ED- Big Spoiler!

snoozefoozesnoozefooze Posts: 103
Forum Member
So the stunt is Emmerdale confirms explosive helicopter crash on Debbie and Pete's wedding day

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a661144/emmerdale-confirms-explosive-helicopter-crash-on-debbie-and-petes-wedding-day.html#~pk4RH3ivWn2sK4

omggg! I can't wait to watch this!

Comments

• wwinterjwwinterj Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to watching it but the chain of events that happen sound funny on paper.
    The whole canister hitting the helicopter thing.
    Still should be good. If I had to take a guess Pete will defiantly die.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Wow sounds amazing!
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for this, why can't it be Monday already.
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a soap it certainly sounds impressive and compulsive viewing..looking forward to Monday..
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wwinterj wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to watching it but the chain of events that happen sound funny on paper.

From what I've heard I don't think Pete will die....
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This does sound really good and knowing ED it will be done to perfection. When I read about this yesterday the first thing that came to mind was how similar to the awful crash in Glasgow it is and it appears I'm not the only one with those thoughts. Many people are saying it is bad taste/timing as we are getting close to the anniversary of the event itself and many still remember the horrors of that day.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the first soap helicopter crash (Brookside, 2002):
    https://youtu.be/mf_4T2VEw34?t=49

Some of the CGI looks terrible now!
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could he brilliant. Can't wait to see the week of Tradegy in Emmerdale
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the first soap helicopter crash (Brookside, 2002):
    https://youtu.be/mf_4T2VEw34?t=49

Some of the CGI looks terrible now!

I remember them saying that they used a real helicopter for that stunt so they could only do it in one take.

Since its Emmerdale though they're the best at soap stunts so I hope this is really good!
  • Cheekymonkey09Cheekymonkey09 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for this, sounds amazing :)
  • eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wwinterj wrote: »

Judging by his interview where he says he will get darker and so on, I'm guessing he don't die
  • eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think emmerdale have missed a trick by revealing this, people will talk about the stunt but had it been left to broadcasting then t would have been more shocking and surprising and would be remembered for longer, eastenders to shock surprises very well and emmerdale could have made this epic but they are revealing way too much the only shocks no one knows yet is who will die
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    I think emmerdale have missed a trick by revealing this, people will talk about the stunt but had it been left to broadcasting then t would have been more shocking and surprising and would be remembered for longer, eastenders to shock surprises very well and emmerdale could have made this epic but they are revealing way too much the only shocks no one knows yet is who will die

It was inevitable to leak out though. The whole helicopter stuff was already "out there" it just wasn't completely public knowledge.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where exactly is the Village Hall, its not a set they use regularly is it.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorrento wrote: »
    From what I've heard I don't think Pete will die....

I hope he doesn't. I am in the minority, but I like Pete. I think he is a good character.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Where exactly is the Village Hall, its not a set they use regularly is it.

Wasn't there an event there recently that Laurel was drunk at? It's not a very regularly used set but it pops up every few months I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Gutted they've revealed this - and in such detail too! Why not just leave it until transmission? They've already made it clear that next week is a big week and there's something big happening, so why not just surprise the viewers?! If it's to tempt in more viewers, again it would have had more impact to just let this happen unexpectedly and then the figures for catch up and the following episodes would have been through the roof from word of mouth/social media etc. By revealing it now and releasing all these photos people will already decide whether to watch or not and the inevitable comparisons to the plane crash will have already started. I'm really gutted I know what's coming. I was excited for these episodes and the not knowing - but now it's expected I'm a bit deflated with it.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted they've revealed this - and in such detail too! Why not just leave it until transmission? They've already made it clear that next week is a big week and there's something big happening, so why not just surprise the viewers?! If it's to tempt in more viewers, again it would have had more impact to just let this happen unexpectedly and then the figures for catch up and the following episodes would have been through the roof from word of mouth/social media etc. By revealing it now and releasing all these photos people will already decide whether to watch or not and the inevitable comparisons to the plane crash will have already started. I'm really gutted I know what's coming. I was excited for these episodes and the not knowing - but now it's expected I'm a bit deflated with it.

Agreed fully:(. Why say anything at all? It was not knowing that made it exciting. Why would they keep it so quiet all this time then spoil it?:( I'm just hoping there's more to it that their not mentioning at all.
  • Final TerrorFinal Terror Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They left it as late as they could.... It was probably a case of tell us some that's happening, or the papers would anyway.
    I don't think we have even half of what's happening revealed, and I can't wait.
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They left it as late as they could.... It was probably a case of tell us some that's happening, or the papers would anyway.
    I don't think we have even half of what's happening revealed, and I can't wait.
    This - I think a LOT has been kept back with this. Yeah, we know there's now a helicopter involved and that's what connects the scrapyard incident to the village hall but that's all.

There are teasers regarding the fairground itself being damaged (the set designer talking about having to construct a ride to be damaged) and it looks like the helicopter crashes on Tuesday but there is more disaster to come. We can't rule out the sinkhole rumour coming true on the Thursday. The helicopter will undoubtedly explode on Wednesday which could take down the fairground.

I don't think we know half of what's happening next week.

Very excited for the week ahead.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch Emmerdale but I will be tuning in for this, I love a good soap stunt but being team Eastenders I rarely get to see any and if the tories get there way its even less chance of one happening.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harriet . Finn. Kerry??. Ruby? Joanie to die.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they shouldn't have revealed this.

Although I'm SO EXCITED.

They should of released pictures of things thou but hinting
  • Hotton BotheredHotton Bothered Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Chrissie bringing down a helicopter with a ground to air missile should be spectacular.
    Even Lachlan's never done anything that naughty.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice the Sun are making out to be unbelievable.

I notice the farm, and around where the Dingles live seem to be unaffacted again.