Options

shane ward miming on xfactor

philybphilyb Posts: 845
Forum Member
✭✭
shane ward is singing on xfactor he stopped and you hear the soundtrack of the song he'd recorded earlier. lol

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    no but really he wasn't miming.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was not mimed. It was simply a great vocal and Cheryl Cole could learn a thing or two from him.
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    fairly certain that was the backing singers
  • Options
    NoahsAarkNoahsAark Posts: 30,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    philyb wrote: »
    shane ward is singing on xfactor he stopped and you hear the soundtrack of the song he'd recorded earlier. lol

I'm not a fan of him or the song ... but to be fair you could hear his backing singers :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't matter how well he sang it, the song is rubbish
  • Options
    philybphilyb Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he was still miles better thanb cheryl. kylies good as well.
  • Options
    eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the song is not crap nor did he mime, yes there was a backing track they all do it and was surprised kylie sang live she sounded pretty good
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's easy to tell when they mime, you just have to pay attention to their microphone.
    Shayne started off live, in the first verse he pulled the mic. away from his mouth a mere moment before he stopped singing and you could hear the change in volume.
    I think he was miming to a pre-recorded chorus, or a very loud backing track swamped over his voice. At one point he took the mic. away from his mouth and you could still hear him singing (final chorus), that tells us that it was either a pre-recording, a loud backing track, or the backup singers.

Choruses are almost always mimed in pop songs.
  • Options
    pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both shayne and kylie sang live and both performed well although from personnel bias Kylie was bloody brilliant, Kylie always sings well live and i always think she doesnt get enough credit for it.

I dont think shayne would risk miming considering he won the show, plus he has no reason to mime as like him or hate him he can sing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He sang live throughout but with the chorus' he was singing along to a backing track. He's an amazing singer.
  • Options
    RayofLightRayofLight Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly thought he was miming, but if he wasn't then wow, fantastic live vocal!

You'd have to be a bit thick though not to be able to see that Kylie was singing live over backing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he mimed, he sang live and the backing track had his vocals on it too. Kylie did the same.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Miming or not, the song was crap and the performance was dull... he just stood there.
  • Options
    iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought maybe he was miming, but my wife who sings, and is generally pretty good on the whole miming thing, was pretty certain he was singing live, and it was just the live backing singers we were hearing over him, rather than a pre recorded vocal.

Iain
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was singing live. i have to say. anyone know how well his single is selling?
  • Options
    Zorah88Zorah88 Posts: 6,668
    Forum Member
    Kylie wasnt completly live either
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope he gets a top 5 single.
  • Options
    haim100haim100 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EVERYONE mimes on the X-Factor performances, at least to quite a high degree anyway.....why on earth would Shane be any different? I mean Kylie mimed, and we all know she doesn't have to !

I was rather surprised to see that he basically stood there with a mic (and mimed) throughout the whole 'performance' though - I was certainly expecting a bit more of a show!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    haim100 wrote: »
    EVERYONE mimes on the X-Factor performances, at least to quite a high degree anyway.....why on earth would Shane be any different? I mean Kylie mimed, and we all know she doesn't have to !

I was rather surprised to see that he basically stood there with a mic (and mimed) throughout the whole 'performance' though - I was certainly expecting a bit more of a show!!!

The irony is that people like Shayne who can sing, mimes, yet people like Katy Perry who was terrible live sang... live.
  • Options
    iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he did sing live though.

Iain
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haim100 wrote: »

Bon Jovi were 100% live (although I admit the finalists were miming their part :))
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seemed pretty obvious to me he was singing live. Gave a great vocal aswell.
  • Options
    Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miming or not, the song was crap and the performance was dull... he just stood there.

Thought he sounded a bit petrified standing on that tall cube .That prop didn't quite have the desired effect really did it.It was always going to be difficult for Shayne to appear 'larger than life' :D as he hasn't particularly got the strongest (more resonant) voices.