Deadwood. Players you wish your team had sold

codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
Forum Member
✭✭
At the start of each transfer window there are players you wish your club would sign, but also many fans, myself included, hope that their team would clear out the deadwood from their wage bill.

For chelsea, i really wish that Mikel had moved on to Gala. I just dont think he is good enough, and can be quite disruptive. Thankfully we have shipped out Banayoun, Malouda and Turnbull.

With the prospect of Chamakh leaving Arsenal as inspiration, what are the players that you wish had 'future endeavored' and palmed off on other clubs?

Comments

• Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Macheda.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree wit Macheda, also Bebe and Nani.
  • HarryNelson1805HarryNelson1805 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    He's gone now but Jason Koumas was one of Wigans top earners and sat in the reserves for 5 years. The worst thing about it was, unlike the players mentioned above, he blatantly didnt care if he played or not.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is with a very sad heart I say this, but Darren Fletcher should be told to retire.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy to say only Suarez and Skrtrel of the dead wood remains! :p
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arsenal:

Fabianski
    Diaby because he's hardly ever fit to play
    Park
  • Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    Wolves

O'H...............

Nah...haven't got the time
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Wolves

O'H...............

Nah...haven't got the time

Maybe it would be quicker to say who you want to keep?

For United: Nani, Macheda, Bebe and probably Anderson as well.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newcastle

Jonas

Obertan

Ryan Taylor

Ameboi (Shola)
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Leeds

Norris

Brown

Pugh
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,036
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    For chelsea, i really wish that Mikel had moved on to Gala. I just dont think he is good enough, and can be quite disruptive.

I would like Mikel to be sold too, as he isn't good enough. I don't really understand why you think he is disruptive though?

Essien would be another. No longer that beast of a player he once was, and if him and Mikel weren't both still around we'd have probably signed a decent defensive midfielder by now. It's looking increasingly likely that we've decided to make do with what we've got.

Hilario - starts off the summer being released as he was out-on-contract alongside Turnbull & co, then for some inexplicable reason we recently give him a new one-year deal. We already have 3 keepers with Cech, Schwarzer and Blackman, all of whom are fit, so it seems completely pointless. Hopefully he won't get any minutes on the pitch!
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bebe
    Nani (feel bad saying that as he has the skills, he just rarely uses them)
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    The three at Manchester United are so obvious they don't need repeating.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Mikel and Torres.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My team, Leeds, has had a lot of deadwood in recent years! It will take McDermott some time to get the squad right.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nani, Macheda, Welbeck, Bebe
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Mikel and Torres.

Yes, I'd agree with that.
    Mikel is just not good enough. I know some will say he had a couple of great games playing for Nigeria, but he lacks any creative vision and is too one-paced (ie..slow) for The Premiership.

Torres must have used up all the goodwill and faith Chelsea had invested in him by now ? I know he scored a reasonable number of goals last season, but check out when those goals were scored and the opposition.
    Every dozen or so games seem we get a false dawn, and the media will say...its the old Torres back ! But no, next time out it's back to normal, scowling around with shoulders slumped.
    I've had enough, we've wasted too much time and effort trying to accommodate him.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,970
    Forum Member
    For once I cannot think of anyone who we still I don't rate.

In fact I was disappointed to lose Jonathan Hogg who wanted to move back up north and a young striker who Peterborough brought for 1.1 million!
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WE need to get rid Heurelho Gomes other wise he be there until his contract is up and at this rate we will never get him of the wage bill:(
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In addition to the United players already mentioned, I'd add Lindegaard. He's only a backup keeper, but he's not very good.

Still amazes me that Fergie was rotating him with De Gea for the first few months of last season.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    In addition to the United players already mentioned, I'd add Lindegaard. He's only a backup keeper, but he's not very good.

Still amazes me that Fergie was rotating him with De Gea for the first few months of last season.

Agreed. Amos is more than capable of the back-up role.
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Norwich City:

Dani Ayala - centre back sent out on loan last season who is a liability whenever I've seen him play.

Carlo Nash - only signed him in the summer as third choice goalkeeper. What was th epoint? He's 39 years old and we got rid of Declan Rudd who is a very promising keeper for him. We may as well use our youth keeper if the need ever arises. We won the FA Youth Cup last season asnd he was one of the stars of that team.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Modric
    Kaka
    Pepe
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    Modric
    Kaka
    Pepe

Things I never thought I'd see in football No.18343480 - Kaka described as 'deadwood' :D
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Odemwingie.....But there is still time. I hope.