Do you think all the 'A' list superstars require security 24/7?

2»

Comments

• iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Agree Lexi. I've said on here before that my friend saw Johnny Depp and his family in a taverna in Greece. No burly security with walkie talkies wearing Ray Bans. Just a normal family having lunch. The locals and tourists all know exactly who they are but, because they're acting privately, then they get left alone - simple.

But he's on holiday. That's different than being in New York. Just look at Beyonce with Blue. EVERY day people are hawking her. And if you get death threats and so (from nutters) you have to take precautions. It's easy to say 'OTT celeb', but if you have scary experiences, then you have to take precautions. Look at Leona, harmless lady, massively talented and respected, and was punched in the face (yes, the guy did have mental issues). And look at Jessie J recently. A man DIED at one of her gigs due to being violently assaulted as the crowd went wild and rampaged. It's a mad world. Also a big popstar is very different than an actor. The profile and fan interaction is much different.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    But he's on holiday. That's different than being in New York. Just look at Beyonce with Blue. EVERY day people are hawking her. And if you get death threats and so (from nutters) you have to take precautions. It's easy to say 'OTT celeb', but if you have scary experiences, then you have to take precautions. Look at Leona, harmless lady, massively talented and respected, and was punched in the face (yes, the guy did have mental issues). And look at Jessie J recently. A man DIED at one of her gigs due to being violently assaulted as the crowd went wild and rampaged. It's a mad world. Also a big popstar is very different than an actor. The profile and fan interaction is much different.

I honestly don't begrudge stars/celebrities security if they've been getting death threats that have really put the frighteners up them. It's only stars/celebrities that have security just because they think they're special that I can't be bothered with.....whoever these are, because they might be getting death threats but keeping it a secret as well.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I guess it is different, if the celebrity has actually received death threaths. Personally, I value my own life so much, that had I received even one twtter death threath, and I had the money, I would hire a very good security team for myself.
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I honestly don't begrudge stars/celebrities security if they've been getting death threats that have really put the frighteners up them. It's only stars/celebrities that have security just because they think they're special that I can't be bothered with.....whoever these are, because they might be getting death threats but keeping it a secret as well.

BIB - That's pretty much most of them then!
  • millymilly Posts: 5,871
    Forum Member
    Yeah i understand what you are saying,and agree...
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Lamaestra wrote: »
    BIB - That's pretty much most of them then!

Actually there are many lunatics out there, and most of the stars have received some sort of death threads. Even the ones you'd never think someone would target.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,267
    Forum Member
    Let's say Brad & Angie got rid of ALL their security. How long till someone took a kid & hold them for millions?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Let's say Brad & Angie got rid of ALL their security. How long till someone took a kid & hold them for millions?

Do Brad and Angelina have security? I've never saw any pictures of them with security.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I worked for a football agent for years and spent a lot of time with the clients going to and from contracted promotional events plus normal shopping/dining/pubbing type outings. it could get quite scary if a crowd started to form - it just takes a couple of young lads or girls to make a fuss then crowd mentality can take over and people just assume carte blanche on the person's 'space'. I'm not suggesting for a moment that 24/7 security is needed for all but I can understand why the bigger stars could do with someone taking charge on the occasions when it gets out of hand.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course they do not and probably the worst offenders are the Carters who took over an entire floor in a hospital inconveniencing other patients and visitors with their security measures earlier this year
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i discussed this topic with a couple of bodyguards for a well known A list celebrity, and they said that they are paid "on call" and paid well, and at certain times they have a lot of hours and work, but at other times, most of the time there isn't anything for them to do, but they have to be available on call

when celebs go to public events they may use bodyguards, but for day to day live they don't. but then they don't go nipping to tesco for a pint of milk, they have people who take care of that kind of thing. housekeepers etc

but each celeb is different. some may be A listers but could walk down the street without being recognised, or even if recognised they wouldn't get much hassle. others would. even Z listers can get a lot of recognition and more hassle, depending on who they are

even brangelina don't use bodyguards all the time, even when visiting public places, although they will make bookings/appointments under false names

wearing normal clothing and acting normal without an entourage, half the stars wouldn't be recognised, especially if they are known for dressing in a particular way in public (ie. events, on stage, etc). lady gaga could wear a pair of jeans and a t shirt and trainers and a baseball cap and could walk past you and you wouldn't recognise her
  • Lovely LadyLovely Lady Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Even stars who don't get death threats or who are low profile are at risk. Kate Bush had a crazed fan who broke into her HOUSE recently, and she's as low profile as you can get when it comes to a celebrity.

So if I was in the public eye in any way and could happily afford it, I'd have no reservations in paying for personal security, especially if I had children.

I really don't think this is something celebs should be judged for.
  • Tree-Of-LifeTree-Of-Life Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do Brad and Angelina have security? I've never saw any pictures of them with security.

OMG are u kidding me? They are probably the most protected celebrities on earth, when they were in the UK they chartered an entire train from London to Glasgow for security reasons.
    Plus most bodyguards keep a low profile, Britney's one didn't however.
  • Tree-Of-LifeTree-Of-Life Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even stars who don't get death threats or who are low profile are at risk. Kate Bush had a crazed fan who broke into her HOUSE recently, and she's as low profile as you can get when it comes to a celebrity.

So if I was in the public eye in any way and could happily afford it, I'd have no reservations in paying for personal security, especially if I had children.

I really don't think this is something celebs should be judged for.

Absolutely not, there have been numerous instances of superstars security being breached. Remember George Harrison of the Beatles was stabbed by an intruder to his house.
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG are u kidding me? They are probably the most protected celebrities on earth, when they were in the UK they chartered an entire train from London to Glasgow for security reasons.
    Plus most bodyguards keep a low profile, Britney's one didn't however.

once they were in glasgow they did a few things in secret without security though. i know a few details about one of the things
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »
    Of course they do not and probably the worst offenders are the Carters who took over an entire floor in a hospital inconveniencing other patients and visitors with their security measures earlier this year

My point exactly, Guffy.