Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Roman is happy :)

Better second half. Ivanovic is remarkably good in the oppositions penalty area with the ball at his feet.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor first half - Jose spelt it out at half time.

I thought Brani was immense today and how good was Courtois!

Another assist for Cesc & 2 goals in 2 for Diego Costa - like the last game, this was exactly the sort or game we would have dropped points - but we now have the players to unlock a high in numbers defence.

Great to see how emotional Roman was when Drogs came on - Roman absolutely loves this club - we are so lucky.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of those games where you say job done. Poor first half and but for Courtois early in the second we could of been a goal or two behind.
    Suddenly it all switched into gear and we ran out comfortable winners. Schurle always looks better when coming on as a sub and thought Willian impressed when he came on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Roman is happy :)

We take that for granted but we're lucky to have an owner who cares. Last season this would probably have been a draw. Really pleased we look stronger.
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,029
    Forum Member
    Didn't watch the first half but tuned in for the second - just as well judging from your comments. Happy with the win, even if the overall performance could have been better. Courtois and Ivanovic looked good from what I saw as did Willian when he came on. Good to see Costa continue his goal scoring too. 6 points from 6 against the newly promoted teams but it'll be interesting to see how we get on next week against tougher opposition.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only saw the highlights on MOTD but it seemed to be a case of getting the job done. It looked to me as if Oscar had a better game which is encouraging ? Maybe a bit worrying that Leicester broke through so easily a few times, we could so easily have been chasing the game for a point.
    Everton will show us where we really are, they were unlucky not to get all 3 points yesterday. If we still have maximum points this time next week, I will start feeling more confident. Then there's the bloody international break..hate that.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to say Brana was great yesterday. Thought he might not get many gamed this season but he has been great so far.

The way he is going he could get quite a few goals this season.

Some of the play between players was sublime. It's going to take time for us to get anywhere near the level we need to be but so far the signs are very good.

Even the sub's coming on made a impact (Willian just "ran around alot" since that's all he can do).

Two games that we would have dropped points during the last two (maybe even 3) season's and we have come away with 6 points.

We cannot ask for anything more
  • Harry BoatHarry Boat Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    RIP Lord Attenborough. A true Blue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Dickie - Life President of Chelsea FC - he absolutely loved this Club. A wonderful actor and a true gent.

I eventually married, principally, because she agreed to follow Chelsea and we've been going since 1942"

Promoter Harold Davidson told the story of getting home after a Chelsea match & receiving a phone call from the States

It was Frank Sinatra, one of Dickie's guests at the Bridge.

"What was the score?" Sinatra asked

"I'm sitting here by the pool with Dickie & he wanted to know"

I had no idea he lost a daughter and grand-daughter in the Asian Tsunami - how tragic.

Wonderful pic of Lord Attenborough with his daughter in law, holding the CL trophy.

https://twitter.com/ingenie_richard/status/204875691081203713
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great Chelsea fan and a reason we still exist and play at the Bridge.

Hopefully Chelsea do something in his memory, Think he spent many years in the East stand so maybe naming it after him would be a idea
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a sad day, as one of our greatest fans has passed away.

The picture of him with the CL trophy is wonderful.
    Forum Member
    Sad news indeed. RIP. Hopefully the club will do something to honour his memory as The_don1 says.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news indeed. RIP. Hopefully the club will do something to honour his memory as The_don1 says.

they should certainly rename something in his honor
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Great Chelsea fan and a reason we still exist and play at the Bridge.

Hopefully Chelsea do something in his memory, Think he spent many years in the East stand so maybe naming it after him would be a idea

That would be wonderful.

Chelsea team will be wearing black armbands in his honour against Everton.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lord Attenborough lived about 5 minutes walk away form us, he used to call himself Lord Attenborough of Richmond, he loved the area so much. He lived in the same house on the green for more than 60 years, my eldest son used to deliver his newspapers.
    A lovely man and a great Chelsea supporter through good times and bad.

RIP.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    van Ginkel's rejected a loan move to Milan.

Can't believe we're even looking to let him leave.....
    Forum Member

It's good that he's prepared to wait for his chance here. I don't want to see him loaned out, he could be a useful player for us this season especially if anything happens to Matic. We've already let Romeu go out on loan and we don't want to be stuck with just having Mikel as our only other DM option.

Torres, however, they're welcome to.
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also really do hope he leaves even if its on loan. I think hes a distraction, we need to move on from the failure and just accept he hasn't been as succesful as we hoped. Him leaving might leave us a bit exposed to injuries, however i guess we could play Schurrle/Fabregas up top if we really had too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought he originally said he wanted a move, but that might have just been his agent ?

I don't know what to make of the Torres talk. Nobody seems to be quoting any figures, is it a sale or a loan deal, and if it's the latter are they going to pay his wages ?
    Whatever happens, if he goes we will be very thin with only Drogba as back-up for Costa. Could Didier even manage a full 90 minutes these days ?

Can't see it happening myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We need to either keep them both, or line up a replacement for Torres
    Forum Member
    I don't know what to make of the Torres talk. Nobody seems to be quoting any figures, is it a sale or a loan deal, and if it's the latter are they going to pay his wages ?
    Whatever happens, if he goes we will be very thin with only Drogba as back-up for Costa. Could Didier even manage a full 90 minutes these days ?

Season long loan reportedly, with us paying some of his wages. Not as ideal as a sale of course, but if it means not having the frustration of watching him play for us this season then I'm all for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But he can only go if we have a replacement. No deal otherwise
    Forum Member
    Home tie vs Bolton in the Capital One Cup, happy with that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was some talk about Destro from Roma. Don't know much about him myself, apart from watching a video on YouTube. But I've given up on most of the rumours, I was convinced we were going to get Khedira and Benatia.
    Forum Member
    There was some talk about Destro from Roma. Don't know much about him myself, apart from watching a video on YouTube. But I've given up on most of the rumours, I was convinced we were going to get Khedira and Benatia.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mourinho has one more transfer up his sleeve before the window shuts, but I think any deal will hinge on being able to shift Torres first.

We're going to need another striker in the near future anyway to vy with Costa, even if we do scrape by with Drogba/Torres as back-up this season. Can't say I've seen much of Destro either, but he's around the sort of age we probably should be looking at.