The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it is :D. However it could be like Blue. We know they were asked in 2010 and held of for the next year. I think for certain the two sides have been in contact about it at some point. However I don't think either side are the type to burn bridges.

I don't mind ex reality show acts if they have their own sound even if I like it or not. Leanne out of those doesn't for me, thus making her forgetable.

Agreed but she has a good voice at least, maybe not unique though. Out of all them I would be least worried about her vocal performance on the night.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Agreed but she has a good voice at least, maybe not unique though. Out of all them I would be least worried about her vocal performance on the night.

I'd worry about her getting nervous
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd worry about her getting nervous

You could say that about any singer we could chose though lol. Blue and the hump have played in big arenas and were far from perfect

How long before Lys is on twitter teasing she is going to the Vatican :p
  • CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just listened to Finlands entry. Mikael Saari not winning the biggest disappointment since Porslin was eliminated in Sweden.

After the excellent När Jag Blundar last year, they send this :( Marry Me is dire.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »

I'm just hoping we get someone who doesn't let us down on the night. With both Blue and Engelbert we were all convinced before the contest that whatever else happened, we could rely on a good vocal performance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I'm just hoping we get someone who doesn't let us down on the night. With both Blue and Engelbert we were all convinced before the contest that whatever else happened, we could rely on a good vocal performance.

Some of us weren't convinced Blue could do a good vocal performance even when they were at the height of their career, and their showing at Malta TOTP only confirmed what a poor showing we were going to get. Engelbert was a let-down though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just copying these tweets from Diana's News Twitter (from boombangabang retweets) for those wihout twitter :sleep:

@diana_news how long of a wait til this announcement??? (Ben)
    @_benmurphy depends how long they wanna wait but it's done (DV)
    @_benmurphy (the thing they're announcing) (DV)
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dianna would be good, she can actually sing live and she has a good personality which helps too:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    I'm in two minds over Diana. My fear is her voice isn't powerful enough to command a stage at Eurovision, but if the stage is a lot smaller as they're planning, it might actually be okay. Her diction isn't great too.

My main issue other than that is that I think she's way too similar to Margaret Berger and Mags does "it" better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Katsuya wrote: »
    I'm in two minds over Diana. My fear is her voice isn't powerful enough to command a stage at Eurovision, but if the stage is a lot smaller as they're planning, it might actually be okay. Her diction isn't great too.

My main issue other than that is that I think she's way too similar to Margaret Berger and Mags does "it" better.

How exactly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I Feed You My Love is nothing like Diana's output apart form Kiss of a Bullet. Hurts and Berger would clash
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diana Vickers would be an amazing choice. Hopefully it's her!
    Forum Member
    My Wicked Heart and The Boy Who Murdered Love sound similar to Berger's old output, I'd say. Maybe it's just me.
  • PurpleTurtlePurpleTurtle Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week's Euro Dummies podcast (schlager-lovers might want to avoid this week's episode...): http://eurodummies.wordpress.com/2013/02/11/podcast-2013episode7/
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member

You've compared her to the wrong person Kat!

http://diana-unofficial.webs.com/2nc1g8n.jpg

http://blog.prinz.de/grand-prix/files/emmelie2.jpg

There could be a claw off in Malmo
    Forum Member
    A claw off would be epic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A claw off would be epic.

I raise the Claw off with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noblD00WFz4
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie XCX would probably are most similar artist to Margert Berger I think
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuishla wrote: »
    Just listened to Finlands entry. Mikael Saari not winning the biggest disappointment since Porslin was eliminated in Sweden.

After the excellent När Jag Blundar last year, they send this :( Marry Me is dire.
    Tell me about it... To me it was probably the biggest ESC disappointment since we failed to send Nightwish in 2000. :(
    (Needless to say I voted for Mikael...)

But I'm trying very hard to get over it... Not helping is that many on the Finnish ESC forum think those who don't like this are completely without a sense of humour. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Tell me about it... To me it was probably the biggest ESC disappointment since we failed to send Nightwish in 2000. :(

But I'm trying very hard to get over it... Not helping is that many on the Finnish ESC forum think those who don't like this are completely without a sense of humour. :rolleyes:

I played it to to my 2 female colleagues this morning and they loved it. Euroviison needs some humour in it otherwise it gets too professional and boring. Laka "Pokušaj" and Pirates of the Sea "Wolves of the Sea" were greta fun entries
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    rosetta12 wrote: »

As Mikael would say "I am no clown"...;) My favourite NF has been Finland so far -- I love that they make the effort but don't overblow it -- it would have been interesting to see what they would have done on the eurovision stage for most of the songs in the Finnish NF...sadly it has to be only one...:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I always remember her version of call me on the X Factor. She commanded the stage enough there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD8w3Jnmbrc

Plus dictation, Lena and Loreen's dictation wasn't top notch :p
    Forum Member
    You mean her version of Corned Beef, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLQVU4gDrvQ
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    For those of you worried about her vocal ability, she shocked a lot of people when she took the role of Little Voice.

I heard her sing in that and her "musical theatre" voice was so much stronger and more assured than her X Factor voice. It was really, really impressive and very distinctive.
  • QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIkgexHIgQI

I think something like this would go down very well
This discussion has been closed.