Christmas TV Adverts 2012

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    OK...i'll admit my hearing is shocking, but I was forced to turn on the subtitles for the Boots Christmas ad to hear what the girl who got presented with some makeup said. Apparently it is 'let's blag our way into that fancy hotel'. The first time I saw it, I was convinced that the the second word she said was actually one that begins with 'b' and rhymes with mugger...meaning that her mooted method of entry into said fancy hotel would be slightly...er...unorthodox!

Being from NI I can usually tune into a Scottish accent straight away, but this one had me scratching my head for a while...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geos wrote: »
    Love the John Lewis & Debenhams ones, they just give off a nice lovely warm festive feeling, the Iceland one is surprisingly not that awful and nice to see Boots have finally and hopefully moved on from the tired "here come the girls" rubbish.

The Asda one is just bandwagon jumping sexist nonsense, The "Hero" mum and the useless men, *yawn yawn yawn* The Morrisons' advert is truly dreadful, Grim is a word that springs to mind, yet again with the ""Hero" mum but this time with a face so miserable you would never want to celebrate Xmas again.

I hate both the Asda and Morrisons adverts too:mad: