Ashley's race

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god.

AT WHAT POINT, DID IT EVER MATTER? Who cares?

OP wanted to know his race. He's mixed race and his father's side is Jamaican. It's quite a simple question and requires quite a simple answer.

It doesn't matter here, but then again neither do you.

LOL :D
    And there endith the lesson. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His Achievements

Olympics London 2012 Team GB representative

World Cup United Kingdom 2011 Gold

European Cup Germany 2011 Gold

World Cup Poland 2011 Gold

European U23 Championships Various 2011

Senior British Open United Kingdom 2010 British Champion

Senior British Open United Kingdom 2009 British Champion

British Judo Association Annual Awards United Kingdom 2009 British Junior Male of the Year

U23 European Championships Various 2009 Bronze

Senior British Open United Kingdom 2008 British Champion

European Junior Championships Various 2007 Bronze

Perhaps you would like to list your achievements for comparison ?

VERY impressive. it speaks for itself
  • IrishGrannyIrishGranny Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think it's annoying when people try and make out someone is racist just coz they are curious about someone's race. I am also curious about Ash, as he does seem a little more than just part black/part white.

But this insinuation that someone is racist or making an issue out of race if someone is curious, really pisses me off. The uber PC brigade do my nut in. That is the reason I left the last forum I was a regular on.. Full of crotchety post menopausal left wing women who cooked from scratch, didn't have a telly, hated Christmas and the Royals, and jumped on you from a great height if you DARED to not follow their leftie views!

Lol I am menopausal and would be regarded as left-wing and I'm the one who's been called a racist. Be careful or I might call you an ageist, misogynist wee shite! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol I am menopausal and would be regarded as left-wing and I'm the one who's been called a racist. Be careful or I might call you an ageist, misogynist wee shite! :D

Ooops sorry. :o There are exceptions to the rule of course! :D I don't mean to make sweeping generalisations, but this is how 80% of the female posters were on the other site. That is why I left. I was just outnumbered. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Whatever the race he won't win a medal.

lol.. who is he, someone mentioned olympic medal ?

err, ive googled him , didnt really wanna see his face again :(
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You got in before me. That man has sure put his two left feet in it! :D
  • JelakinsJelakins Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His Achievements

Olympics London 2012 Team GB representative

World Cup United Kingdom 2011 Gold

European Cup Germany 2011 Gold

World Cup Poland 2011 Gold

European U23 Championships Various 2011

Senior British Open United Kingdom 2010 British Champion

Senior British Open United Kingdom 2009 British Champion

British Judo Association Annual Awards United Kingdom 2009 British Junior Male of the Year

U23 European Championships Various 2009 Bronze

Senior British Open United Kingdom 2008 British Champion

European Junior Championships Various 2007 Bronze

Perhaps you would like to list your achievements for comparison ?

Love that!!! Say it again!!! :D
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he doesnt look like the average half white black person but he is indeed his mum is white english and his dad is a light skinned black jamaican man who most likely has non black ancestry, his dad is a rastafarian as well. this was all in his documentary.

also mc harvey almost has the same heritage as me funny enough. his mum is mixed race half english and sierra leonean and his dad is of jamaican descent. with me my mum is half english and half liberian and my dad sierra leonean, i never meet people with my heritage lol.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    he doesnt look like the average half white black person but he is indeed his mum is white english and his dad is a light skinned black jamaican man who most likely has non black ancestry, his dad is a rastafarian as well. this was all in his documentary.

also mc harvey almost has the same heritage as me funny enough. his mum is mixed race half english and sierra leonean and his dad is of jamaican descent. with me my mum is half english and half liberian and my dad sierra leonean, i never meet people with my heritage lol.

What a great mix gentle guy. Lucky you.

Somehow we have got to get over this idea that being interested in someone's features or skin tone is racist. It should be the same as accents, as in "That's an unusual accent, where is it from?"
    Now I'm an odd mix. not that you can see it straight away .(but IrishGranny will understand.) My father is the son and nephew of four 'Black and Tans', ('Viking-lookalike' Scots with whitish fair hair and blue eyes). My mother's family are 'dark Irish' from Waterford, near black/brown eyes and thick, glossy black hair.
    I got the blonde hair but the dark eyes, and fair skin that then tans easily dark brown, like my mother's.
    These are just genetic traits, liked gentle guy's unusual and interesting heritage. It's not racism to discuss them, unless you are using it to discriminate, which is certainly not what the OP or Irish Granny has done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    List of that poster's achievements for comparison?

1) Posting a load of ignorant shite on here.

MargMck wrote: »
    Somehow we have got to get over this idea that being interested in someone's features or skin tone is racist.
    Hmm, dunno, it's boring how obsessed the Americans are with it. How do you do, I'm half Spanish Polish Cherokee Irish, ie: not worth talking about really. Happy medium I guess,
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    Why do you care?

Why do you care if somebody asks? Is the question by its very nature insidious or something, and thus taboo? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    The guy with the dreads wasn't his dad. I'm not sure if it's his grandfather or some random guy :D but it's definitely not his dad.

it was his dad that was the whole point in him going to the house i remember clearly, he lived with his mother though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a great mix gentle guy. Lucky you.

Somehow we have got to get over this idea that being interested in someone's features or skin tone is racist. It should be the same as accents, as in "That's an unusual accent, where is it from?"
    Now I'm an odd mix. not that you can see it straight away .(but IrishGranny will understand.) My father is the son and nephew of four 'Black and Tans', ('Viking-lookalike' Scots with whitish fair hair and blue eyes). My mother's family are 'dark Irish' from Waterford, near black/brown eyes and thick, glossy black hair.
    I got the blonde hair but the dark eyes, and fair skin that then tans easily dark brown, like my mother's.
    These are just genetic traits, liked gentle guy's unusual and interesting heritage. It's not racism to discuss them, unless you are using it to discriminate, which is certainly not what the OP or Irish Granny has done.

hi there you are totally right and it annoys me whn i see the usual comments about how it doesnt matter. thanks for educating me about black and tans and dark irish, ive heard those terms before and always wondered what they were i love discussing heritage of people its a lovely thing maybe because i have such a mixed background thats why.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi there you are totally right and it annoys me whn i see the usual comments about how it doesnt matter. thanks for educating me about black and tans and dark irish, ive heard those terms before and always wondered what they were i love discussing heritage of people its a lovely thing maybe because i have such a mixed background thats why.

Black and Tans were paramilitaries (my ancestors were ex-soldiers from Scotland), recruited to subdue Irish revolution. They had a harsh reputation and were hated by many Irish people, hence my father joining a family who would have detested his relatives was an unlikely marriage. Dark, or sometimes called 'Black Irish' have glamorous looks, possibly from Spanish heritage. Colin Farrell is an example.
  • TeekyPieTeekyPie Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for god's sake. Can't find the original troll's post (hopefully it has been removed) to quote it. People discuss all kinds of things about the housemates on here, relevant or not.

They also said that the OP could have easily googled to find out. I had actually already googled to find out whether Ashley is mixed race because forum members on here constantly attack the way he speaks and say "why do youths talk like they are black when they're not", I was about to defend him and say I think he is part black himself but wanted to be sure first - and Google was not able to tell me his heritage.

And on the subject of his accent, people need to stop being ignorant, like this clever person pointed out:
    striing wrote: »
    He's a Londoner of dual heritage. But the reason for the way he speaks isn't so much his ancestry as where he lives. He speaks something called multicultural London English. It's been around so long that it's taught as an accent by voices coaches just like any other now.

So like it or not, race becomes relevant sometimes in discussion. Doesn't mean we are racist. It is more racist to assume someone's heritage because of the way they look and make all kinds of silly assumptions (e.g he's a "plastic gangster" pretending to be black :rolleyes:) and not ask first.

I'm a mix of russian and irish and I live in london and literally every time i go out about 2 or 3 people ask me what country i'm from because of the way i look. Is it relevant? No. Does it make them racist? No. Do i get offended? No. and I know Ashley would not consider it racist either
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeekyPie wrote: »
    Oh for god's sake. Can't find the original troll's post (hopefully it has been removed) to quote it. People discuss all kinds of things about the housemates on here, relevant or not.

They also said that the OP could have easily googled to find out. I had actually already googled to find out whether Ashley is mixed race because forum members on here constantly attack the way he speaks and say "why do youths talk like they are black when they're not", I was about to defend him and say I think he is part black himself but wanted to be sure first - and Google was not able to tell me his heritage.

And on the subject of his accent, people need to stop being ignorant, like this clever person pointed out:

So like it or not, race becomes relevant sometimes in discussion. Doesn't mean we are racist. It is more racist to assume someone's heritage because of the way they look and make all kinds of silly assumptions (e.g he's a "plastic gangster" pretending to be black :rolleyes:) and not ask first.

I'm a mix of russian and irish and I live in london and literally every time i go out about 2 or 3 people ask me what country i'm from because of the way i look. Is it relevant? No. Does it make them racist? No. Do i get offended? No. and I know Ashley would not consider it racist either

Great post. Open fascination with difference, and appreciation of it on discovering what makes us what we are is not racism, which relies on ignorance to feed its ugliness,
    it's the opposite.
  • MrJamGdMrJamGd Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This sort of thing is so interesting. My dad is jamaican and my mum's half ghanaian and half german, i think harvey is the first other person i've heard of who is half carribean, a quarter african and a quarter european, it's just interesting to know.

I think it's important to be curious about peoples' heritage so you can find out about different countries etc and the idea that exercising natural human curiosity by asking a question should be seen as racist is insulting in itself. I take an interest in my own heritage so why not take an interest in other peoples :)
  • lexicalsavantelexicalsavante Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Certainly not an Olympic one, that's for sure. He lacks the discipline or dedication.

whereas you are a perfectly disciplined,world class athlete aren't you??rofl,your arrogance and ignorance is astounding.If he can win a world championship,he can win an olympic medal.i can almost smell the rotting microwave meals and maccy d's coming from your keyboard.lol
  • DevonDevon Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (wiki ) McKenzie was born in Willesden, Queen’s Park, London. He has been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
    Forum Member
    kebab72 wrote: »
    VERY impressive. it speaks for itself

oh miles,where is your expert testimony regarding his ability to win medals now?Like i said,ASTOUNDING IGNORANCE
  • premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aah Doddies Have Doddies.

Stop your Guardian yoghurt knitting crap excusing Ashleys behaviour.

You are condoning something which is not in any way related to his 'illness'

Ok, ok, ok, o.shag,.....shit...I have tourettes

He has no DVLD and is just using it for ill intelligence and an excuse to blame his drunken, violent actions on something that the yogurt knitters can use to keep him funded.

He has been seen now & I fear that he has been found out.

All stupid is not ADHD, he's just thick with a feeling of privilege which will bite him on the arse.

This guy will never win an Olympic medal.
  • SCOUSE-DUDESCOUSE-DUDE Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laugh at the people who used this thread to post negativity, seriously what is the point.
  • SCOUSE-DUDESCOUSE-DUDE Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    premixxed wrote: »

He has no DVLD and is just using it for ill intelligence and an excuse to blame his drunken, violent actions on something that the yogurt knitters can use to keep him funded.

All stupid is not ADHD, he's just thick with a feeling of privilege which will bite him on the arse.

Pahahaha because you're so sure.
    Forum Member
    premixxed wrote: »

so is your stupidity(i.e"all stupid is not ADHD)ADHD or just stupidity?:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Black and Tans were paramilitaries (my ancestors were ex-soldiers from Scotland), recruited to subdue Irish revolution. They had a harsh reputation and were hated by many Irish people, hence my father joining a family who would have detested his relatives was an unlikely marriage. Dark, or sometimes called 'Black Irish' have glamorous looks, possibly from Spanish heritage. Colin Farrell is an example.

yes colin is a great example and i suspect cheryl cols family is too i know shes from newcastle but her mother i hear is of irish descent.