Options

Its been made a official....Transformers 4 - June 29th 2014

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
Forum Member
http://www.flicksandbits.com/2012/02/14/michael-bay-paramount-pictures-officially-confirm-a-june-29th-2014-release-date-for-transformers-4/21382/

"Bay will bring audiences a new take on the “Transformers” franchise as he begins production on the fourth installment in the hit series of movies based on the best-selling Hasbro toyline. The third, and most recent installment of the franchise, “Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” is the fourth highest global grossing film of all time with 1.24 billion dollars of worldwide box office success. Directed by Bay, the movie will re-unite the filmmaking team from the hit franchise, including producers Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto and Ian Bryce; and executive producers Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian. Paramount Pictures will release the film on June 29th, 2014."

[news]Michael Bay to direct 'Transformers 4' for June 2014 release[/news]

Comments

• Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With that kind of money rolling in it was inevitable, must be like traffic accidents - just stand there and gawp at them.
  • Options
    NoiseboyNoiseboy Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Like abused wives, audiences will keep coming back for more.

IMDB ratings

Transformers - 7.2
    Transformers 2 - 5.9
    Transformers 3 - 6.4

Box office Gross (Box Office Mojo)

Transformers - $709m
    Transformers 2 - $836m
    Transformers 3 - $1.12bn

Question - what motivation is there for the filmmakers to make them any better?
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Shia LaDouche will stick to what he promised & not return?
  • Options
    starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets face it, Transformers is trash, but it's very successful trash.
  • Options
    Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    I wonder if Shia LaDouche will stick to what he promised & not return?

He got $15 million for the last one, really can't see him turning down money like that.
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't the films personally, they are not masterpieces by any stretch of the imagination, but they are good popcorn fodder and will happily go and see this new one. I thought the last one was better than the second and equal to the first if I am honest, so I won't rule this one out either :)
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Noiseboy wrote: »
    Question - what motivation is there for the filmmakers to make them any better?
    Given that those who complain about them the most vociferously are often first in the queue, I'd say none at all.
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After that disastrous Transformers 2 I'm done with this franchise..
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not been so excited since I heard a news story about paint drying on a wall.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    really liked the first 2. 3rd one sucked though.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I read that the plan for the fourth film was to restart a new trilogy without Shia
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Done with the franchise. Enjoyed the first one, hated the second, didn't care for the third.

Fed up with Michael Bay. Had they gone with a new director I would have given it a chance. Sick of the cringeworthy humour, defeaning soundtrack, demented characters, poor actors and the fact that every scene in his movies seems to take place during sunset.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    chrono88 wrote: »

All of the Transformers movies have made a huge amount
    of money, but I've never met anyone who admits seeing
    them in the cinema.

A bit like "Crossroads" used to be one of the highest-rated
    shows on UK TV, even though almost nobody would
    say that they watched it. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    June 29th 2014 is a Sunday. That seems like a weird day to release it. But anyway if Michael Bay's attached I won't be watching. Hated the first one and I was dragged to the second and hated it even more. Will never watch another Bay film again after those.
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of the Transformers movies have made a huge amount
    of money, but I've never met anyone who admits seeing
    them in the cinema.

A bit like "Crossroads" used to be one of the highest-rated
    shows on UK TV, even though almost nobody would
    say that they watched it. :D

I saw all three at the cinema. There you go :D, I know probably not what you meant :)
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Calling it now, they will market this not as 'Transformers 4', but 'Trans4mers'
  • Options
    Laura PLaura P Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the first one quite a lot for what it was.

I only made it through twenty minutes of T2 (thankfully I didn't pay to see it), and haven't bothered trying to watch T3.

I think it could have been a great franchise in the hands of anyone other than Michael Bay. Shame.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Like a few others here, I'll probably go see it.

I enjoyed the first one, second was tosh, and third was a nice continuation of the tosh!

Why go see it then ? Robots, I'm addicted.

I would prefer to leave it in somebody elses hands, but so be it that Bay is doing it.

A new cast would be nice.

We'll see how things pan out. But I will probably go see it.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    I saw all three at the cinema. There you go :D, I know probably not what you meant :)

I meant "offline"- I've been on forums where many
    of the posters have said they've seen the
    "Bayformers" films.

Offline...so far nobody has said to me they saw
    one in the cinema, though I know loadsa people
    went to them.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Latest word is.....less attempted humour, more action.

How about.....less attempted humour, 20 minutes shorter, less humans, more robots, more plot......???

Liked all 3, but really nothing else to do. Unless they make it a prequel on Cybertron.
  • Options
    rybevrybev Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrono88 wrote: »

Me too!
    The first was "ok", the second was the most excruciatingly painful experience I've ever had at the cinema. I wanted to cry in despair at how bad a film could be.

I for one would never ever be first in the queue for a Transformers movie because I wouldn't be in the queue at all.
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Calling it now, they will market this not as 'Transformers 4', but 'Trans4mers'

That was my first thought. Horrific...
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noiseboy wrote: »
    Awesome! Like abused wives, audiences will keep coming back for more.

Your ignorance knows no bounds. :)
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'm one of the only people who preferred the second to the first?! Haven't seen the third, wasn't fussed when Megan left really.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    After an exceptionally successful collaboration on the upcoming "Pain and Gain," Michael Bay has cast Academy Award®-nominee Mark Wahlberg in the highly anticipated "TRANSFORMERS 4." The film will hit theaters June 27th, 2014.

Glad it's put an end to the Jason Statham rumours, but I'm really shocked that Mark Wahlberg has signed up for this.

shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I think I'm one of the only people who preferred the second to the first?! Haven't seen the third, wasn't fussed when Megan left really.

The second is unfairly bashed (by fans of the series). I didn't enjoy it the first time I watched, but it gets better on repeat viewing.