Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 96)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,944
    Forum Member
    I know this is stupid but i feel a bit heartbroken by all this..seeing people shipping Stug already really upset me..mainly cos i think this will destroy Brendan and Ste getting together...I don't think that ES whats to change Brendan in anyway..so Stug being really popular is perfect for her..:(

I've decided i'm going to jump off the ship and just be Team Brendan..cos i love him more then anything..I still want Ste to be with him but i'm going to try and not care either way cos it hurts to much...

I suppose we don't even know if Ste will be interested..but i'm just getting really pissed off by it all..

Hi. BIB - oh MissD :(

I think the prob is we all get too invested in it, a step back will prob do me good too.

Hope you feel a bit better soon - right I am off :)
  • misssdorianmisssdorian Posts: 12,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the reason its Doug has upset the most cos Doug is a popular character and i like him and Stug is so popular already.. unlike Noel who wasn't a threat Doug is....Im finding myself not liking him...:o
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I would Mishkar, it being Doug is what makes it so crappy for me.

I've always been team Brendan rather than a full on shipper but since Brendan is currently being wasted this has hit a bit harder.

Also it is just so emotionally manipulative, I don't know why but it honestly feels like they are cheating, messing us about for the sake of it, it has made me look at the whole program in a different light, it isn't just about Brendan and Ste it is about whether it is worth watching a program which seems to have so little respect for their viewers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the thing i'm trying to say is cos i'm a Brendan fan first and foremost I can't actively like anyone that Ste will be with unless its Brendan so the show is making me not like Doug...and i don't like that...i feel like i'm being played with and not in a good way..:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,753
    Forum Member
    After having a good night's sleep, I think I feel okay about It now. They should of had more build up but this Isn't the first time with Hollyoaks. I'm not feeling that negative anymore, I still think Stendan are endgame, but Hollysh*t It seems further away.. even further than Before. I'm Just sad that people are sad about it. The best thing to do Is see how it plays out. This is the most vital bit. Im more worried about Hollyoaks writers forgetting to write Ste's feelings for Brendan (not the first time) .
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I've decided i'm going to jump off the ship and just be Team Brendan..cos i love him more then anything..I still want Ste to be with him but i'm going to try and not care either way cos it hurts to much...

I suppose we don't even know if Ste will be interested..but i'm just getting really pissed off by it all..

missd! :( Yeah, I think this is how I'm dealing with it as well, to be Team Brendan, and detach a bit from the whole Ste thing, even though I love Ste and Doug as characters. I actually wish they had brought in a randomer for Ste, like a decent version of Noah, because at least then I could have kept the friendship with Doug.

But yeah, I'll watch tonight for some clues to see where it might be going. But I hate being manipulated too. :o
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I think the thing i'm trying to say is cos i'm a Brendan fan first and foremost I can't actively like anyone that Ste will be with unless its Brendan so the show is making me not like Doug...and i don't like that...i feel like i'm being played with and not in a good way..:(

I know what you mean. I know nothing's happened yet, but I already feel like Brendan's being shut out in a way. #maybeoverreacting
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    I don't think I would Mishkar, it being Doug is what makes it so crappy for me.

I've always been team Brendan rather than a full on shipper but since Brendan is currently being wasted this has hit a bit harder.

Also it is just so emotionally manipulative, I don't know why but it honestly feels like they are cheating, messing us about for the sake of it, it has made me look at the whole program in a different light, it isn't just about Brendan and Ste it is about whether it is worth watching a program which seems to have so little respect for their viewers.

I agree that Brendan is being wasted atm and it is frustrating that we have to sit through something that isn't believable. I have alot of respect for emmett with doing the best he can with the dialogue he's got atm but if he had someone to have more chemistry with it would make the storyline better. For me Joel is getting on me nerves.

I do agree that at some point we have been played with regarding Brendan and ste especially since ILY day. But if this wasn't going anywhere would they really show brendans feelings for nothing?! I understand that it's shown things in a new light and at times I have felt like throwing in the towel with this completely but sometimes we have to grow through bad times to get to the good stuff
  • Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even after sleeping on this, I don't feel any better. Last night, as amazingly acted as it was, to me, felt like a cheap and easy OMG Moment. It's like they don't even care about telling the story right. None of this works for me. Brendan already feels ruined and now it's like they are ruining Stug too.

I'm not jumping ship, it's not what I do. I just don't feel as good about any of this anymore.
    Forum Member
    Oh I can't just jump Ship, 18 or god knows how many months of shipping.. F*ck no! ES got her OMG moment.. NOW BRING BACK STENDAN :mad:
  • eff_xeff_x Posts: 3,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone.

I have to admit, after my optimism last night I did go to bed and my heart sunk a little as I thought... "really though, wtf?". I mean, everyone threatening to bail last night kind of sent alarm-bells off in my head and made me instantly positive talking, but upon reflection I know what you guys are talking about. And yeah, they can't go back on this now - they went there.

What's wrong with this turn is they've turned a beautiful friendship into something else, which is just a shame. They've made a very dramatic decision regarding Doug's character (unless tonight he realises he was just confused - still a possibility) which nobody was expecting, and was a bold decision that throws everything a bit askew. So yeah, ultimately they ruined Stug... or what we loved about Stug.

What we DON'T have to worry about is Ste and Brendan. Really, I really don't think we do. If HO choose to go this way - fine. Lets see which way they go before we get ahead of ourselves; lets not immediately assume Ste and Doug are going to be a 'thing'. But even if they are, Hollyoaks knows as well as us that Ste and Brendan have an intense love; that will be the endgame.

If it happened, we would get Ste and Brendan's prolonged, heated, longing glances between them, no doubt about it. We'll get a huge reaction from Brendan, and potentially an interesting one. We'll get EVERYTHING we were gonna originally get with Ste's new love interest, only with a new interesting spin on it, because it's a Doug; a character we like. I think we just have to look at it positively like that.

But I think - if this is happening - it's ultimately happening as part of the bigger Stendan story. Because I feel like they've been setting a lot up and putting a lot into place, which makes me believe there IS a long-term arc for Ste and Brendan arranged. I think this has been carefully planned, and they've been sewing the threads together further back than we originally thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry guys I don't mean to be such a miserable cow today...I suppose i've just got a lot of feelings...:(

I'm going to think of happy thoughts:cool:
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit torn, It's cause I like Brendan and ste equally. I just adore both characters. So I can't detach myself away from either one. I'm not going to hate Ste If he tries moves on with another man, let's remember that from his POV, Brendan has hurt him in many ways, and he's probably terrified to get back with him. And I can'/t hate doug either, It's just not his fault. I'm going try and be rational about this, that way I won't get too emotional and weep for half the day. I wonder how things will pan out in Today's E4
    Forum Member
    Hey, let it out missd!

This whole thing would be so much easier to take if Brendan had something mighty going on. But this Joel stuff is still rubbish. I've been trying to turn a blind eye, but there's no distractions now. At least his stuff with Foxy, no matter how crap it got (yeah, money plot no 2, I'm looking at you), it was good for a laugh. Brendan/Joel is just meh. :sleep: In spite of Emmett's best efforts with a SuperMario.
    Forum Member
    This whole thing would be so much easier to take if Brendan had something mighty going on. But this Joel stuff is still rubbish. I've been trying to turn a blind eye, but there's no distractions now. At least his stuff with Foxy, no matter how crap it got (yeah, money plot no 2, I'm looking at you), it was good for a laugh. Brendan/Joel is just meh. :sleep: In spite of Emmett's best efforts with a SuperMario.

Yeah I agree. And again if we had some longterm hints. Seriously they're expecting us to keep caring on goodwill alone. It's running out.
  • Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with all of this, Joel has just been bringing Brendan further and further down in my head. I didn't even pay attention to his part of the show last night, it just felt so tedious to me.

Stug. That was something that was getting me though this dark time and now that been ripped away from me too. I can't ship Stug romantically, I just can't.
    Forum Member
    Theres a very mixed reaction On tumblr. I think In a way, this is what ES wanted.
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree. And again if we had some longterm hints. Seriously they're expecting us to keep caring on goodwill alone. It's running out.

Tell you what surprises me even more about this Joel thing, thinking about it. Until December, they didn't even know they were keeping Andrew on. So what the hell did they have planned for Brendan for 2012? Nothing until the Big Bad arrives in June or whatever? I'm completely baffled.

That's why I thought the Joel thing would be short term - I assumed it was just to reintegrate Joel back into the village, then Brendan would buy back the club, kick Joel out, Joel goes off with Theresa or whatever,and BB gets a decent storyline. And instead, it's turned into this interminable gangsta fest, where they're shackled together for all eternity. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Tell you what surprises me even more about this Joel thing, thinking about it. Until December, they didn't even know they were keeping Andrew on. So what the hell did they have planned for Brendan for 2012? Nothing until the Big Bad arrives in June or whatever? I'm completely baffled.

That's why I thought the Joel thing would be short term - I assumed it was just to reintegrate Joel back into the village, then Brendan would buy back the club, kick Joel out, Joel goes off with Theresa or whatever,and BB gets a decent storyline. And instead, it's turned into this interminable gangsta fest, where they're shackled together for all eternity. :rolleyes:

This is the same show that was going to have Brendan offscreen from September to Decemeber so...:rolleyes:
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that with all these, oh he is so like you comments, they are building Joel up to be Brendan's replacement for when Emmett chooses to leave.

Yeah cos that's going to work, everyone has commented on what a scary, charismatic character Joel is. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So yeah, I, along with everyone else, slept on it and I still hate it as much as I did last night except the hollow feeling has been replaced with anger, dread and hormones. ;) which is never a good mix and it certainly isn't what I want to be my default setting for the foreseeable and I wish I could say that I could jump ship or just be Team Brendan or Team Ste but I honestly can't do that. So, if anyone needs me, I'll be sobbing in the corner. ;)
    Forum Member
    ally08 wrote: »
    It seems to me that with all these, oh he is so like you comments, they are building Joel up to be Brendan's replacement for when Emmett chooses to leave.

Yeah cos that's going to work, everyone has commented on what a scary, charismatic character Joel is. :rolleyes:

UGH The way that skin head was all, he reminds me of you and I cringed cause If that was the case wouldn't people notice this before? no no It has to be pointed out :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    duckmoo wrote: »
    So yeah, I, along with everyone else, slept on it and I still hate it as much as I did last night except the hollow feeling has been replaced with anger, dread and hormones. ;) which is never a good mix and it certainly isn't what I want to be my default setting for the foreseeable and I wish I could say that I could jump ship or just be Team Brendan or Team Ste but I honestly can't do that. So, if anyone needs me, I'll be sobbing in the corner. ;)

awww duckmoo. I hope you feel better about It soon.
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    This is the same show that was going to have Brendan offscreen from September to Decemeber so...:rolleyes:

Well, exactly! Are they nuts?!! I honestly thought with Brendan being off screen all that time, that by the time he came back, they would really have a clear idea of what they wanted to do with him. And they really didn't! I don't think they looked past Warren's exit, and then Declan/SteGate. SO frustrating.

And LOL ally at the "Joel is so like Brendan" comments. :rolleyes: Tripe. They're just desperate to manufacture a connection between them. I feel for Andrew actually, because he seems nice but he's been shoved in the middle of a big old duffer of a storyline and left very exposed. :o

eta: duckmoo, I think you need one of mojo's emergency creme eggs. And I'm on a diet so you can have mine. :cry:
  • eff_xeff_x Posts: 3,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kojan wrote: »
    UGH The way that skin head was all, he reminds me of you and I cringed cause If that was the case wouldn't people notice this before? no no It has to be pointed out :rolleyes:

Oh yes!! With all the drama of last night I forgot that, but it was so cringeworthy! I mean, who are you trying to kid Hollyoaks?! You're not fooling anyone - Joel is crap and he's nothing like Brendan, and you can insist otherwise all you like... nobody is buying it.
This discussion has been closed.