Options

Ebay

ladydedlock77ladydedlock77 Posts: 1,473
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all,
I am currently selling an item on ebay but my paypal account is locked due to some fraudulent activity and will be whilst it is investigated. Can i get the buyer to pay into a relatives paypal account?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,
    I am currently selling an item on ebay but my paypal account is locked due to some fraudulent activity and will be whilst it is investigated. Can i get the buyer to pay into a relatives paypal account?

I suppose you could try but as a buyer I wouldn't pay for it. It sounds like a scam.

You could offer an alternative method of payment but the buyer would lose his protection.

Ask yourself the question, would you be happy to do it.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cancel the listing and re-list it once your paypal account is sorted. It is the decent thing to do as a seller and gives both you and the future buyer the best protection.
  • Options
    livininadavelivininadave Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    why not pull the item until you've sorted your paypal account out?

i personally wouldn't pay into another paypal account, but as a seller i've got plenty of people to do it. you could explain to the buyer that your account has problems and send them an invoice from the other account.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

If your item has no bids you can revise it and put your relatives paypal email address in the payments section or otherwise end item and re-list and do as said. Saying that if paypal is locked may restrict you listing on ebay:confused:
  • Options
    ladydedlock77ladydedlock77 Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    If your item has no bids you can revise it and put your relatives paypal email address in the payments section or otherwise end item and re-list and do as said. Saying that if paypal is locked may restrict you listing on ebay:confused:

That is what I have done as I was not able to list the item using my paypal email. I think though it will be a lot more hassle than it worth paying into a relatives account as once the money is received it will have to be transferred to my relatives bank account and then onto mine. I think I will take the item off and relist when things are sorted. The item is very high value and i want everything done safely. Thanks everyone.