Katie Hopkins

Comments

• PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    I see shes on This Morning whata slag , why does TM get this useless piece of crap on this prog.
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please Please please DS ban all talk about this woman or even a mention of her name :mad:
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Children that are truely obese know they are and don't need it pointed out to them.
    The problem is the children that are marginally overweight, it maybe because their bodies are changing, it maybe they are over eating because they are unhappy..Just focusing on the child's weight will leave them with a lifetime of problems. Young girls have enough to deal with when it comes too body image.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Why do they keep bringing this woman on This Morning? She's on today discussing whether or not parents should be calling their kids fat.

Ratings, publicity.....
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was car crash TV, shame on ITV & This Morning for letting her back on the show.
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie Hopkins - Rent a B*tch
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy B wrote: »
    Katie Hopkins - Rent a B*tch

Is her husband a man or a mouse?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jioscar wrote: »
    Please can we all stop talking about this horrible disgusting old slag once and for all :mad:
    Please Please please DS ban all talk about this woman or even a mention of her name :mad:

With the greatest of respect - the more comments you make, the more this thread will be nearer the top of the page.

As usual, I do think she has a point re- obese children; however, she makes her point - as usual - with all the finesse, grace and charm of a pissed elephant.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    Sonia Poulton is getting in on the act
    and becoming a bit of a TV celeb like Katie.

In fact she is better looking with lovely long, blonde hair ..........
    check out the bit where Katie suggests its a wig !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAdGCvADt5w#t=438

(its kind of a modern version of cock fighting ... or should that be hen fighting ? )

Katy and Sonia are becoming a fixture of the This Morning show just like Maguire and Tory boy have become a fixture of the Anna Botting show on sky TV

• xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member

What happened to free speech ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the greatest of respect - the more comments you make, the more this thread will be nearer the top of the page.

As usual, I do think she has a point re- obese children; however, she makes her point - as usual - with all the finesse, grace and charm of a pissed elephant.

Obese children already know they are, being told they are obese achieves nothing They will already have serious issues with self-esteem. The pressure on children to be perfect is huge right now...And if their parents are struggling financially, then they maybe living on cheap, carbohydrates and rubbish....Katie is speaking as someone with a deep predjudice against anyone that is overweight...She said she wouldn't employ anyone overweight. She is nasty about other people's looks, she is always personal when she is debating someone, which is deeply unprofessional.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When she's on This Morning, I always switch over.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact Katie Hopkins want a percent to tel, their child "you are fat" makes me sick...what kind of a mother is she? She makes her children pick their friends by their names.. She doesn't think her child's birthday is important enough to make a fuss of ...
    Does Katie Hopkins hate children?
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But yes, she's just desperate to be seen as a "controversial" person, like Miley Cyrus, and like Miley, she's just as transparent and sad.
    To be honest she's no more transparent or sad than those who use the 'she's a troll... desperate to be controversial' schtick as a means to dismiss any argument of hers they aren't clever enough to fight.
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    Children that are truely obese know they are and don't need it pointed out to them.
    The problem is the children that are marginally overweight, it maybe because their bodies are changing, it maybe they are over eating because they are unhappy..Just focusing on the child's weight will leave them with a lifetime of problems. Young girls have enough to deal with when it comes too body image.
    Where is this evidence that suggesting to a child that being overweight isn't a good thing will lead to a lifelong subscription to the psychologist couch?

This 'psychological problems' regarding anything to do with kids seems to be thrown about a lot by people who seem to have nothing to back it up.

She's meerly saying that there's nothing wrong with expressing the negative aspects of being overweight and making that clear to a child. She's not saying (like all those who only see the world in black and white suggest) that we all slag our kids off shouting and pointing 'fatty, fatty, fatty', she's saying that parents shouldn't be afraid to express that obesity and being fat is a problem.

I also find it strange those making a big deal over calling a kid 'fat' have made no comment about her part of the argument about following that through as a parent by working with the child to tackle the problem. I mean surely that is the important part yet seems to be an ignored or alien concept? Or maybe just doesn't fit the 'I'm a better parent' conceit?

Also I'll say it again. For all Katie's comments whether you agree or not she never suggests a parent doesn't care for or love their child. An attack which is constantly aimed at her (usually by the woman sat next to her) meerly for the fact she has a different opinion. And that is something 1,000,000 x more heinous and hateful a comment than Katie could ever make.
  • lionelmortonlionelmorton Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its decades of pussy footing around kids that has resulted in the spineless kids around today.
    If a kid is fat they should be told - although there is a difference between being slightly overweight and being obese.
    But pretending your kids don't have problems that they actually do won't help them in the long run.
    Back in the day kids had a backbone and they knew whether a comment was justified .
    Today any criticism is labelled as bullying .
    And that's part of the problem too- kids shout "bullying" faster than asylum seekers shout "racism"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    Where is this evidence that suggesting to a child that being overweight isn't a good thing will lead to a lifelong subscription to the psychologist couch?

This 'psychological problems' regarding anything to do with kids seems to be thrown about a lot by people who seem to have nothing to back it up.

She's meerly saying that there's nothing wrong with expressing the negative aspects of being overweight and making that clear to a child. She's not saying (like all those who only see the world in black and white suggest) that we all slag our kids off shouting and pointing 'fatty, fatty, fatty', she's saying that parents shouldn't be afraid to express that obesity and being fat is a problem.

I also find it strange those making a big deal over calling a kid 'fat' have made no comment about her part of the argument about following that through as a parent by working with the child to tackle the problem. I mean surely that is the important part yet seems to be an ignored or alien concept? Or maybe just doesn't fit the 'I'm a better parent' conceit?

Also I'll say it again. For all Katie's comments whether you agree or not she never suggests a parent doesn't care for or love their child. An attack which is constantly aimed at her (usually by the woman sat next to her) meerly for the fact she has a different opinion. And that is something 1,000,000 x more heinous and hateful a comment than Katie could ever make.

I am talking from painful experience and a life time of psychological problems... Katie is the type to name call and bully, that is why she will tell an overweight woman that she is unemployable because she overweight, without looking at work record or knowing what she can do. She sees body fat as a class issue, the same way she sees boys named Tyler or girls named Charmaine...or people with tattoos. She is the type to be abusive...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-460026/Apprentice-Katie-Hopkins-wrecked-family.htmlShe

Nothing she has said, makes me think she is a good parent. If anything her drive for high standards and perfection, plus her absence from home, are ingredients for eating disorders in her own children.

All she sees is fat, she doesn't see a person, she doesn't know what lead the person to over eat. She doesn't know why a child does either...maybe it is the parents or maybe there is something deeply wrong and that child is eating because they are very upset..It maybe their parents are in a messy divorce, fighting over money issues, redundancy, worry about exams etc..The chances are that they are being bullied and know they are fat... And they are bombarded with images of how we are supposed to look.
    Young girls only have to look in the newsagents at magazine covers of unsized women, that are held up to be the image of perfection, there is also a huge rise in anorexia in children how risk getting bullied for the slightest imperfection. Yes there is an increase in childhood obesity and rising food prices and low wages are not helping....There also many children in this country that are malnourished because they are only eating one meal a day, due to benefit cuts, sanctions, etc.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I 100% put the blame on This morning for Giving this woman the Oxygen of TV airtime.
    they know totally her OTT views are going to wind people up and that's what she's invited back over and over. The debate this morning was nothing more than a shouting match with the one basic element missing. If a Child is overweight just make sure they eat healthy meals at home inform the school you having them on healthy eating if that doesn't work a packed lunch.

On one hand they talk about 5 year olds worrying about being fat but the way the debate was centred today like a Child of 10 wouldn't be aware they are overweight. Kids will always find something to pick on someone for. In my case being the tallest person in the entire school I had people in year 4 picking on me which was horrendous being in year 1.

Someone at This morning really loves Katie Hopkins and they wonder why the show is going down the toilet
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Ratings, publicity.....

Yep, but I wish they'd stop :sleep: She's an obnoxious bore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obese children already know they are, being told they are obese achieves nothing They will already have serious issues with self-esteem. The pressure on children to be perfect is huge right now...And if their parents are struggling financially, then they maybe living on cheap, carbohydrates and rubbish....Katie is speaking as someone with a deep predjudice against anyone that is overweight...She said she wouldn't employ anyone overweight. She is nasty about other people's looks, she is always personal when she is debating someone, which is deeply unprofessional.

I stated quite clearly that I felt she (as usual) expressed her point very badly - which seems to be her MO.

The fact is that childhood obesity is a ticking time bomb whether we like it or not and whilst saying to a child 'you big fat mess' is NOT the way forward, perhaps it is prudent to discuss healthy eating and exercise with children and to make them see that being overweight is not conducive to good health - it's all about education.
  • The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    I stated quite clearly that I felt she (as usual) expressed her point very badly - which seems to be her MO.

The fact is that childhood obesity is a ticking time bomb whether we like it or not and whilst saying to a child 'you big fat mess' is NOT the way forward, perhaps it is prudent to discuss healthy eating and exercise with children and to make them see that being overweight is not conducive to good health - it's all about education.

It is but sadly when I was young we occupied ourselves by going outside to play all day every day during the holidays. Meanwhile today's children will get education. Sadly it will be sitting on their backsides staring at a phone or tablet. Exercise is as important as eating healthily.

Argos today launch their under a £100 tablet aimed at the tweenie market.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just what does this woman do? She's on Daybreak now and is a regular on This Morning and various radio shows any time of day or night. Just where does the 'sucessful business' fit in?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think a big problem is what is put into our food...When I was at primary school, we had crisps at morning break every morning, sold to use, we had full fat milk and we have school dinners with pudding and custard...Most of us with packed lunch had a chocolate biscuit, some even had jam sandwiches, which would not pass lunch box inspections now. Nobody was so obsessed with our diets then. None of us were obese. Few of us had asthma or nut allergies.
    I think a problem is that we have too much sugar in everything. They campaign to cut down on salt but our food is still sweetened. If you go to France or Italy, you will notice everything is less sweet, even ice cream. Then we also have more artificial sugar in fizzy drinks etc...We didn't have diet coke, and for most of us, fizzy drinks were a treat.
    Also although Pipsqueak says it is possible to eat healthy on a tight budget (as if he has tried it..), many people do have low wages, rising prices and rising fuel costs. They have to feed their children cheaper food.
    Then you have children who do have a really healthy diet, but maybe eat secretly, if you confront those children it can do a life times worth of damage. Especially if you are like Katie and have no emotional intelligence. And think understanding is left wing idealogy. We also have a rise in childhood depression, anorexia and children that are worrying about the future that seems bleak. It isn't just poor, children that are obese.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a big problem is what is put into our food...When I was at primary school, we had crisps at morning break every morning, sold to use, we had full fat milk and we have school dinners with pudding and custard...Most of us with packed lunch had a chocolate biscuit, some even had jam sandwiches, which would not pass lunch box inspections now. Nobody was so obsessed with our diets then. None of us were obese. Few of us had asthma or nut allergies.
    I think a problem is that we have too much sugar in everything. They campaign to cut down on salt but our food is still sweetened. If you go to France or Italy, you will notice everything is less sweet, even ice cream. Then we also have more artificial sugar in fizzy drinks etc...We didn't have diet coke, and for most of us, fizzy drinks were a treat.
    Also although Pipsqueak says it is possible to eat healthy on a tight budget (as if he has tried it..), many people do have low wages, rising prices and rising fuel costs. They have to feed their children cheaper food.
    Then you have children who do have a really healthy diet, but maybe eat secretly, if you confront those children it can do a life times worth of damage. Especially if you are like Katie and have no emotional intelligence. And think understanding is left wing idealogy. We also have a rise in childhood depression, anorexia and children that are worrying about the future that seems bleak. It isn't just poor, children that are obese.

We also did masses of exercise and didn't spend our childhoods chained to games consoles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We also did masses of exercise and didn't spend our childhoods chained to games consoles.

That is true, school timetables have little room for PE and school fields have been sold...and the great Olympic legacy has turned out to be cuts and the closure of public swimming pools etc. We did still watch lots of tv and had lots of homework.
    Katie seems to think if you tell a child they are fat, it will solve the problem. She thinks being understanding is a soft option.
    I wander what she would have said if Alison Hammond had been in front of her or Vanessa Feltz.. Would she tell Eric Pickles he is fat because his mother is fat? .Katie is deeply predjudiced against the working class and the poor.
    I loved Sonia Poulton's comments, about something really bad must have happened to Katie to make her so nasty.
This discussion has been closed.