Options

The Syndicate - series 3 9pm 2nd June start

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it [not as much as the previous 2] and as I said, wouldn't have been so bad if the ending was better. I think even if I hadn't seen the previous two, it would still have been a let down

As somebody earlier mentioned, Amy wasn't very likable so it was difficult to have much sympathy or empathy for her.

How many of us like a spoilt teenager that likes to sleep around and has no respect for their parents ?
  • Options
    ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Redcarman wrote: »
    Thank you Phil ...
    I was beginning to think that I was the only one in the country who actually enjoyed it ...

Switching the brain off and just sitting watching something is sometimes the best way to enjoy it ...
    Still no news on the " spin--off" though ..
    I live in hopes ..!!:D

Well, here is another one who enjoyed it, so you are definitely not alone. I did not really care that the plot was full of holes.
    So maybe it was rubbish but enjoyable rubbish in my opinion...
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did laugh at the bit where all those stately home visiting randomners were all 'wow Sarah, that picture of Lady thingy looks just like you, it's uncanny!'

Yet Lord H had never noticed this once in 20 odd years and then done a bit of obvious mental arithmetic :D
  • Options
    Karen_Grant_WasKaren_Grant_Was Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    ChrissieAO wrote: »
    Well, here is another one who enjoyed it, so you are definitely not alone. I did not really care that the plot was full of holes.
    So maybe it was rubbish but enjoyable rubbish in my opinion...

i enjoyed it too and thought it was better than the second one , only bit that ruined it for me was the last episode with all the amy rubbish apart from that I liked it
  • Options
    sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i enjoyed it too and thought it was better than the second one , only bit that ruined it for me was the last episode with all the amy rubbish apart from that I liked it

I would watch it all again just to see the gorgeous Richard Rankin.
  • Options
    ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member

And the lovely Anthony Andrews. I used to love him in 'Danger UXB'...that's showing my age!
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh now that was an excellent series! :)
  • Options
    GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think I'd even sit through an episode of Hollyoaks if he was in it :D
  • Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just caught up with the last episode as I was on holiday last week.

Are we to assume that Nick was shot by Amy's dad ? He said that was the truth, yet we didn't really see any conclusion to that.

It annoys me that the money that Amy & the American chap have swindled is Godrey's. No amount of giving him a fiancée with pots of cash will make that sit right. I assume we were supposed to feel pleased that Spencer was swindled, but ultimately the money was Godrey's and Amy knew that and even though they were supposed to be friends she still stole his money.

The ending wasn't very satisfying, even ignoring any plot holes. With plot holes that big through the rest of the series, they could have had a magnificently outrageous ending, but it all felt rather lack lustre
  • Options
    MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 4 starts 30th March... probably needs a new thread.
  • Options
    Pixiecat65Pixiecat65 Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Needs new thread but I can’t wait so I’ll start one 😜
  • Options
    MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixiecat65 wrote: »
    Needs new thread but I can’t wait so I’ll start one 😜

I would've done it but don't really want all the notifications!