Options

What changes would you like to see for the summer?

Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
Forum Member
Though from what PEJ said about how far ahead series are planned, it's probably a bit late now, if the producers are reading, what would you suggest they change about the show for the summer? Serious, sensible suggestions only if you can.

Pointless suggesting full on live feed, it's not going to happen, not straight away, Channel 5 don't want it, the producers apparently discuss it with them every series, they're not backing down.

Comments

• Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Five are idiots for not wanting live feed back to be honest. If they allowed viewers to pay for it online they'd actually make money from it, and it could be used in conjunction with Twitter and Facebook. Remember how all the JJJ fans discussed their single every move on Twitter? Five could have that again if they wanted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Five are idiots for not wanting live feed back to be honest. If they allowed viewers to pay for it online they'd actually make money from it, and it could be used in conjunction with Twitter and Facebook. Remember how all the JJJ fans discussed their single every move on Twitter? Five could have that again if they wanted.

It's worth pointing out in their defense that Channel 4 *didn't* make money from it when they charged for it. Though I do think it could be profitable to bring it back as a nightly thing after BOTS or the main show, if they promote in the main show's narration, and try to get it maximum viewers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I say every year, I wish they would take tobacco off the shopping list. Either give the smokers a modest ration, as they do with toiletries, or let them buy tobacco with their own real-life money, or just make the series non-smoking, and tell them well in advance, so they can deal with it or withdraw. It is NEVER good tv imo to watch smokers suffering tortures of withdrawal symptoms, or to watch endless bickering over the shopping list, and the self-righteous statements by non-smokers that smokers shouldn't have any treats because they have already used THEIR share.
  • Options
    Alpo.Alpo. Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i always wanted a contestant to be rich and be able to bring his butler in... would be amusing and bemusing for his HM's.

or..i would like to see a housemate win a task at the start and win a butler/slave and they had to do everything for that person, do tasks, nominate etc...and see what effect it has on that person in the house whether it helps them or not.

people have the chance to win the butler/slave off that person maybe.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's worth pointing out in their defense that Channel 4 *didn't* make money from it when they charged for it. Though I do think it could be profitable to bring it back as a nightly thing after BOTS or the main show, if they promote in the main show's narration, and try to get it maximum viewers.

I'm at a loss to explain why Five wouldn't want it back to be honest? Surely it would bring in more viewers for their channels?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As I say every year, I wish they would take tobacco off the shopping list. Either give the smokers a modest ration, as they do with toiletries, or let them buy tobacco with their own real-life money, or just make the series non-smoking, and tell them well in advance, so they can deal with it or withdraw. It is NEVER good tv imo to watch smokers suffering tortures of withdrawal symptoms, or to watch endless bickering over the shopping list, and the self-righteous statements by non-smokers that smokers shouldn't have any treats because they have already used THEIR share.

But if they don't back out, they're going to get serious withdrawal symptoms anyway and they'll just take it out in arguments about other things. I like your suggestion of giving it to them separately though, or making them pack a certain amount in their suitcases like Julie did for CBB10.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm at a loss to explain why Five wouldn't want it back to be honest? Surely it would bring in more viewers for their channels?

It costs less to just show a repeat of an import, so it's only really viable not too during peaktime, when the viewers are about to watch it, if they're not willing to stump up the costs.

Though I agree that if they use it as schedule filler, it could end up boosting their other stuff and cover itself,
  • Options
    queseraseraqueserasera Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alpo. wrote: »
    i always wanted a contestant to be rich and be able to bring his butler in... would be amusing and bemusing for his HM's.

or..i would like to see a housemate win a task at the start and win a butler/slave and they had to do everything for that person, do tasks, nominate etc...and see what effect it has on that person in the house whether it helps them or not.

people have the chance to win the butler/slave off that person maybe.

BIB - snap. I always thought that would be a good idea and bring a new dimension to the show
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Housemates

No more than 12 on launch night- I think anything above that means people will get lost in the shuffle.

Maximum of 4 "intruders" who enter the house at a later date.

Tasks

New format for a live Saturday show (hosted by Emma), called Saturday Night Games, whereby housemates compete in live challenges to win both immunity from the coming weeks nominations and money for their Personal Account.

Bank Account

Alongside the overall prize money, housemates have the chance to accumulate money in a Personal Prize Balance, that starts at £0 for all of them. Successful completion of tasks, secret missions set by Big Brother and "bargains" struck by Big Brother can see the personal prize money fluctuate. Any rulebreaking or failure to participate in tasks will see housemates have their Personal Prize money deducted. Housemates who walk or are ejected will forfeit all of their personal prize money. Upon eviction, housemates must chose to allocate 50% of their prize money to a housemate still in the game.

Hand Grenades

Taken from Big Brother Australia, I like the idea of Housemate Hand Grenades, whereby an evicted housemate gets to "punish" a housemate who is still in-game. An example might be choosing a housemate who has to sleep in the garden until further notice, or who has all of their luggage taken away.

Nominations

Strictly no nominations talk allowed. Housemate who wins Saturday Night Games wins immunity from coming nominations.

Launch Night Twist

Don't really like them but they are par for the course now. I'd go with "The Publics Mole"- wherein a housemate is "adopted" by the public for the first week, and must perform tasks set by viewers on the official Twitter/ Facebook accounts.

Live Feed

Bring it back for a 24/7, paid for, online service. Simple as.
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    No and I mean no contact with the outside world.
    No face to face noms.
    And it won't happen but vote to evict instead of save.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Whosoever enters the house on launch night shall be the sole occupants for the duration of the series. No interlopers ever!
    2. Don't split the house. Give it a rest ffs.
    3. Scour the globe for fantastic tasks and challenges not twenty minute quizzes on who bitched what. This CBB's tasks compromised almost exclusively of variations on that theme. Lazy and shite.
    4. No other forms of manufactured conflict.
    5. No housemates out of the house other than by eviction or walking.
    6. "I want to go home" types shown the door at the first time of asking. Viewers (I) do not want to listen to this whining for weeks on end. Bye.
    7. More highlights shows (in absence of live feed) Clear Shit on the Side to make way for this.
    8. Give Emma a stab at presenting the main show.
    9. Hide Brian in a camera run for the duration of the series.
    10. Threaten eviction audiences with tazer if they attempt to boo
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Something that might be unpopular with viewers (and I'm not sure I'd like it, but I can see it being something C5 might go for!) is having all weekly tasks set and judged by celebrities.

Something like- in Week 1, housemates must paint a portrait of one another, with the efforts being judged by Brian Sewell.

In a fashion themed task in Week 5, housemates must design their own clothes and then take part in an in-house runway fashion show/ shoot hosted by Janice Dickinson.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really care, I no longer have any interest in the non celeb version, despite the fact I used to be a huge fan. They messed with the voting too much to keep people they wanted, and I think they lost a lot of viewers. If they engineer tasks and events and mess with housemates thats one thing, thats what they all sign up for, but when they start screwing around with votes that people are actually paying for with hard earned cash, thats crossing the line.

If instead of picking people out they think can win and giving them way too much airtime, get creative and start coming up with things that can give everyone a chance to shine, and that goes for both BB and CBB.

Seems to me the non celeb version is just a breeding ground for a lot more Speidis and Rylans.

Couple of years the winner will likely show up on CBB anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Permanent unrestricted multi gym.

Total smoking ban.

Unrestricted alcoholic bar.

A washing machine.

No more pathetic letters from home nonsense (miss me kids SOOOOO much):cry:

No more Brain Dowling small suit.

Lesbians for a change. (feminine ones).:D
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. More live feed (24/7 subscription would be nice, but if not, something like BB10 and CBB6/7 with a couple hours in the afternoon & 5/6hrs at night)

2. A minimum of 3 up for eviction

3. No agency-type housemates

4. No launch night twist

5. No music montages, name tags, flashbacks, exaggerated Marcus

6. BOTS scrapped (or maybe on only 2 or 3 times a week) for LF & DR Uncut.

7. No outside contact, less interfering

8. No live audience at evictions, just a studio audience

9. No noms talk, strict punishments (can't nominate, up for eviction)

10. Basically, put it back on C4, lol.
  • Options
    Alpo.Alpo. Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a proper good looking lesbian would be good actually.. i agree with that.
    her pursuit of straight woman while the guys would be probably trying to pull her.

also, no letters from home.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alpo. wrote: »
    a proper good looking dyke would be good.
    her pursuit of straight woman along with the guys trying to pul her.

also, no letters from home.

Not interested in lesbians lol, but the letters from home and any outside interference should be scrapped.

The year they pissed me off and shoved Nikki Grahame back in was the end of it for me, if they have been voted out leave them out, no throwing people back in when they know whats happening outside. Totally defeats the purpose.
  • Options
    SpasmodicSpasmodic Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    1. Whosoever enters the house on launch night shall be the sole occupants for the duration of the series. No interlopers ever!
    2. Don't split the house. Give it a rest ffs.
    3. Scour the globe for fantastic tasks and challenges not twenty minute quizzes on who bitched what. This CBB's tasks compromised almost exclusively of variations on that theme. Lazy and shite.
    4. No other forms of manufactured conflict.
    5. No housemates out of the house other than by eviction or walking.
    6. "I want to go home" types shown the door at the first time of asking. Viewers (I) do not want to listen to this whining for weeks on end. Bye.
    7. More highlights shows (in absence of live feed) Clear Shit on the Side to make way for this.
    8. Give Emma a stab at presenting the main show.
    9. Hide Brian in a camera run for the duration of the series.
    10. Threaten eviction audiences with tazer if they attempt to boo

All of this ^^ (thanks Jackie) and don't be lazy in the choice of housemates. Choose people who are interesting because they're interesting and not because they'll pick a fight or cry at every opportunity or are just downright unpleasant. I'm bored with that and a lot of other FMs seem to be too.

It would be good to see a more mixed bunch in there, e.g. ages, level of attractiveness. I am bored with plastic b/himbos with a token fatty/poshie/person of colour. I'd rather see ordinary-looking people being interesting than allegedly pretty people being dull (then having to be contentious just to make up for their dullness).

MAKE them do the tasks unless there's a very good reason for it. If good punishments can't be thought up, perhaps 21st Century Boy's idea of a bank account:
    Bank Account

Alongside the overall prize money, housemates have the chance to accumulate money in a Personal Prize Balance, that starts at £0 for all of them. Successful completion of tasks, secret missions set by Big Brother and "bargains" struck by Big Brother can see the personal prize money fluctuate. Any rulebreaking or failure to participate in tasks will see housemates have their Personal Prize money deducted. Housemates who walk or are ejected will forfeit all of their personal prize money. Upon eviction, housemates must chose to allocate 50% of their prize money to a housemate still in the game.

This actually seems like a good idea and would probably make things more interesting to the viewer. I think it would also make things more interesting for the housemates, too.

Oh, and always more than two up for eviction.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think two hot lesbian girlfriends going in might be a ratings winner. :D
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    - More 'psychological' tasks (not just gunging + 'who bitched about you' things). Things like they did on 'The Mole'
    - Three people up each week (minimum)
    - No-one evicted until 2 weeks are up

I know everyone hates divides but I'd love to see a proper 'team vs team' series for a few weeks. It'd work better with groups 8 on each side of the house and the task winners getting immunity.
    MEW TOWN wrote: »
    A washing machine.

TV GOLD!!!! :D

I'm surprised Channel 5 don't give the regular housemates a proper gym. They cast mostly fit, young people and most of them do their own workouts anyway; I know you could argue they might spend more time in there, but without live feed, I can't imagine it would matter much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ I like the Bank Account idea.

Whoever came up with that idea should join the production team post haste.

I'm not hugely in favour of the lesbian couple going in but I suppose it would keep a few on here so preoccupied they'd be more maliable in their opinions on here :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. No launch night twist that has one HM nominating two peeps to face the public vote.

2. No eviction for at least a week or two. Give us the chance to get to see what the HMs are about.

3. would love to see the latest evictee still being allowed to nominate. The two names they give will automatically face the public vote. The rest of the HMs will still get to nominate but can't nominate the two already up.

4. No interfering from the producers to try and stir things up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [Bank Account

Yes, I like the idea of a bank account each, though yours is a wee bit complicated. Housemates who are judged to have tried honorably at a task could get money put in, and housemates who are judged not to have bothered get nothing. It might stop people giving up on tasks at the first tiny obstacle.

2. "I want to go home" types shown the door at the first time of asking. Viewers (I) do not want to listen to this whining for weeks on end. Bye.

].

I don't agree with that. Perfectly good housemates have had a wobble along the way. And you would have disappointed a lot of Aaron fans if the first time he had said he wanted to leave he had been bundled into the carpark.

I forgot my main one, which is no very early evictions! Especially after a twist! I really, really hate it when a housemate is chucked out without even being given a chance. They have waited and struggled for months to get in. How disrespectful and nasty to chuck them out randomly without even doing a task or going through a proper round of nominations.
  • Options
    NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to hear a whole conversation or a debate, not contrived. I miss old Bb where we heard great conversations etc. we hear snippets but none of it compares to how things were before 5 took over.

Return of harder tasks for food budget. Stricter BB & funny sarky BB.
    No popping out unless for a medical or family bereavement.
    Brian to finally find a tailor, who will tell him, he needs a bigger size suit jacket. I fear it's like the emperor's new clothes ;-/ can somebody please tell him.
    Replace bbots with......scrabble or more highlights as been suggested.

Wish for live feed ( wont happen ) & for Russell Brand to present bbbm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Less wannabee 20 somethings! Fed up of page three models/ models in general! Can we please have some people who aren't ambitious to be 'stars' (in whatever field it doesn't matter), whatever the cost?

Please can we have more older people that have lived a little and have more to say? We have older people on CBB, so why not a good spread on normal BB (not just the token one or two who will get voted out first)?

Longer tasks where the housemates have to actually work hard/ learn new skills. Also if the housemates do lose and get a basic budget then don't give them easy mini-taks to supplement it with take-aways etc. (not unless they have lost every task for weeks and it's getting monotinous!)