Options

Coca Cola 250ml Can

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Why? What's the point?

2 Gulps and its gone.

Even a normal can is too small half the time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/10162284/Coca-Cola-launches-new-slimline-105-calorie-can.html

They'll be advertising it as a health drink next.

Comments

• Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I find normal cans too big for me. Smaller cans are a good idea but I'd still rather buy a bottle...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normal cans are small enough.... Eek.
  • Options
    SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find normal cans too big for me. Smaller cans are a good idea but I'd still rather buy a bottle...
    I agree. I've never been able to drink a regular sized can of fizzy juice. My mother was the same. I usually opt for a bottle because I can put the top back on and drink it later. There's obviously a lot of people like us. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I've never been able to drink a regular sized can of fizzy juice. My mother was the same. I usually opt for a bottle because I can put the top back on and drink it later. There's obviously a lot of people like us. :)

Yup, my mrs is one, she can barely have half a can of coke so this would be great for her. I don't know how people can drink so much of the stuff to be honest, I always feel dehydrated after a glass of coke.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Why? What's the point?

2 Gulps and its gone.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/10162284/Coca-Cola-launches-new-slimline-105-calorie-can.html

It's telling that the mentions the calorie count. Ofcouse it is going to be less because it's a smaller can.

Off topic slightly but on Food Unwrapped they looked into why Weight Watchers bread had less calories than a standard loaf - was it special flour or something?
    Nope, the loaf was smaller meaning that they could reduce the ingredients on the labeling = less calories.
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These sort of things often cost as much as a big can.
  • Options
    NerdyMageeNerdyMagee Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Huh. I actually saw these in a local paper shop last week. They were in one of those discount baskets. I assumed they were some sort of foreign thing at the time.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normal cans are far too small. Need at least a 500ml bottle. I like to drink a lot though, everything I drink I have from a pint glass.
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's purely for style. 250ml bullet cans look more sleek and cool than the traditional 330ml fat can.

Even Lucozade is now produced in 250ml bullet cans.

Red Bull is responsible for popularising the can. Almost every energy drink on the market for the past fifteen years has copied them.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »

Red Bull is responsible for popularising the can. Almost every energy drink on the market for the past fifteen years has copied them.

Really? Arguably Redbull's 3 biggest UK competitors have all done 500ml cans. Relentless, Monster and Rockstar.
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »
    It's purely for style. 250ml bullet cans look more sleek and cool than the traditional 330ml fat can.

Even Lucozade is now produced in 250ml bullet cans.

Purely for style lol.

Its about profit margins and nothing else.
  • Options
    Little Miss KatLittle Miss Kat Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Why? What's the point?

2 Gulps and its gone.

Rather depressingly these small Coca Cola cans seem to be very popular amongst kids in my local park - maybe because they are being sold in a nearby shop for much cheaper than the regular size, about 35p per can.
  • Options
    wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    Rather depressingly these small Coca Cola cans seem to be very popular amongst kids in my local park - maybe because they are being sold in a nearby shop for much cheaper than the regular size, about 35p per can.
    Probably because they can't shift them as people are too cost concious to get ripped off these days.
  • Options
    frankie_babyfrankie_baby Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

sounds like an awfully well behaved park, the kids all drink frosty jacks in mine
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually prefer these size cans :o

A normal can is too much for me.