Thunderbirds

zetorzetor Posts: 340
Forum Member
Just got around to watch Thunderbirds in HD recorded from ITV HD and all I got was the ITV HD logo, anyone know if it was shown at all?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zetor wrote: »
    Just got around to watch Thunderbirds in HD recorded from ITV HD and all I got was the ITV HD logo, anyone know if it was shown at all?

No it wasn't, see this post http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=31251578&postcount=1108

Useful thread to keep an eye on -What's on ITV HD

Rgds.

Les.
  • zetorzetor Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    savvy wrote: »
    No it wasn't, see this post http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=31251578&postcount=1108

Useful thread to keep an eye on -What's on ITV HD

Rgds.

Les.
    Thanks for the info.
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a failed recording as it wasn't shown in HD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwball wrote: »
    I got a failed recording as it wasn't shown in HD.

It would have failed if you set it up from the EPG to record in HD, and then it was only shown in SD; it doesn't default to recording in SD if the HD version isn't broadcast.

It treats the SD & HD broadcasts as Alternate Instances.

I can't remember, as I didn't set this up to record myself, but did it actually make it to the EPG with an HD icon shown, and available to record in HD?

If it was not on the EPG in HD, then this isn't the cause of your failed recording, if it was on the EPG, then the above explanation applies.

Rgds.

Les.
  • zetorzetor Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    It would have failed if you set it up from the EPG to record in HD, and then it was only shown in SD; it doesn't default to recording in SD if the HD version isn't broadcast.

I can't remember, as I didn't set this up to record myself, but did it actually make it to the EPG with an HD icon shown, and available to record in HD?

If it was not on the EPG in HD, then this isn't the cause of your failed recording, if it was on the EPG, then the above explanation applies.

Rgds.

Les.
    It was originally in the EPG with the option to record in HD and it did still record but I got 2 hours of the ITV HD logo.
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rgds.

Les.

The option to record in HD was on the EPG.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, jwball & zetor have different experiences here

jwball reports a failed recording, zetor reports recording the ITV HD logo for 2 hours.

I would have expected (and have experienced before), the failed recording when not broadcast in HD, having been set up as an HD Timer.

I can't explain the different results, unless they are Regional differences, as have been seen occasionally before with HD flags being present/missing ........:confused:

Rgds.

Les.