Snow Watch 2010/11 Season

Comments

• ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steady snowing here in Cheltenham on top of what weve already had for the last few hours.VERY cold.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Top of the SWales valleys - had about another 6" this afternoon. Very lightweight stuff tho, so easy to shovel. Still snowing.
  • Sigh_no_moreSigh_no_more Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Given how so many weather forecasts seem to be rubbish, are there any experts on here that can tell me whether SE London is due snow tonight?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snowing consistently in Worcester all afternoon.
  • ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Started snowing here in (Albrighton) Shropshire about half an hour ago.; Quite light at the moment. I hope it doesn't amount to much tonight, the roads here are atrocious as it is. And, I've got to go out later tonight, to collect my son from Stourbridge. Not looking forward to that drive.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    pasodaisy wrote: »
    Snowing consistently in Worcester all afternoon.
    Just like Gloucester
    there was quite a lot of snow already on the ground but it's been snowing since midday and shows no sign of letting up.
    I did attempt to start my xmas shopping today but it was just mad intown.

No taxis and the busses were running few and far between
    and now this part of the country(including Worcester) has the highest met office warning
  • Gingerbread'Gingerbread' Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    alcockell wrote: »
    To that person in COunry Durham - PLEASE stop saying you want more... I don't, cos I plan to put in more orders after payday to get another case or 3 of Stoats porridge down...

Snow is coming down fast - we're getting each burst in Reading in between the M5 getting it and Heathrow suffering it...

Looks like I'll be working from home for a good few weeks into the new year...

Just blow some of it up into the direction of the North East! we are being completely left out!!
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    It is not too bad here just been to shops and did sstart feeling colder as I was on my way home I have no plans to venture out for the rest of the day. I am making myself feel better by looking at random Candian city forecasts Brrrrrrrrrrr!!! now that is cold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    I'm sooooooooooo pissed off.

I'm in Durham for Christmas this year and we have like half a cm on the ground if that. Yet only three weeks ago it was about 3 foot deep! :(

I so hope the County Durham area gets some snow before Xmas day.

I'm in Darlington and there's been no snow whatsoever this time round, whereas a few weeks ago there was about 2ft of the stuff. :(

Fingers crossed we get some. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here in Herts it has been -4.5° all day today. At 8am it was -8°. Yesterday we got up to 1.5°. At least we haven't had any more snow.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I'm sooooooooooo pissed off.

I'm in Durham for Christmas this year and we have like half a cm on the ground if that. Yet only three weeks ago it was about 3 foot deep! :(

I so hope the County Durham area gets some snow before Xmas day.
    Im sick of the snow and I dont think you must live in Durham if you want more

It was only the end of last week that I could get out of my back street

I have a life and job and when it snows its difficult to get on with a normal life

Its very selfish to want snow, I have elderly parents who need medication and when its snowing its very difficlut for the district nurse to get to them

Living in a village is no fun when you are snowed up
    Forum Member
    EuroChris wrote: »
    I'm in Darlington and there's been no snow whatsoever this time round, whereas a few weeks ago there was about 2ft of the stuff. :(

Fingers crossed we get some. :p
    I dont think peope on Teeside would like anymore

they have had a canny snowfall over the weekend

I cant understand people who want more snow
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in west Cornwall and the only snow I've seen today is the occasional little bit that's remained from the end of last week. We had some flurries yesterday but it was too warm for anything to stick.

Roads are clear, no ice as far as I know, and no traffic problems.

:D
  • TheBillyTheBilly Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Look at the temps for 5pm. :eek:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/observations/

Better get some taps running.
    Forum Member
    -6 here at the moment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -6 here at the moment

-4.7°

You win
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been snowing here in Wolves since 3pm and i got caught in it too :( no sign of it stopping either
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .....and still no snow here in north cornwall!:rolleyes:
  • chebbychebby Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    -6 here at the moment

'Slaps' , did your Mum and Dad get back OK?
  • EiraEira Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My dad has just taken 6 hours 30 minutes to travel 4.7 miles. A journey that usually takes 15ish minutes.

I'm currently listening to a local radio station that is telling of people's rush hour expeditions home. Seriously, expeditions. They've got people who left work at 11am this morning to do a 12 mile trip home who still aren't anywhere near home.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    elke21 wrote: »
    Here in Herts it has been -4.5° all day today. At 8am it was -8°. Yesterday we got up to 1.5°. At least we haven't had any more snow.

I set off last night from Hemel Hempstead back to London and the temp on the car thingy was -14.5 :eek: This was at midnight. Never seen it that low before. Hertfordshire is frozen solid. It was like a feezer last night.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    I set off last night from Hemel Hempstead back to London and the temp on the car thingy was -14.5 :eek: This was at midnight. Never seen it that low before. Hertfordshire is frozen solid. It was like a feezer last night.
    When i finished work at 10:00pm last night the car was saying -9
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, I can vouch for Herts being frozen.
    I had ice inside my bedroom window, and that is with central heating on. Ok, I have thick curtains, which don't let a lot of heat out, but nevertheless....
    My car was frozen shut. Icicles from the roof are over 2ft long.
  • moogestermoogester Posts: 15,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snowing in North Kent - again! :(
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    send all your snow to me please, i still havent had any:D:D
This discussion has been closed.