'Saint' Stacey Slater???

nokes22nokes22 Posts: 1,763
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok, so she didn't stab Janine but why the hell did Stacey go out like the archetypal 'cheeky' cockney criminal likened to Ronnie Biggs going on the run in South America? This girl broke up a family, murdered a resident (ok a nasty piece of work) and caused the death of her ex-husband. Then she decided she wanted to be back with her illegitimate baby's Father (when he was already married) then decided she didn't love him!

Now it's like EE is in mourning, she's caused no end of heartache during her stint on EE. Why does everyone love her so much, she's no better than a boring, chavvy mouthy, stupid bitch who doesn't deserve this bizarre idolatry!

I'm waiting for the Pope to pitch up in EE wanting her sanctification!

????

Comments

• PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    LOL. I agree, she really isn't a saint. Just because she's got mental issues.
  • Frankie_boyFrankie_boy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Cindy Beale got a similar exit when she left Enders the very first time. This was just after she had Ian shot!
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,808
    Forum Member
    Bravo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Because shes one of the best characters in years and deserves to get a happy ending with Lily :D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because shes one of the best characters in years and deserves to get a happy ending with Lily :D:p

This.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    And still we get Jean talking about her like she was Florence Nightingale.

I hope that is it, once Jean gets over it we never hear about that miserable cow again.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because for all the negatives and problems she caused, she was still one of the best characters in a very long time, and one of the only characters introduced in recent years that wasn't completely one dimensional. :)
  • anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Best character doesn't necessarily deserve happy ending. Good ending,i can agree,not happy ending. And it depends on individual,for me it is not happy ending.
  • jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I found her foul and was really dissapointed she didn't get her commupance in the end. I hate how Maxy and Jean talked about her like she was some sort of saint.
  • ShedheddShedhedd Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, the rest of the characters will stay in their one dimesional bubbles. :yawn:
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose the fact that she'd lost her father as a teenager, seen her brother run away and seen her mum suffer mental health issues have nothing to do with her own problems.

As for Bradley he make his own decision to jump off a building but as it was apparent he'd clumped Archie on christmas day he probably calculated that Stacey had probably done it it and that by taking his own life he could probably save Stacey. Max was largely to blame for the affair and as for Ryan I suppose the fact that she was in confusion recently given that when she got pregnant with Ryan was just before she was sectioned. Archie was a pretty horrendous character who had clearly upset too many people.

I'm not saying Stacey is a saint or anything like it but she hardly deserves to be vilified as the lowest of the low. Obviously she committed a crime but others have done far worse in EE and got away with it. Stacey was a character with grit and emotion who brought something different to EE. The show will be weaker without her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody thinks she's a saint but she did not by any stretch of the imagination cause Bradley's death. He had the ability to choose his own path, and he rather misguidedly ended up on a rooftop and fell. That wasn't Stacey's fault. It was an accident, and one caused by himself.
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    OP alot of people don't like Stacey but we strangely care about what happens to characters like her.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

Agreed - but it made no sense that she said she didn't love Ryan and went away without him. If nothing else he could have provided for her and Lily so she could get herself sorted - and then she could dump him.

Still if Ryan left who else could they get to wander round in their underpants in every other episode to pull in the gay and female audience.:D
  • anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose the fact that she'd lost her father as a teenager, seen her brother run away and seen her mum suffer mental health issues have nothing to do with her own problems.

As for Bradley he make his own decision to jump off a building but as it was apparent he'd clumped Archie on christmas day he probably calculated that Stacey had probably done it it and that by taking his own life he could probably save Stacey. Max was largely to blame for the affair and as for Ryan I suppose the fact that she was in confusion recently given that when she got pregnant with Ryan was just before she was sectioned. Archie was a pretty horrendous character who had clearly upset too many people.

I'm not saying Stacey is a saint or anything like it but she hardly deserves to be vilified as the lowest of the low. Obviously she committed a crime but others have done far worse in EE and got away with it. Stacey was a character with grit and emotion who brought something different to EE. The show will be weaker without her.

Amazing! How you turned others to blame! lol.
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    Nobody thinks she's a saint but she did not by any stretch of the imagination cause Bradley's death. He had the ability to choose his own path, and he rather misguidedly ended up on a rooftop and fell. That wasn't Stacey's fault. It was an accident, and one caused by himself.

Are you kidding? If she didn't give wrong hopes to Bradley at first place,he would have got guts to stand up and face the law. I hope you didn't forget that she asked Bradley if he killed Archie on christmas night. She is the one caused Bradley's death. I can't imagine that one can defend her by this stretch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nokes22 wrote: »
    Ok, so she didn't stab Janine but why the hell did Stacey go out like the archetypal 'cheeky' cockney criminal likened to Ronnie Biggs going on the run in South America? This girl broke up a family, murdered a resident (ok a nasty piece of work) and caused the death of her ex-husband. Then she decided she wanted to be back with her illegitimate baby's Father (when he was already married) then decided she didn't love him!

Now it's like EE is in mourning, she's caused no end of heartache during her stint on EE. Why does everyone love her so much, she's no better than a boring, chavvy mouthy, stupid bitch who doesn't deserve this bizarre idolatry!

I'm waiting for the Pope to pitch up in EE wanting her sanctification!

????

Team Janine by any chance? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched EE for a few weeks as I honestly couldnt bear the character of Stacey any more, but I have been watching since Christmas Day and I can't believe how many characters have refered to Stacey as "perfect" and "wonderful"!!!

I've been permanently like this ---> :eek::confused::eek:

If she had gone to the police after killing Archie, pleading diminished responsbility - due to the rape, her pregnancy (caused at that point she believed by the rape) and her mental illness - she might have got off which a much lighter sentence. OK, Lily might have still been born in prison, but it wasnt was if she didnt have family there to take care of her until her release.

Instead, she spent twelve months, a lot of this being while she was on her medication, and, we have to suppose as a result mentally stable, doing everything she could to cover up what she had done. With every passing day she was digging herself into a deeper and deeper hole. She always said that Bradley did what he did because he loved her, but it's pretty obvious she didnt love him enough to confess to what she had done, if not before his death to prevent it, then soon after - not just to Max but to the authorities.

She then went to work in the Vic - the scene of the murder (and the rape? Think I missed that bit) and was friendly with Roxy and Ronnie. Then of course she noticed that Janine was a little too happy with Lily's father and off she went again, destroying yet another marriage, for, as it turned out, no reason.

I was cheering Janine the other night when she confronted Stacey with the truth....Janine may be a lot of things but she calls a spade a spade....unlike a lot of the other characters!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JG600 wrote: »
    I haven't watched EE for a few weeks as I honestly couldnt bear the character of Stacey any more, but I have been watching since Christmas Day and I can't believe how many characters have refered to Stacey as "perfect" and "wonderful"!!!

I've been permanently like this ---> :eek::confused::eek:

If she had gone to the police after killing Archie, pleading diminished responsbility - due to the rape, her pregnancy (caused at that point she believed by the rape) and her mental illness - she might have got off which a much lighter sentence. OK, Lily might have still been born in prison, but it wasnt was if she didnt have family there to take care of her until her release.

Instead, she spent twelve months, a lot of this being while she was on her medication, and, we have to suppose as a result mentally stable, doing everything she could to cover up what she had done. With every passing day she was digging herself into a deeper and deeper hole. She always said that Bradley did what he did because he loved her, but it's pretty obvious she didnt love him enough to confess to what she had done, if not before his death to prevent it, then soon after - not just to Max but to the authorities.

She then went to work in the Vic - the scene of the murder (and the rape? Think I missed that bit) and was friendly with Roxy and Ronnie. Then of course she noticed that Janine was a little too happy with Lily's father and off she went again, destroying yet another marriage, for, as it turned out, no reason.

I was cheering Janine the other night when she confronted Stacey with the truth....Janine may be a lot of things but she calls a spade a spade....unlike a lot of the other characters!!!

I seem to remember it was Ryan who went after Stacey. :D
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gmc93 wrote: »
    I seem to remember it was Ryan who went after Stacey. :D
    Dammit, her silly knickers must have slipped down...AGAIN!

She has that problem a lot. Especially around Max and Callum too.

She was a nasty character and for Lilly's sake - she deserved to be with Jean.

She murdered, cheated (a lot), bullied, hurt and just made people absolutely miserable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    Dammit, her silly knickers must have slipped down...AGAIN!

She has that problem a lot. Especially around Max and Callum too.

She was a nasty character and for Lilly's sake - she deserved to be with Jean.

She murdered, cheated (a lot), bullied, hurt and just made people absolutely miserable.

What point are you trying to prove? Stacey is one of my favourite characters.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gmc93 wrote: »
    What point are you trying to prove? Stacey is one of my favourite characters.
    That she was a total nasty slag. :confused:
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member

:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In your opinion, yeah.
  • Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one thinks she's a saint, nobody on eastenders is a saint. But she is a very popular character. If people like janine then it's perfectly acceptable to like stacey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does the OP think this is real life? :D

I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing her in another soap, drama, film etc in the not so distant future.