Options

Scrappers

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    OH was getting his dinner on local precinct and saw the little muscly one who looks like popeye:D.It does seem too staged and I cant warm to the wife,husband seems okay though
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recognise the resort they stayed in as we stayed there in June.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Some of the stuff about never getting a job elsewhere is a bit wearing.
    If everyone in the scrap business and spanner twirling with a criminal record left the trade tomorrow it, would be on it's ar$e.

In the building trade it's a bit of a joke that Scaffolders could come out of prison, turn up a the yard with their HMP scandal bag on a Friday and get 'a start' for the Monday morning.
    So many of them have done prison time.

The inordinate fuss about the bloke having a can of beer at Lunchtime.
    I know it's stopped being the done thing these days, but years ago it was pretty normal to nip off to the pub for a pint or 3 and some pub grub.

The building trade has gone the same way, have one can of beer at lunch and suddenly you're a huge liability and some terrible accident will happen.
    When I worked at Fords the staff from both workshops and the parts department used to go for a Friday lunchtime drink, we went back to work, nothing ever happened.
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The owner of that yard is a dictatorial, show off, bag of wind and piss.
  • Options
    QuickbloodQuickblood Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surely it's not inordinate when you consider what the consequences of a lawsuit can be. The company knew he had a drink & worse still there was a camera crew filming at the time too, I don't think they had much choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    The owner of that yard is a dictatorial, show off, bag of wind and piss.

Yep, quite successful bag of wind and piss too.
    Given what we saw this week it's the technique that's required to get them all working.
    He needs to find another busy c*** to work for him, to provide that buzz/energy around the place when he's not about.

The concrete formwork part of the construction trade is absolutely chocked full of aggressive/busy shouters like him, we've got various names for them, a couple of us were discussing one we've got on our site, just this morning.
    He's the ineffectual sort though, runs around aggressively shouting,getting nowhere fast and irritating the gang he's managing.

Another one we've got, talks at a rate of knots and the energy feeds down the on-site radio's.
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quickblood wrote: »
    Surely it's not inordinate when you consider what the consequences of a lawsuit can be. The company knew he had a drink & worse still there was a camera crew filming at the time too, I don't think they had much choice.

Whats the betting that when Terry is back from his holiday next week, the guy who had the can of beer wil be reinstated
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you want to drink, just put it in a soft drink bottle/can simples.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If everyone in the scrap business and spanner twirling with a criminal record left the trade tomorrow it, would be on it's ar$e.

In the building trade it's a bit of a joke that Scaffolders could come out of prison, turn up a the yard with their HMP scandal bag on a Friday and get 'a start' for the Monday morning.

I know it's stopped being the done thing these days, but years ago it was pretty normal to nip off to the pub for a pint or 3 and some pub grub.

The building trade has gone the same way, have one can of beer at lunch and suddenly you're a huge liability and some terrible accident will happen.
    When I worked at Fords the staff from both workshops and the parts department used to go for a Friday lunchtime drink, we went back to work, nothing ever happened.

clearly a set up.Did you see the fella behind him smoking while he had his head under the bonnet.Surely that breaches health and safety:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clearly a set up.Did you see the fella behind him smoking while he had his head under the bonnet.Surely that breaches health and safety:confused:

What do you think is going to happen whilst smoking with your head under a bonnet?
    That question also has nothing to do with my post, don't know why you've quoted it.
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the betting that when Terry is back from his holiday next week, the guy who had the can of beer wil be reinstated

High. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on at 8.30;-)
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They got their jobs back then :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he is putty in Boyles hands.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    he is putty in Boyles hands.

Yeah he is, after he asked for his job back, he said all that guff about showing him, so doesn't want to say yes, you can have yer job back straight away, then he gave him his job back, and i bet hes not part-time for long, will be back to full-time soon, probably by next weeks episode, and i also bet his mate who was sacked for drinking, isn't on just weekends for long either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I get a feeling Terry is Boyle's Dad
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol.....how f#cking stilted was that 'conversation' between Terry and his dad who owns the neighbouring yard.....:D. Absolute rubbish, this programme, but I can't stop watching.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the fact that he drives about in an (old shape) Hyundai Sonata. He is obviously a man of means going by his swanky house and the cars his wife swans about in.

I wonder if the Sonata came in to be scrapped and he 'turned it around' ... and considered it too good to scrap.
  • Options
    Balb0waBalb0wa Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    i love scrappers, must be cheap to make, but good to watch.
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its good to watch because they are nice people

simple
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I get a feeling Terry is Boyle's Dad

I think his wife covered that theory in the first week.
    Terry does/did know Boyles Mum, but Terry's had the snip and the timescale means that's a non-starter.
    They've probably had the same wisecracks in the yard to explain why Boyle can get away with murder.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing ever happened.. apart from the birth of the phrase 'a Friday afternoon car'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    boksbox wrote: »
    Nothing ever happened.. apart from the birth of the phrase 'a Friday afternoon car'

Office staff are still allowed a lunchtime pint and are trusted not to lose the ability to use a keyboard or type reams of drunken nonsense all afternoon.
    Do something vaguely manual and 'you're an accident waiting to happen'

Oh, on the program itself, in the Christmas do episode, last week, Terry's Sister shocking out on the dance floor then fanning herself had me cracking up.
    I get the feeling the production crew had a hell of a lot to do with Terry going to see his Dad last week.
    'Do you think you supporting Boyle is something to do with your Dad not supporting you, maybe you need to see him and work it out?'
  • Options
    Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm enjoying it, fancy the wife, and tbh although overly staged things do p*ss me off, i suppose for the producers it's about trying to find a reasonable balance between literally just installing cameras and editing the staffs actual day to day work (would probably be slightly boring ;-)) and having it so heavily scripted/staged that it could in no way be classed as their 'real' day to day working life.

i think scrappers manages it reasonably well.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Office staff are still allowed a lunchtime pint and are trusted not to lose the ability to use a keyboard or type reams of drunken nonsense all afternoon.
    Do something vaguely manual and 'you're an accident waiting to happen'

Oh, on the program itself, in the Christmas do episode, last week, Terry's Sister shocking out on the dance floor then fanning herself had me cracking up.
    I get the feeling the production crew had a hell of a lot to do with Terry going to see his Dad last week.
    'Do you think you supporting Boyle is something to do with your Dad not supporting you, maybe you need to see him and work it out?'

Not really true anymore, there's a lot of damage to be caused by drunken emails or computer operators, lunchtime drinking just not what it was in the 80s and 90s much more about the food instead.