BT Vision Box - DIT9719/05

cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
Forum Member
Hi

About 6 years ago I was given the above box from a relative (He was given it free from BT) as he didn't need it as h has already got Sky so he gave it to m for a try.

We had BT broadband at the time and I couldn't get a BT Vision connection so I packed the box up for a while and left it. I advertised it for sale and somebody inquired about it

I plugged it all in and connected it up (we don't have BT BB or a Hub, we have Talk Talk). It connected to the hub Ok but then presented with a C03 error.

Can anyone tell me if i sell it, will the chap be able to get the BT Vision service or not (He as a BT Subscription)

Comments

• cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
    Forum Member
    Can anynoe help
  • syko29793syko29793 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    If the box is the old silver one (from the model number i think it is), It will not work without a BT Broadband account and a BT vision account.
    The box won't run BTs new software so is obsolete. BT give the new youview boxes away to customers so the old boxes are not really worth anything other than to use the hard drive in something else and throw the box away.
    Forum Member
    Ok so the person buying has the broadband acount but dont know about the vision account.
    So no point selling
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,207
    Forum Member
    As has been alluded to, the box itself is essentially worthless however you should be able to sell the hard drive on a well-known auction site.
    Forum Member
    Ok so it can't receive BT Vision then
    Forum Member
    cmorris wrote: »
    Ok so it can't receive BT Vision then
    Yes it can but one needs BT Broadband and a BT Vision account in order for it to even boot, let alone receive programmes.

The point is that anyone who has the pre-reqs can get a better box from BT for free. So who in their right mind would buy a BT Vision box?
    Forum Member
    So is there any point of selling it as someone as rung me regarding this.
    Forum Member
    cmorris wrote: »
    So is there any point of selling it as someone as rung me regarding this.
    Now you know what the implications are, that is entirely a matter for you.