Options

Corrie- Deirdre Week Starting 6-07-2015- Emotional Episodes

Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From tomorrow night will see the start of a fortnight of heartbreaking and devastating episodes to watch. Saying farewell to Deirdre a legend of Coronation Street for over forty years. Lets hope the cast and crew give Anne Kirkbride a good send off that she truly deserves.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    I agree & I think the rest of the cast will keep Mr Blackburn right on this one & make sure it's done in a fitting way for both the love they, and we as viewers, had for Anne Kirkbride, and also the love the street characters had for Deirdre as a character!!

My one plea is that this forum doesn't descend into a 'let's all feel sorry for Tracy' party!! I fon't think I could stomach it!!
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure they'll do it justice. I know some forum members will be waiting to pounce on Blackburn if it isn't exactly how they wanted it but let's remember that Anne's family are happy with it so that's the main thing.

I really want a three-hander with Ken, Tracy and Peter when he returns though.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next week is gonna be hard to watch. I think it's also when Tracey's change in character starts when she finds why her mother stayed away. Apparently this has a massive affect on her. I've never believed she is pure evil. Maybe alone in thinking that but that's what I believe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    so sad :(
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,651
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Next week is gonna be hard to watch. I think it's also when Tracey's change in character starts when she finds why her mother stayed away. Apparently this has a massive affect on her. I've never believed she is pure evil. Maybe alone in thinking that but that's what I believe.

Yes it will. I have surprised myself at how much her early death has affected me. Still find it hard to accept. :(
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »

Perhaps she will go to a more likeabe Tracey character, like the one originally played by Dawn Acton all those years ago.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,651
    Forum Member
    Perhaps she will go to a more likeabe Tracey character, like the one originally played by Dawn Acton all those years ago.

Actually I think that would be a shame - we need someone to hiss at, and Kate Ford plays the villain so well. But she never seems to get her comeuppance - that annoys me!
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Actually I think that would be a shame - we need someone to hiss at, and Kate Ford plays the villain so well. But she never seems to get her comeuppance - that annoys me!

I don't think her character will change that much but it will have an affect on her hearing what her mum thought of her. I think it's good that corrie are doing this.