Options

Usher's p***-poor performance

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,628
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In Usher's own words, OMG. WTF was that supposed to be? He didn't even sing. Worse than his last guest appearance which was woeful.

It's disrespectful to both the viewers and the singers who are performing.:cry::eek::o

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys need to get with it, seriously! This is what Pop stars do these days! Its their own phase. I think every generation had one of a sort!

Usher has proven himself for years, that he is a great singer. He's been doing it, since the 90's, when none of these auto tune and weird sounds, crap existed"! He is just getting with the generation, and giving them what they want right now!

I thought it was a great performance, for what it was, and what the kids enjoy these days!
  • Options
    open-armsopen-arms Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    I agree; the singers need people they can look up to and respect and if you cannot perform on the stage, you are losing credibility.
  • Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ama2k9 wrote: »
    You guys need to get with it, seriously! This is what Pop stars do these days! Its their own phase. I think every generation had one of a sort!

Usher has proven himself for years, that he is a great singer. He's been doing it, since the 90's, when none of these auto tune and weird sounds, crap existed"! He is just getting with the generation, and giving them what they want right now!

I thought it was a great performance, for what it was, and what the kids enjoy these days!

Quoted for truth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ama2k9 wrote: »

If he's been 'doing it since the 90s' maybe he needs to put his feet up and STOP because he really can't do it anymore..

If he was dancing energetically and impressively, fair enough, but he wasn't - he was wandering about looking for his zimmer frame. Sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    open-arms wrote: »
    I agree; the singers need people they can look up to and respect and if you cannot perform on the stage, you are losing credibility.

It's just embarrassing for the artistes when the amateur wannabes blow them out of the water.:o
  • Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    most artists with dance routines perform like this these days, i dont see the problem! even beyonce does it! usher is also getting on abit aswell..
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem is he does a bigger show on stage. This is a smaller verson and only small space. I think he was brilliant.
  • Options
    wsmansemwsmansem Posts: 1,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on EARTH did Usher do wrong ??
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    I found myself wondering just what percentage of it was live vocals and what was pre-recorded backing track. I settled on 20% live, and the vocals he did do were just a series of exclamations and grunts.

The only impressive thing was his dancing.
  • Options
    itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    wsmansem wrote: »
    What on EARTH did Usher do wrong ??
    Nothing he did nothing wrong, perhaps if he did a medley of jonas brothers songs or xmas single by joe mcelderry he will be called a great singer lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luckyeight wrote: »
    If he's been 'doing it since the 90s' maybe he needs to put his feet up and STOP because he really can't do it anymore..

If he was dancing energetically and impressively, fair enough, but he wasn't - he was wandering about looking for his zimmer frame. Sad.

Sorry, I for one enjoy his music, and will keep on buying it.
  • Options
    moongodess777moongodess777 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    In my opinion his performance was total crap. If you can't sing and dance at the same time, then don't dance. He hardly sang at all.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought his routine was great and at least he did have his mic turned on and wasn't pretending to sing the backing vocals. He's a class act and CAN sing brilliantly but it wasn't that kind of performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are two types of performances - those that focus on the vocal, and those that focus on the visuals. Music has moved on from the 90s, nowadays it's all about the dance numbers which, bar a few songs, are not really that vocally impressive. So Usher had a choice. He could have stood still and sang into a microphone, and given a vocal performance all you oldies would have enjoyed (because, lets face it, we all know the guy can sing, he's proved it many years ago) or he could have put together an awesome spectacle as he did, a dance and light show that fits in with the song, and put a portion of his vocals pre-recorded. The fact he did any live singing at all speaks volumes about how genuine this guy is with music.
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    In my opinion his performance was total crap. If you can't sing and dance at the same time, then don't dance. He hardly sang at all.

would you have preferred he stand behind a mic and attempt to sing OMG all the way through instead then?

his latest material uses auto-tune heavily, as that is the popular style at the moment...its also a style that is impossible to completely replicate live.
  • Options
    dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like his music but I honestly couldnt work out why he didnt sing a bit more, because he is a good singer. At least he didnt mime.
  • Options
    moongodess777moongodess777 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    He could have had less gyrating and more vocals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Here is his lyrics to this performance tonight as someone else pointed / posted:

yeah

c'mon

yeah

c'mon

yeah ....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    while i am NOT and Usher fan!

I thought his performance was quite a spectacle with the choreography (I was exhausted just watching him) while he didn't sing the songs in entirety live he was giving the audience what they wanted and got them moving!

but how many crotch grabs did he do?????? lol i lost count! but it was a good energetic performance, i had no real problem with it, and the DJ Got Us Falling In Love Again had a slick beat i must say!

I love it that artists can come onto the shows, at least it wasn't a wardrobe malfunction spectacle like poor Whitney last year lol! now THAT was car crash telly! loved it's rediculousness really! Cheryl showed her up haha! but Usher did a slick job overall!
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see what was so bad. He did a lot of dancing and he did sing quite a bit. I'm not a fan of his, but every year it's the same old winging about the celebrity guests. Either they are miming or look off their heads or it wasnt up to scratch etc.
  • Options
    Over By Yer!Over By Yer! Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I for one enjoy his music, and will keep on buying it.

I like his music also...but his "performance" on X Factor tonight was pathetic!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought his routine was great and at least he did have his mic turned on and wasn't pretending to sing the backing vocals. He's a class act and CAN sing brilliantly but it wasn't that kind of performance.

Agreed
  • Options
    Basildon bondBasildon bond Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that Joe outperformed him...I kept wating for him to start singing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee-rec wrote: »
    I quite like his music but I honestly couldnt work out why he didnt sing a bit more, because he is a good singer. At least he didnt mime.

It was the song !!

HE sang where he could , but the verses were pre recorded as they could not be replicated by normal voice , listen to the record to understand .
  • Options
    frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
    Forum Member
    It was rubbish! He performed on a singing contest, and barely sang!

If you go on to sing a song, you sing it, you don't have it playing in the background, and only sing 15% of the lyrics. Sorry, but it was rubbish.