Edinburgh hogmanay street party

TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
Forum Member
I have a question, I booked my tickets 3 weeks ago and I can only collect tickets today (there was no option to collect before).

I went up to the box office about an hour ago and the queue had no end, it looked like it would be midnight before anyone joining at the back would get their tickets. It's open til 9 pm so I'm going to head up about 8 hoping that the queue will be shorter by then.

Does anyone have experience of collecting their tickets? What if the queue is over an hour long when I get there at 8?

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends if they have a policy of shutting shop bang on 9pm regardless of a queue. To be honest I'd have stayed in the queue at 4pm. I bet you'd have the tickets by now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    The que's are poorly thought out, every year they come up with new ways to get the waiting time down, but it easily takes over an hour to get them, loads of que jumpers and as usual you get to the front and there's only 2 people serving!
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I went back and there was barely a queue for collection so I was happy.

I think its really poor service that you could ONLY go today to get your tickets, why can't people who bought them in advance go to collect them in advance to avoid the queues? Or if they don't want to man a shop then just post them out?
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the big problem? You went back and queued for a minimal time and got your tickets?
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so, was it any good?
  • davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TYCO wrote: »
    if they don't want to man a shop then just post them out?

The original plan had been to post them out, but give the weather-related delays they thought it safer to give them out on the day rather than have them stuck in the mail.