a very low point in their relations :mad:, and S4E1 is not one of my favourites, just because Edith is there TOO MUCH!

the remaining 26 episodes are fine by me! ....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm....for me is easy to say the ones I don't like!.....lets start with S2E6...that's the one with his parents ...horrible people :mad:, S3E7...OF COURSE!! this one don't need to be mention beyond the number :mad:, S4E4 that one is a very low point in their relations :mad:, and S4E1 is not one of my favourites, just because Edith is there TOO MUCH!

the remaining 26 episodes are fine by me! ....

:D I like s4e1 and s4e4 because although the relationship stuff is awful and there's way too much BT, there are some great one liners and storylines!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so interesting finding out everyones preferences. I think we're all the same in liking the romantic ones :o

One I really didn't like, because I felt as uncomfortable about it as the Doc did, was when Aunty Joan got the boyfriend, It was just too :eek: for words! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so interesting finding out everyones preferences. I think we're all the same in liking the romantic ones :o

One I really didn't like, because I felt as uncomfortable about it as the Doc did, was when Aunty Joan got the boyfriend, It was just too :eek: for words! :D

That ep was completely classic! :eek: :D As was the look on Martin's face.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

that's a classic!!!....Edward the painter!....I found that episode very amusing,....and love that part when DM is siting with the dead dog wrapped in paper on his lap, with auntie Joan both looking very uncomfortable wating for the ambulance ....that's the best....

Doc Martin: Auntie Joan. I’m sorry about that Oedipus remark. It was unkind.
    Auntie Joan: No, I think you were probably accurate.
    Doc Martin: Really? Creepy

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's a classic!!!....Edward the painter!....I found that episode very amusing,....and love that part when DM is siting with the dead dog wrapped in paper on his lap, with auntie Joan both looking very uncomfortable wating for the ambulance ....that's the best....

Doc Martin: Auntie Joan. I’m sorry about that Oedipus remark. It was unkind.
    Auntie Joan: No, I think you were probably accurate.
    Doc Martin: Really? Creepy

:D:D:D

Oh yes, there were definitely some classic lines in there and of course the lovely scene with the Doc and Louisa but that one particular scene :eek: just sticks in my mind like an unwanted nightmare!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, there were definitely some classic lines in there and of course the lovely scene with the Doc and Louisa but that one particular scene :eek: just sticks in my mind like an unwanted nightmare!

there's a bit on that episode that cracks me ....after he find auntie Joan on her kitchen table, he is driving back through the village and remembers ....and almost run over Mrs. Wilson and her dog ....his face kills me! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Osteoporosis and sex on kitchen tables don't mix!' :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, now that I think about it, it was a pretty good episode :D
    That squishy sound when he ran over the dog though, was just icky!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, now that I think about it, it was a pretty good episode :D
    That squishy sound when he ran over the dog though, was just icky!

I just love the fake dog they use in that part!....is so funny!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member

As a woman of a certain age - I loved that one! Good for Joan!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsWindy1 wrote: »
    sendibo wrote: »
    'Osteoporosis and sex on kitchen tables don't mix!' :D

I agree - although embarrassing, I love that Joan is a rebel and does what she wants.:cool: And only in DM would you get a quote like that one, it's one of my all time favourites, makes me giggle every time, especially with his expression ;)

Chapter 22 just uploaded on fanfic :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsWindy1 wrote: »

Oh, I'm sorry, I hope I didn't cause offence. :o

It wasn't the age that made me uncomfortable it was the fact that I could just imagine Martin feeling as if he'd walked in on his mother getting upto "naughties". After all, Aunty Joan was more of a mother to him than the other nasty piece of work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm sorry, I hope I didn't cause offence. :o

It wasn't the age that made me uncomfortable it was the fact that I could just imagine Martin feeling as if he'd walked in on his mother getting upto "naughties". After all, Aunty Joan was more of a mother to him than the other nasty piece of work.

don't worry....I don't think Mw took it as an offence, we have talk and analyzed long and hard this particular moment and I agree it's a bit disturbing but only for the fact not the age difference ....I agree also in my liking on the boldness of Auntie Joan!....her plate was served and she took knife and fork :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Been off work and its been raining alot. So (for your sins) Ive had an attempt at Fanfic :eek:, chapters 1 & 2 have now uploaded (rated K+ - Im a bit technaphobic - took me ages:p) I must warn you I am an amateur :o but hope it gives u a few smiles. Apologies in advance for similarities and for what might appear stolen. Hope u enjoy - let me know what you think or just tell me to stop :):) x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    RubyRedi wrote: »
    Been off work and its been raining alot. So (for your sins) Ive had an attempt at Fanfic :eek:, chapters 1 & 2 have now uploaded (rated K+ - Im a bit technaphobic - took me ages:p) I must warn you I am an amateur :o but hope it gives u a few smiles. Apologies in advance for similarities and for what might appear stolen. Hope u enjoy - let me know what you think or just tell me to stop :):) x

Great news Rubi Redi, I'm off to check out your fanfic now. Another great chapter GS, loved the bit in Mrs Tishell's shop :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    RubyRedi wrote: »

Just read your fanfic, absolutely loving it. Can't wait for your next update :)
This discussion has been closed.