Moved house lost signal!

sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi I moved house last wee and used an indoor aerial to get a semi decent freeview signal on my smart tv. We don't have internet yet! Anyway the next morning all the channels were lost and no amount of re tuning will help. I've turned the tv off at the wall and all sorts. Why would it just go? Our broadband isn't coming until next Friday and just bbc/itv will do me! Can anyone suggest why? We have an LG smart tv. We have managed to connect the outdoor ariel also to no avail. I'm stuck now :( thanks.

Comments

• chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    Hi I moved house last wee and used an indoor aerial to get a semi decent freeview signal on my smart tv. We don't have internet yet! Anyway the next morning all the channels were lost and no amount of re tuning will help. I've turned the tv off at the wall and all sorts. Why would it just go? Our broadband isn't coming until next Friday and just bbc/itv will do me! Can anyone suggest why? We have an LG smart tv. We have managed to connect the outdoor ariel also to no avail. I'm stuck now :( thanks.

Have you tried a "factory reset"? Might be a bit drastic if you've had it working since you moved, but as it's not working anyway...
  • David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is the nature of Freeview, when you try using a tiny portable aerial where the signal is not considered "loads". Your only sure fire way of making it work is to use a roof aerial (or maybe one in the loft, if your lucky).
  • MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have managed to connect the outdoor ariel also to no avail. I'm stuck now :( thanks.

Ariel is washing powder. You need the correct "Group" aerial, aimed at the desired transmitter, and connected with double-screened coaxial cable, such as WF100.
    See http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/freeview_problems.htm
    for tips.