The Sun newspaper laughing at Corrie's stunt

Jason,Jason, Posts: 366
Forum Member
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3265311/We-recreate-1m-Coronation-Street-crash-for-9950.html

I notice The Sun have also turned on the Tories today despite The Sun making out they helped CamerCON to number 10 so maybe there was something in their office water.

Comments

• SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said in another thread, it's tyical of The Scum to concentrate on the negatives when the large majority really liked the episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    ANTONELLA LAZZERI and JOEL FOX who worked on the article are complete idiots, no wonder Corrie didn't commission their version. These guys write "junk" and leave the experts in TV get on what they do best.
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    steviedab wrote: »
    ANTONELLA LAZZERI and JOEL FOX who worked on the article are complete idiots, no wonder Corrie didn't commission their version. These guys write "junk" and leave the experts in TV get on what they do best.

I think their version was trying to be funny, shame it didn't work on that level either.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get the point of the video :s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    I didn't find it funny so as far as I'm concerned their "joke" has backfired.
  • SparklesSparkles Posts: 4,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The Sun Newspaper"..bit of an oxymoran there don'tcha think?

I'd like to know why The Sun squandered £99.50 in the first place when they could have re-created the scene with a few cardboard boxes & a bit of cut & stick a la Blue Peter style. *Tuts*.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on people! I'm a huge Corrie fan for over twenty years and think this week is utterly brilliant. But this is just a bit of fun in what is a really miserable time down Weatherfirld way. Lighten up.....:rolleyes:
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    I thought that was brilliant. Me and my mum cracked up laughing :D
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,054
    Forum Member
    Do you think this may be a bit off 'toys out of pram' behaviour because the Corrie producers wouldn't spoon feed them spoilers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    It's so annoying how people find it laughable, it looked really good. They should try making the stunt look real.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think this may be a bit off 'toys out of pram' behaviour because the Corrie producers wouldn't spoon feed them spoilers?

Phil Collinson spoke out about how he was annoyed at "a certain newspaper" who had revealed a lot of the secrets of the tram crash, that newspaper was The Sun
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Well, The Sun is such an arbiter of quality of course..... sigh.

I think the Driver Actor saying he now goes out in disguise for fear of reprisals is a bit of a desperate stir for fame though.
  • Zayna99Zayna99 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun isn't even good enough to wipe your bum with. Who on earth takes any notice of what is printed in it?
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil Collinson spoke out about how he was annoyed at "a certain newspaper" who had revealed a lot of the secrets of the tram crash, that newspaper was The Sun

Hardy surprising they've done this then. Trust them to concentrate on the negativity on the forums. Most people have been positive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the Sun are so far up their own backsides its insane. they like Corrie enough when they're claiming it was them who got Deirdre out of jail, or them who organised the Helping Haiti charity single, and them who got Cameron into no10. its just a whole paper of smug peoples opinions, no news whatsoever
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Simon0810 wrote: »
    It's so annoying how people find it laughable, it looked really good. They should try making the stunt look real.

But the effects were hilarious, especially when the second carriage of the tram roared like a dinosaur. I was laughing my head off at that point.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun will probably get back to kissing Cameron's backside and slagging off the BBC, Ed Miliband and unions tomorrow
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Hardy surprising they've done this then. Trust them to concentrate on the negativity on the forums. Most people have been positive.

I think their reaction to the live episode will be on to watch if it is anything other than totally flawless. I expect quite a few digs from them.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loathe this newspaper with a passion.

Corrie are going to record a dress rehearsal of the live episode for insurance purposes should anything go wrong tomorrow night. The Sun are carrying the tag line Coronation Cheat. What would they be calling the show if they failed to do a recording and something did go wrong. Didn't Easties do the same with their live episode, did they get slated for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's probably exactly what happened!

Really pathetic of The Sun actually.
  • Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    But the effects were hilarious, especially when the second carriage of the tram roared like a dinosaur. I was laughing my head off at that point.
    Agreed, it was like a shitty B-Movie, atrocious acting included. Why are people getting so touchy that some of us can readily admit we've seen far better effects work and that this stuff was cringe-worthy?
  • Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

That's brilliant :D
  • CJWALKERCJWALKER Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »

I bet you your monthly wage that you werent!

It mayve been a poor choice of shot for a gritty soap like corrie but in no was it THAT funny!
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People actually read The Sun?:eek: