Options

Party Animals - BBC 2 Wednesday @ 9pm

FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
Forum Member
✭✭✭
:) I just happend to have left the t.v on and saw this brand new series show start.

Did anyone else it tonight, I thought it was fairly good. Enjoyed death scene and Scott breaking into tears with Anikisha - not sure if i spelt that right.

:)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed it. Enough so that I will give it a few more episodes. However, I will always think of Raquel Cassidy as Susan from Teachers (Not a bad thing mind). Plus, anything series that uses the song An Ending by Brian Eno can't be all that bad.
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best things I have watched in a long time. I hope it is as good every week. It has a 'House of Cards' feel about it.

Loving Danny. The best looking geek ever.
  • Options
    jamiesdjamiesd Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is this repeated?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed this last night. Is it on again before next week's episode?
  • Options
    GeejaayGeejaay Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this was excellent and will definitely be back next week. I've always liked Raquel Cassidy - she was very good recently in Lead Balloon. I though the rest of the cast held up very well too - they seemed to be a bunch of relative unknowns in the main.

Nancy Banks-Smith, who I usually trust implicitly, seems a bit down on it. It's not a completely negative review however, and I supose I can see her point. As ever her review's pithy and witty and worth a read....http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv_and_radio/story/0,,2003135,00.html

I've checked the Radio Times website and bizarrely there's no sign of a repeat anywhere. If it had been on BBC3 or BBC4 however....!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it and thought the acting was very good, looking forward to the next episode.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it for its characterisations, quality of production, wit and plot development - the accident outside the pub took me completely by surprise and I realise I was fully engaged - but I have known a number of MP's researchers and this was so glamorised and such a 2-D plastic version of Westminster as to be unintentionally comic.

It did poorly in the ratings with only 1.3m viewers and a 6% share - seems the UK is just not interested in anything to do with party politics at the moment - and who could blame them?
  • Options
    DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geejaay wrote:
    I've checked the Radio Times website and bizarrely there's no sign of a repeat anywhere. If it had been on BBC3 or BBC4 however....!

Rats.....I was watching The Lost Room on Sky and just assumed that Party Animals would be repeated on 3, after all every other show ricochets between 2 and 3 like a ping-pong ball. Maybe it will get a full repeat when the series ends.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, I will have to pick up from Episode 2 next week then!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,565
    Forum Member
    Its repeated on the 4th feb at 10pm.
    I recorded it on hd and thought it got off to a promising start.
    Had a Hotel Babylon feel about i though.
    Definately give a few more episodes.
    I have to admit that until i watched it i thought it was going to be about social parties rather than policital type parties lol
    When i realised what it was an "oooohhhhh" situation. lol
  • Options
    GeejaayGeejaay Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daveetwo wrote:
    Its repeated on the 4th feb at 10pm.

Sorry, but I think that's only on the BBC HD channel (oooh, get you with your fancy HD :D )...I've looked again and I definitely can't see it anywhere else. It's a bit rubbish really.......complain :Dhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/home/feedback/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,565
    Forum Member
    Geejaay wrote:
    Sorry, but I think that's only on the BBC HD channel (oooh, get you with your fancy HD :D )...I've looked again and I definitely can't see it anywhere else. It's a bit rubbish really.......complain :Dhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/home/feedback/
    Your quite right when i checked i didnt notice it was hd only.
    What a pity ive not fathomed out how to copy a recorded program on the pvr to a dvd recorder.
  • Options
    James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it as well, once again Patrick Balidi is in something good after the much better Bodies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the first episode too.
  • Options
    FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets hope the quality of it all continues throughout the series... and hopefully we get more series.

Mind you I was a bit dissapointed on all the sex and sexual remarks in it...back everything up... :p

More visual sex...

I'm sure that would annoy author of theres "Too much nudity on TV" hehe :D
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recorded it and tried watching today. Managed about fifteen minutes, then deleted it. Just really irritating. Good drama doesn't have to spell things out the way this did.
  • Options
    SmeggypantsSmeggypants Posts: 16,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am in LUUUURVE with Ashika ( Shelley Conn )

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one still enjoying this?
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    orpheus wrote:

No, I've stuck with it, quite intrigued to see what will happen. It is dying in the ratings though so will end up on the scrapheap of political drama.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    orpheus wrote:

No, I'm still enjoying it a lot.

Does anyone know how many more episodes to go?
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    I relly like it too, though seems I am in the extreme minority, ratings are dreadful.

It is a bit senstaionalised but good acting and well directed.

Hope it doesn't get put into a graveyard slot as the viewers diminish further.

It gets so little publicity I'm not surprised it's done badly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    duncann wrote:
    It is dying in the ratings though so will end up on the scrapheap of political drama.
    It probably will. It really annoys me when I find something (I consider) decent on TV only for it to be cancelled after the first season. And yet somehow 'My Hero' gets series after the series. I put up with enough Celebrity Pop Idols Dancing on Ice as far I am concerned. Maybe if you had the chance to vote out a character at the end of each episode it might get more viewers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boooo. Why did Scott shag Kirsty, am I the only one who finds Kirsty completely obnoxious?
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Harman wrote:
    Boooo. Why did Scott shag Kirsty, am I the only one who finds Kirsty completely obnoxious?

I do too.

G
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Well I'm still watching this and I think it's really good - has shades of Attachments/This Life but it's nice to see the main characters being mainly unknown actors. I think it's a shame it's not had more publicity - maybe it would have been better running this series over on BBC3 to start with ?