Options

Buying a LG 47LM620T this weekend, but which deal should I go for?

As the thread title says, I'm intending to purchase a LG 47LM620T this weekend however I'm a little bit undecided regarding where I should purchase it from.

The current deals that appeal to me the most are as follows:

PC World (£849, collect at store, comes with a 'free' LG 3D Blu Ray player) - I've got a blu ray player but not one that will play 3D discs, so it would be nice to have another device (in addition to Sky 3D & Xbox 360) that can take advantage of the LG 47LM620T's 3D display.

John Lewis (£849, collect at store, comes with a 'free' five year warranty) - to be honest I don't really believe in taking out extended warranties on tech but as it's included in the price here the additional peace of mind it would bring, should something go wrong, makes this worth considering.

Richer Sounds (£764.90 or £841.39 with 5 year warranty) - according to their website they'll beat the lowest price available in store or online (by a tenner:D) and also offer a five year warranty for 10% of the price you pay for the set.

Amazon (£774.90, including delivery) - this appears to be the cheapest option that I've seen but obviously there's no extended warranty or 3D Blu Ray player included.

Would really appreciate some feedback from DS members on which of the above appeals to them the most and if I've missed a deal that's better than those listed above then please let me know!!!

Cheers...

RB...

Comments

• Options
    Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    Robert Whyte - £714.99 + £29.99 del.

http://www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk/47lm620t-c-57-p-2690?utm_source=google&utm_medium=basefeed&utm_campaign=redback

I have ordered from them in the past and haggled a few more quid of what was the cheapest price on the net/high st.
  • Options
    iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If its something that you can't afford or would rather not replace if it goes wrong -- then get a 5 year guarantee deal . To use the 3d Bluray playback you also need the matching player ( sell old one on Ebay ? )
  • Options
    RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    iangrad wrote: »
    If its something that you can't afford or would rather not replace if it goes wrong -- then get a 5 year guarantee deal . To use the 3d Bluray playback you also need the matching player ( sell old one on Ebay ? )
    I've got the cash to pay for it but it's something I'd rather not have to worry about going wrong, whenever I've been offered extended warranties in the past they just haven't seemed worth the additional cost but in this case (considering the standalone price of the TV) the extra 10% does actually seem worthwhile as it would be nice to know that for the next five years I'm covered should something go wrong with the set.

Regarding 3D blu ray playback, I'm aware that I won't be able to use my existing blu ray player to play 3D blu ray discs but am I wrong to think that there won't be a problem playing 2D discs on this TV via the player I've got?

Also, when you say matching player, do you mean type or brand?
  • Options
    RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Deacon1972 wrote: »
    Robert Whyte - £714.99 + £29.99 del.

http://www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk/47lm620t-c-57-p-2690?utm_source=google&utm_medium=basefeed&utm_campaign=redback

I have ordered from them in the past and haggled a few more quid of what was the cheapest price on the net/high st.
    Compared with the ones on my short list, that's a great deal:cool:.

Won't be able to collect from store (I live just outside London) but even with the delivery cost it's still almost £30 cheaper than the Amazon price.

However, I can't see anything on the website regarding warrenties, is this something they offer (I would have assumed that they did)?