What comic/graphic novel are you reading right now?

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good find!

I re-read that recently, while going through my collection of Bat-books.

My most recent read was the complete "Batman: Hush" TPB.

Next up is "Watchmen".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Good find!

Next up is "Watchmen".

Batman: Hush is very very good. I loved reading that.

As part of the RIP storyline, the Hush story was a lot better than the one featured in Batman. He's a great character.
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mate is giving me Death in the Family next week. Trying to get a hold of Hush off of someone too.

I'm currently working my way through the JLA books. I'm on #4 atm, but I already read #6 and #7. Tower of Babel was recommended to me, I really liked it, so I decided to just do the whole of the JLA set.

I've also got Wonder Woman: Love & Murder, and Who Is Wonder Woman? to get through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Batman: Haunted Knight. A quid from our library... hard back too. OK so far, nothing to get too excited about though.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Good find!

Next up is "Watchmen".
    I enjoyed Hush a lot. And Watchmen is great, of course.

What I'm reading at the mo is Justice, Volume III.

Next on my list is Batman: Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader? Has anyone here read it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »

Next on my list is Batman: Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader? Has anyone here read it?

No but what it is, I know that.

It's the follow on from the Batman: RIP collection about the ongoings in Gotham after the disappearance of Bruce Wayne/Batman after all that occurred in Final Crisis and Batman: RIP.

I am going to read it eventually, once I have found it at a good solid price.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »

How's Justice? I'm planning on grabbing it soon, just need to find the first volume at a decent price!
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Currently reading Lost Girls, which is certainly a unique experience...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I just read the new League of Extraoridany Gentlemen: Century 1910. It was great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Haven't started, but about to start invincible vol 4 (Hardcover, so it must be vols 7&8 as others may know it) and then the walking dead vol 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just read the new League of Extraoridany Gentlemen: Century 1910. It was great.

I have got to get this. I love the whole premise behind League so I know I'd enjoy it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    flakmagnet wrote: »
    Haven't started, but about to start invincible vol 4 (Hardcover, so it must be vols 7&8 as others may know it) and then the walking dead vol 1.

Kirkman rocks in these books - which is why Wolf-Man is such a let down really. I loved TechJacket though - and I can't see why people never picked it up.

I've just finished Doktor Sleepless volume 1 - an absolutely cracking read and a perfect example of the greatness that is Warren Ellis!!!
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    It was good, almost a bit too clever with its literary references. I'm reasonably well read but I was struggling with some. Of course there was one scene which was very shocking. Still makes me sad thinking about it! :(
  • Dave1979Dave1979 Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently reading Lost Girls, which is certainly a unique experience...

I am always a bit hesitant to say that I loved it due to the content. I got the big hardcover, 3 book collection as a present. Alan Moore is certainly a character!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Yeah, unique is one way to describe that book!!! LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Y-Last-Man-Deluxe-Bk/dp/1848560176/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255912151&sr=8-3-spell

Definitely the best comic book there is. Feels more like a graphic novel, given its 60-issue run, but it's very very very good.

Also, Deadpool.
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would really like graphic novels, but one aspect, for me, makes them unreadable. The publishers put random dialogue words in bold, wbhich I can not help stressing in my mind as I read, and because they are random it makes no sense. Anybody know why they do it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ I've never known that to happen. The emphasis is usually appropriate. But then I only read Vertigo and Marvel/Icon, so maybe it's a DC thing. I've noticed that a lot of post-teen readers are into DC, which astounds me.
  • nainznainz Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read Jonah Hex and the current IDW GI Joe universe (which is a really solid story line incorporating the main/origins/cobra series) try to keep up with The Simpsons and Futurama when I can. Plus I'm not a Cpt America fan but have been keeping an eye on the Ultimate Avengers series as Ultimate Red Skull story has started off really strongly. Oh and the current Aliens and Predator comix, but there a bit of the same old from the 90's with out any real feel for the original films.

I have enjoyed the Criminal series, Northlanders and the 2 Scarface comix recenty.

Next up I'm going to try and get through the IDW Transformers Gen 1 stuff as if its like the GI Joe stuff it should be really good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read GL Rebirth yesterday. It was pretty interesting, I'm just getting started on GL.

Also going through The Kingdom now, it seems like it'll be packing a lot of meat.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fables, Volume 10 - The Good Prince.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PR0J3CT wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Y-Last-Man-Deluxe-Bk/dp/1848560176/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255912151&sr=8-3-spell

Definitely the best comic book there is. Feels more like a graphic novel, given its 60-issue run, but it's very very very good.

Also, Deadpool.

Really enjoyed Y: The last man, Read them last year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    It's tough to afford comics these days, which is why I generally stick to the trade paperbacks. Any new recommendations for a fan of Alan Moore and Vertigo-type books?
  • BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just finished Invincible Ironman: Worlds Most Wanted pt 1 & Invincible Ironman: The Five Nightmares. Both were really good. I have been going through an Ironman Blitz this past year and bought everything IM related since Extremis.
    Next I will be re-reading Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's been a while since I last read it, but I am more of a Marvel reader than a DC one.
  • constantineconstantine Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boys-Name-Game-v/dp/1845764943/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260359830&sr=8-6
    Just started reading The Boys by Garth Ennis, highly recommended.
    I noticed they were on offer so bought the first couple and waiting on the rest to come through.