Options

wanting a 6 inch phone, budget £300, any recommendations

khampsonkhampson Posts: 272
Forum Member
I am wanting a new android 6inch phone to replace my Sony z ultra that has died. I don't want to buy from China or Hong Kong, my budget is £300, any suggestions

Thank you keith

Comments

• Options
    sammy_boysammy_boy Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Don't know if a secondhand Nexus 6 falls into the £300 bracket, a very good phone though if it does! If you don't mind going down slightly in screen size there's the Note 4 and LG G4 (again, probably secondhand, best buying from Game or CEX for the warranty btw).
  • Options
    swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that a phone in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Seriously, 6 inches?
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swb1964 wrote: »
    Is that a phone in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Seriously, 6 inches?

Some people like to be able actually see the screen on a phone rather than be pissing about with something tiny of 5” or less. I mean what is the point of a phone like that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    khampson wrote: »
    I am wanting a new android 6inch phone to replace my Sony z ultra that has died. I don't want to buy from China or Hong Kong, my budget is £300, any suggestions

Thank you keith

Nexus 6. Nothing comes close at that price point, you should be able to knab a 64gb model for less than £300. Otherwise you are looking at the Huawei Mate 6 or the Huawei P8 Max, but the first one is old now and the second is more than £300.
  • Options
    swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    Some people like to be able actually see the screen on a phone rather than be pissing about with something tiny of 5” or less. I mean what is the point of a phone like that?

Obviously everyone is different. I don't think I could go back to a 3.5 or even a 4 inch phone, but I do think 6 inches is pushing the bounds of practicality a wee bit!!
  • Options
    Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a look on UK Hot Deals if you wanted a Nexus 6.

There is one for £270 on there new: http://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/motorola-google-nexus-6-xt1100-32gb-sim-free-unlocked-blue.html
  • Options
    catsaregreycatsaregrey Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a look on UK Hot Deals if you wanted a Nexus 6.

There is one for £270 on there new: http://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/motorola-google-nexus-6-xt1100-32gb-sim-free-unlocked-blue.html

that site looks a very badly made chinese knock off one. Not used them so dont know for definite but it doesnt feel me with confidence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't fancy that site then I can recommend Smartfonestore.com. The have new N6 32gb for £270 and grade A for £250. A lot of phone for the money.

http://www.smartfonestore.com/filter-mfr-Motorola.aspx
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Expansys also do the 6 at £275, but expect deals to hit so hope for £250!

5.5" and a mid CPU, but the great battery life Moto X Play is £200 on Amazon today, though again I would expect other deals to hit the news in the xmas run-in.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure enough, the Nexus 6 is prominant in the Black Friday sale.
    At Motorolas own uk website, its on weekend special at £250 for 32GB. An extra 32GB sets you back 60 quid more.

Seems to have all the usual high end stuff such as a 2K+ screen and a more decent camera with OIS. It is Amoled too, just not quite Samsung Amoled quality. However it does.mean you are getting a lot for your money.