Jodie's Overrated Thread - No obsessive fans

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CASPER1066 wrote: »
    and still with all her faults........she leads the DS poll......yet again.......my my......I wonder why most people on the DS forums who vote........vote for her... Jodie fans must be in the majority........people must actually like Jodies performance.....IMO thats all that matters.......and just think.....the people dont like her.........guess what.........you wont actually have go see her............isnt that good......leave more seats for the people who will appreciate her..............IMO

I don't think most of us on this thread who have criticised Jodie in a balanced and fair way would mind if Jodie won.

I just think we want a place where we can say that we're not keen on everything about Jodie without some of her fans over reacting and jumping down our throats

I would never say that Jodie isn't popular. I can see she has a charisma that appeals to some people and she certainly can belt out a good song.

Though not keen on her myself it certainly wouldn't put me off seeing the show. The girl can sing and she's nice to listen to at least
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    When I was a more ardent Jodie fan I feel some members were more friendly towards me. There has been a certain cooling now that I am veering towards Sam.

So I feel my views were only regarded if I were "singing from the same songsheet".

Genuine discussion isn't welcome in some quarters for whom this is just a fan-site.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tortue wrote: »
    I don't think most of us on this thread who have criticised Jodie in a balanced and fair way would mind if Jodie won.

I just think we want a place where we can say that we're not keen on everything about Jodie without some of her fans over reacting and jumping down our throats

I would never say that Jodie isn't popular. I can see she has a charisma that appeals to some people and she certainly can belt out a good song.

Though not keen on her myself it certainly wouldn't put me off seeing the show. The girl can sing and she's nice to listen to at least

I have no problem with peoples opinion, infact I think it creates healthy debate, however when the conversations /debate turns personal or worse down right nasty. I think people do get upset, they dont know the girl, she never puts her OTT personallity on stage while performing. Thats not debate....thats just being down right cruel.........debate her performance all you want......but personal nasty attacks is just rude.
  • Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    When I was a more ardent Jodie fan I feel some members were more friendly towards me. There has been a certain cooling now that I am veering towards Sam.

So I feel my views were only regarded if I were "singing from the same songsheet".

Genuine discussion isn't welcome in some quarters for whom this is just a fan-site.

That's people for you! I don't really have a problem with who people support as long as there reasonable and don't get het up with me if I disagree. I was never in the gang :( I was thrown to the dogs when I was unmasked as Sam fan :D
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member

It always is the OTT fans that put me off people. Until I was jumped on by one of Jodies fanatic fans I hadn't really taken that much notice of her, now she just irritates me ... so imo they are doing her no favoures.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think your entitled to your opinion and all for you for that. If Sam is who you perfer thats fine by me.

I love debate about performance......but people are just being personally nasty to Jodie....thats not good r healthy for anyone including the other girls.

Its not needed....IMO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreamer27 wrote: »
    That's people for you! I don't really have a problem with who people support as long as there reasonable and don't get het up with me if I disagree. I was never in the gang :( I was thrown to the dogs when I was unmasked as Sam fan :D

What gang ? who are they ?

How were you thrown to the dogs.....specifically?

:confused::confused:

Its this kind of talk which confuses me........:confused:
    Forum Member
    I have no problem with peoples opinion, infact I think it creates healthy debate, however when the conversations /debate turns personal or worse down right nasty. I think people do get upset, they dont know the girl, she never puts her OTT personallity on stage while performing. Thats not debate....thats just being down right cruel.........debate her performance all you want......but personal nasty attacks is just rude.

But this topic isn't being personal it's just saying that we don't rate her as highly as the others.
  • PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CASPER1066

Please read the rules and know thyself.
    Forum Member
    [/B]

What gang ? who are they ?

How were you thrown to the dogs.....specifically?

:confused::confused:

Its this kind of talk which confuses me........:confused:

I'm having a laugh, a joke. I was saying a lot of people are Jodie fans here and if you don't put your foot out of line you'll know it.
    Forum Member
    I don't think people are more personal about Jodie than any other girl.
    I have called Niamh "wooden" which is fairly strong but Niamh fans didn't have a go at me.
    I have said all sorts of things about Jessie and her mouth (now that IS a personal comment too) and people have just debated it without getting touchy.
    So I don't think Jodie has more to put up with than any of the others. Think of Rachel's nose! They have all had personal comments written about them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreamer27 wrote: »
    But this topic isn't being personal it's just saying that we don't rate her as highly as the others.

Just go through the constant rude posts about Jodie...its not debate or conversation.......its rude and abusive personal attacks.......drag queen, etc..

Thats not warrented.......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When a person puts themselves in the public spotlight they do so for personal gain. At the same time they inevitably will be critiqued by the public about their personality and appearance.

Its not always nice but its the way it is and as long as it doesn't go to far I think it is valid. People are entitled to their opinions as to why they don't like a particular Nancys personality or indeed why they think a Nancy is physically unsuited to the part.

We are afterall being appealed to to put our hands in our pockets and vote for the Nancies. All performers will get critiqued in this way. Its part and parcel of being in the public eye. Infact this list is tame in comparison to what critics and peers often say about the girls

I agree that some of the comments on this list go a little too far. No-one should be called fat as an insult. However
    voicing the opinion that someones physical appearance is not right for the part is a matter of opinion and quite valid as is saying that someones personality doesn't appeal to you personally

and yet some of Jodie's fans seem to want to silence even this sort of balanced criticism
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CASPER1066

Please read the rules and know thyself.

I am well aware that you dont like Jodie, thats your opinion of her performance........and I know myself well thanks.

I have a different opinion..........as is my right....:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [
    QUOTE=Dreamer27;23815018]I'm having a laugh, a joke. I was saying a lot of people are Jodie fans here and if you don't put your foot out of line you'll know it.
    [/QUOTE]

what gang tho???.......who made you feel bad because you suppport Sam.........or is this just everyone.......

I dont find blanket blaming funny..........if you have a problem with someone take it up with them...Dont blame us all......:confused::confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    But the point of this thread is to allow people who have something to say which isn't positive about Jodie to speak their mind without being shot down or lambasted for their opinion. On these forums, a bad word against Jodie is always considered as a personal attack, and you get the treatment from the Jodie fanatics for your opinion. I just feel that she isn't good to be Nancy, she is just a bit too cheesy and annoying. Her vocals are pretty good but her performances are just a bit naff.
    Forum Member
    Just go through the constant rude posts about Jodie...its not debate or conversation.......its rude and abusive personal attacks.......drag queen, etc..

This thread isn't being personal, I do know others are some people just don't have the respect. I know it's annoying but if you don't want to get too angry stay away from these threads it will only frustrate you like it does me.
  • PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am well aware that you dont like Jodie, thats your opinion of her performance........and I know myself well thanks.

I have a different opinion..........as is my right....:)

Did you actually read the thread title or my original post?
    Forum Member
    [

what gang tho???.......who made you feel bad because you suppport Sam.........or is this just everyone.......

I dont find blanket blaming funny..........if you have a problem with someone take it up with them...Dont blame us all......:confused::confused:[/QUOTE]

No one made me feel bad, it was joke flammin hell!

Making a joke of how many Jodie fans there are around in comparison of the other girls.
    Forum Member
    I haven't read anything rude.
    Certainly no ruder about Jodie than I have been about Niamh.
    And there are plenty of threads for people who just want to support their favourite!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Caspar I agree to a certain extent. Their are some posts that say rude things about Jodie (as indeed there are about all the other girls) And you have a right to say to these posters that you think they are being nasty or unfair in their opinions

I think the problem lies for some of us on this thread that we feel we cannot say anything negative about Jodie (even if its totally fair) without being subject to personal attacks from some of her fans.

I have not seen this happen with fans of the other contestants. Only Jodie. Perhaps its because her fans feel she is the underdog because of ALWs attitude and need to defend her?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [
    QUOTE=Tortue;23815194]When a person puts themselves in the public spotlight they do so for personal gain. At the same time they inevitably will be critiqued by the public about their personality and appearance.

Its not always nice but its the way it is and as long as it doesn't go to far I think it is valid. People are entitled to their opinions as to why they don't like a particular Nancies personality or indeed why they think a Nancy is physically unsuited to the part.

We are afterall being appealed to to put our hands in our pockets and vote for the Nancies. All performers will get critiqued in this way. Its part and parcel of being in the public eye. Infact this list is tame in comparison to what critics and peers often say about the girls

I agree that some of the comments on this list go a little too far. No-one should be called fat as an insult
    . However
    voicing the opinion that someones physical appearance is not right for the part is a matter of opinion and quite valid as is saying that someones personality doesn't appeal to you personally

and yet some of Jodie's fans seem to want to silence even this sort of balanced criticism
    [/QUOTE]

I think you will find that its the rude insulting comments which annoy people. Thats nothing to do with performance and if her weight was a problem she would not have beaten 50000 to get into the final 12. This is supposed to be a professional show giving professional feedback. Even JB thought ALW went over the top.

No one (that includes all the girls) should have to put up with rudeness.......and how much is too far.......

Its ruining the show..........:confused::confused:
  • jenda57jenda57 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a Jodie supporter through and through but I've never posted a "slaggie" type comment about any of the other women in the competition. Apparently Jodie fans have a reputation for this but I only have to read other threads to find that fanatics will slag anyone if they are not their chosen winner. All the contestants get personal abuse thrown at them through this forum. It's what makes it worth while to read and take part in. Peoples' opinions vary and so do their ways of expressing themselves. If people think what I have posted is stupid then that's their opinion. What a boring world if we all agreed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    legend1989 wrote: »
    But the point of this thread is to allow people who have something to say which isn't positive about Jodie to speak their mind without being shot down or lambasted for their opinion. On these forums, a bad word against Jodie is always considered as a personal attack, and you get the treatment from the Jodie fanatics for your opinion. I just feel that she isn't good to be Nancy, she is just a bit too cheesy and annoying. Her vocals are pretty good but her performances are just a bit naff.

I dont see a problem with your opinon, you havent turned it into a personal attack on Jodie.

thats not the case in all posters.......:confused::confused:
  • jenda57jenda57 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [

I think you will find that its the rude insulting comments which annoy people. Thats nothing to do with performance and if her weight was a problem she would not have beaten 50000 to get into the final 12. This is supposed to be a professional show giving professional feedback. Even JB thought ALW went over the top.

No one (that includes all the girls) should have to put up with rudeness.......and how much is too far.......

Its ruining the show..........:confused::confused:[/QUOTE]

The woman is a size 14 for goodness sake hardly a tank. She looks bigger on TV it still adds pounds. The other girls are very slim. No one should be subjected to abuse because of their build I always thought it was called bullying. Jodie's the woman she is and I hope she stays the same.