Options

Doctor Who 21st may

1383940414244»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    Not sure what you're disagreeing with but hey, the Doctor isn't scary...Romana wasn't that scary...the exillons were damned sweet in the end...and there are varying ways of being scary...
    Mary Tamm was very very scary! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MN1077 wrote:
    Wouldn't it be great if they used one of the old 70's regen effects rather than flashing it up.

lets get retro baby ;)
    Whatever next - Austin Powers as the new assistant?

I can just see him telling off a dalek
    "Hey baby that's not very groovy, exterminating people like that - just chill okay, chill.

Oooh, and I've got stalk-envy. :eek:

Yeah baby YEAH!" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote:
    Any bets on whether there'll be a 'next time/to be continued' trailer at the end of the series?

K
    I don't think they have even begun shooting for the Christmas special yet, but you never know. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Duncan* wrote:
    So are we to assume that the "GS" referred to above is something to do with the Jaffafeast?

The bringers of Armageddon need no introduction.

It would seem that this is about virtual reality rather than the Doctor's entire set of adventures to date being a setup.
    You could well be right Duncan - although I think we've done bloody well to work out what we have, given the sheer amount of speculation and lack of hard evidence.
  • Options
    MN1077MN1077 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    DenWatts wrote:
    Whatever next - Austin Powers as the new assistant?

I can just see him telling off a dalek
    "Hey baby that's not very groovy, exterminating people like that - just chill okay, chill.

Oooh, and I've got stalk-envy. :eek:

Yeah baby YEAH!" :D

WhoTastic mate
  • Options
    MN1077MN1077 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    DenWatts wrote:
    You could well be right Duncan - although I think we've done bloody well to work out what we have, given the sheer amount of speculation and lack of hard evidence.

"sheer amount of speculation and lack of hard evidence"

that never stopped the british justice system from reaching set conclusions.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MN1077 wrote:
    "sheer amount of speculation and lack of hard evidence"

that never stopped the british justice system from reaching set conclusions.

I always remember the quote (who by?) :

People who believe in Justice and Sausages should not see either being made!

K
  • Options
    cj592cj592 Posts: 4,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    In that case jim, don't even think about the fact that one of the remaining ones is a Slitheen episode, or you'll get really depressed.

Think nice thoughts:

raindrops on roses
    whiskers on kittens :D
    Iliked the slitheen. I thought their immaturity was well scripted. Remember ther would have been youngsters in the slitheen family:- cousins and nephews etc.. Plus
    having read the book monsters inside which include the slitheen I have gotten to know a little bit more about them

Plus there is a bad wolf reference
    in all of the new books

Cj
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj592 wrote:
    Iliked the slitheen. I thought their immaturity was well scripted. Remember ther would have been youngsters in the slitheen family:- cousins and nephews etc.. Plus
    having read the book monsters inside which include the slitheen I have gotten to know a little bit more about them

Plus there is a bad wolf reference
    in all of the new books

Cj
    And my imaginary German friend has pointed out that Slitheen is a misnomer...it's not the race but the family name...the race was something rather grander...don't be fooled by the human suit, they could be different on the inside :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if some joker will put a bad wolf reference in tonight's Big Brother opening show.

Now that would be something.
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Duncan* wrote:
    I'm wondering if some joker will put a bad wolf reference in tonight's Big Brother opening show.

Now that would be something.
    Now that would be hysterical...especially bearing in mind they have a 13th house mate this year which "you would not want to be at any cost" according to C4 publicity :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote:
    I always remember the quote (who by?) :

People who believe in Justice and Sausages should not see either being made!

K
    Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made. - Otto Von Bismarck

:)

(lips and eyelids!)
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wizross wrote:
    Has anybody considered the whole CE leaving thing could be the biggest well constructed red herring in TV history?

Imagine if he isn't really going to leave and RTD got the Beeb and him to 'leak' it so we'd all be expecting him to go at the end of the series. He then persuades DT to pretend and say he's going to be the next Doctor.

Thus creating a huge potential curveball for the end of the series, allowing RTD to have a finale that NO-ONE will speculate on due to the misinformation previously created.

That'd tie in nicely with the theme of the media controlling the truth and what people believe is true. :)

This is probably just crap but it'd be absolute genius if it were true.

Also, I wish people would stop calling the next series "series 2". There's been many years of series' of DW and the next one certaintly isn't the second! :rolleyes:

Now if anything would take me by surprise and in RTD's words "blow me away", then the idea you suggest would be it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Spoiler for Boomtown:
    The Lord Mayor of Cardiff has approved plans to build a nuclear power station in the heart of the city: Cardiff Castle will be demolished, allowing the Blaidd Drwg Project to rise up tall and proud, a monument to Welsh industry. But what of the curse? Are the rumours true? Is the design unsafe? Could it result in the death of millions? Destruction like the British Isles has never seen before...?

This looks like an intersting episode as:
    Annette Badland, who played the unscrupulous Margaret Blaine in Episodes 4 and 5, is back again, but in a slightly different 'role'

and RTD comments that:
    "Luckily writer Mark Gatiss left a certain little plot detail dangling in 'The Unquiet Dead': the fact that Cardiff has a rift between different dimensions running right through it, invisible, like an earthquake fault. I was certain I could use that again, but you'll just have to watch and see what happens...and if Cardiff survives!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spoiler for Boomtown:
    The Lord Mayor of Cardiff has approved plans to build a nuclear power station in the heart of the city: Cardiff Castle will be demolished, allowing the Blaidd Drwg Project to rise up tall and proud, a monument to Welsh industry. But what of the curse? Are the rumours true? Is the design unsafe? Could it result in the death of millions? Destruction like the British Isles has never seen before...?

This looks like an intersting episode as:
    Annette Badland, who played the unscrupulous Margaret Blaine in Episodes 4 and 5, is back again, but in a slightly different 'role'
    Noted all that myself in DWM. Any Welsh people able to translate
    Blaidd Drwg?
    though I suspect I know :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    cj592cj592 Posts: 4,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cuilean wrote:
    Blaidd Drwg?

If you go here

http://www.wrexham.gov.uk/welsh/community_w/libraries_w/WhatsOnW.htm

and scroll down theres a picture ;)

Cj
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cuilean wrote:
    Blaidd Drwg?
    blaidd [bleiddiaid, bleiddiau, m.]
    (n.) wolf

drwg [drygau, drygiau, m.]
    (n.) evil, harm, hurt, ill, malady, mischief

So pretty much what im sure everyone presumed it ment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I don't think anyone's surprised there :D
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grog wrote:
    Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made. - Otto Von Bismarck

:)

(lips and eyelids!)

Aah, that was it - thank you.

K